Can Detroit repeat?

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
I dont know if Detroit can do it again.It really depends on what NJ does with K-Mart,because if Kidd is healthy-game 7-I still like NJ.Its going to be alot harder for Det. now that they're champs.Every team in the NBA is gonna try them all season ,so we'll see if they can get back to the eastern conference finals.Personally I think Stephon is quicker, just as strong as Billups, and a better shooter and wins that matchup.Billups was the reason Det. won so I believe NY would give the Piston's a good fight - if everyone is healthy(H20).I didnt forget about Rip either-he's tough but Allen can shoot with anyone in the league so if Rip has 20 Allen better have 25-30 if NY is to beat Det. in next yrs. playoffs.

newmove

Rotation player
If Detroit keeps their present team they'll win back to back next year. They're too good to lose. Good offence, decent defence, great teamwork, awesome coach, Big Ben, name me more reasons why they will win it next year.

newmove

Rotation player
NYK89 said:
now they got McDyess as well they are gonna be crazy
And they've resigned Rasheed. Damn, they are tight. They can beat us at almost everry position except for the point... That sucks.
The key to their success was their decent D and a great unselfish teamwork... We need some of that... But since Jammal is in town I think we're gonna rule the boards against almost every eastern team except for Indiana and Detroit.
But I like the present team we've got. We just need to put some hard work to make it roll for us. That's all we need by now. And Jerome... We're going to make some buzz this season. Big buzz. I'd say conference finals. But only in case if we'd leave it all on the court at every game, just like Allan Iverson. In that case we'd advance to the Conf finals. No doubt. We've got good men that do know what they are here for.

And Antonio... I've heard Deroit's gonna give him 15-18 mins from the bench. It's over for him. He needs his minutes or he's done.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
haha, their defense was amazing, thats wut kept em in it the whole way, cept i dont know how mcdyess will fit in, because he really plays no D and i just cant see him fitting inwith their style of ball

newmove

Rotation player
Not only the defence it was that carried them all the way. They've got tremendous offence as well. If it's not Rip's day, then Chauncey steps up. If C is down Rasheed takes over. When Sheed pulls over Big Ben or T-Prince get it done... They're all-around team. D, Offence, teamwork, coach.... Daym, ain't fair! :evil:
But we've got some nice squad as well. We just have to learn how to advance from the current status. Isiah makes perfect moves by now so it's up to the players.
Kinda offtopic, but... Do you know why Shaq went east not to Dallas? Cuz he would've never started on the ASG cuz of millions of chinese fans... And the big fella went east to earn his spot here. He'll beat the shit out of Yao at this year's All-Star. Just watch him. :twisted:

JJtheKnick

Starter
now they got dice and he is probably ganna come off the bench. also what about that rookie they drfated darko. we still havent seen him in action adn he can be something big.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I think the Knicks and Miami (if they get shaq) are gonna give Detroit a run for their money this year. So I don't think they are gonna win it back to back. If I had to predict who will win the championship this year right now I would say the Houston Rockets with Yao and Mcgrady. The Knicks got a pretty decent team right now, but I'm not feeling the defense at all. We used to be one of the top defensive teams in the NBA in the past and defense is what got us far in the playoffs. I'm not too worried about offense, I think our guys are pretty talented, but unless they can work together and play D as a team we ain't going anywhere. This Crawford deal is looking worse and worse, I thought the trade would have happened by now, from the looks of it, don't think its happening. Hopefully Isiah didn't waste all his time trying to get Crawford and can get us at least a true big man in the middle.

JJtheKnick

Starter
if the heat do get shaq i think they will make it to the playoffs but not win the east. i know shaq is unstoppable and everything but it takes more than a center to win a tittle and they got no one eles

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
if the heat do get shaq i think they will make it to the playoffs but not win the east. i know shaq is unstoppable and everything but it takes more than a center to win a tittle and they got no one eles

are your serious that they have no1 else? i consider dwayne wade and eddie jones to be other people, other very good people, and yes centers do win championships, take duncan and robinson, hakeem, shaq, centers do def win championships

newmove

Rotation player
JJtheKnick said:
wade is a rookie and eddie jones is not that good. and all those other centers had a lot of back up
R u fucking serious?! Eddie still avarages about 17,5 ppg and Wade is one of the best rookies in nation! Along with Shaq and Rasula Butler those guys are gonna make miracles happen!

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
newmove said:
JJtheKnick said:
wade is a rookie and eddie jones is not that good. and all those other centers had a lot of back up
R u fucking serious?! Eddie still avarages about 17,5 ppg and Wade is one of the best rookies in nation! Along with Shaq and Rasula Butler those guys are gonna make miracles happen!
Newmove, don't worry, you're talking to someone who's ass was banned!

newmove

Rotation player
Only The Knicks said:
newmove said:
JJtheKnick said:
Newmove, don't worry, you're talking to someone who's ass was banned!
Oh, that'll save my breath... Jesus, did he always use to say such stupid things? If yes, then hell what in a world he was doing here?..