Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65

Thread: New York @ Golden State

  1. #46
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    That might be part of it...but they knew the scouting report...they lived it. So that's not the issue. It has a little bit to do with both factors...but isn't the height differential like there is between Curry and Gallinari part of what is critical to Gallinari's game?
    No, because Gallinari is a small forward. He's usually guarded by strong, athletic players 6-6 to 6-9. He's usually not defended by skinny point guards who exert most of their energy on offense.

    And the Warriors failed to play defense against the Knicks, even in their win in New York. They allowed 116 points, in that game.

  2. #47
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Weren't you the one on here complaining that Gallinari did not use his height to shoot better and score points...then last night he did it and it's the defenses' fault? Even a 6'6" guy and a 6'9" guy are shorter than Gallo. The reason Curry was moved to Gallo was because Wright (as you assert) was not getting the job done...But creating mismatches is part of Gallinari's game, especially if he is lethal from the outside either you waste a 6'8" guy standing on the perimeter or you throw (as the Warriors did last night) a smaller player on him. These are the mismatches Gallinari creates, mismatches you begged him to exploit last year. And when he finally does, you still are critical.

    Creating the mismatch is A PART of Gallinari's game...

  3. #48
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Weren't you the one on here complaining that Gallinari did not use his height to shoot better and score points...then last night he did it and it's the defenses' fault? Even a 6'6" guy and a 6'9" guy are shorter than Gallo. The reason Curry was moved to Gallo was because Wright (as you assert) was not getting the job done...But creating mismatches is part of Gallinari's game, especially if he is lethal from the outside either you waste a 6'8" guy standing on the perimeter or you throw (as the Warriors did last night) a smaller player on him. These are the mismatches Gallinari creates, mismatches you begged him to exploit last year. And when he finally does, you still are critical.

    Creating the mismatch is A PART of Gallinari's game...
    You continue to manipulate and distort what people say.

    Who was complaining?

    I clearly said I was glad the Knicks won these last two games, on a previous post.

    I'm not impressed with Gallinari. Plain and simple.

    If he plays the way he did these last two games against the Bobcats and Hawks, then I'll be impressed.

    But I'm not going to give him credit for dominating a team that was dominated by Chris Duhon 2 years ago.

  4. #49
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    You continue to manipulate and distort what people say.

    Who was complaining?

    I clearly said I was glad the Knicks won these last two games, on a previous post.

    I'm not impressed with Gallinari. Plain and simple.

    If he plays the way he did these last two games against the Bobcats and Hawks, then I'll be impressed.

    But I'm not going to give him credit for dominating a team that was dominated by Chris Duhon 2 years ago.
    Who is manipulating now? Read the post, I never said you were complaining about his play now. I said you were complaining last year that Gallo did not use his size to complete mismatches.

    I merely said you were critical. How is that manipulation?

  5. #50
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    You continue to manipulate and distort what people say.

    Who was complaining?

    I clearly said I was glad the Knicks won these last two games, on a previous post.

    I'm not impressed with Gallinari. Plain and simple.

    If he plays the way he did these last two games against the Bobcats and Hawks, then I'll be impressed.

    But I'm not going to give him credit for dominating a team that was dominated by Chris Duhon 2 years ago.
    That's a double standard because Gallinari did what a good player was suppose to do and you won't give him any credit but if he had ,had a bad game you would be calling for his head,

  6. #51
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Who is manipulating now? Read the post, I never said you were complaining about his play now. I said you were complaining last year that Gallo did not use his size to complete mismatches.

    I merely said you were critical. How is that manipulation?
    You just exposed yourself. First, you said I was complaining. Now you're saying I'm critical?

    Which one is it?

  7. #52
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    That's a double standard because Gallinari did what a good player was suppose to do and you won't give him any credit but if he had ,had a bad game you would be calling for his head,
    Not true. Gallinari has sucked for most of this preseason and regular season, and I have only criticized him 2 or 3 times.

    I criticized him WAY MORE last year.

    I've actually been pretty quiet about Gallinari, compared to usual, despite him playing even worse than he did last year.

    And everyone knows I hate D'Antoni and Walsh 1,000x more than Gallinari.

    I'd take Gallinari any day over D'Antoni and Walsh, as one dimensional as he is.

  8. #53
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    You just exposed yourself. First, you said I was complaining. Now you're saying I'm critical?

    Which one is it?

    1. You complained last year when Gallinari did not exploit mismatches in size.

    2. You are critical of his game this year, even while he is exploiting said matchups.

    Make sense? Good.

  9. #54
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    1. You complained last year when Gallinari did not exploit mismatches in size.

    2. You are critical of his game this year, even while he is exploiting said matchups.

    Make sense? Good.
    You didn't say that in your post. Make sense? Good.

  10. #55
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    You didn't say that in your post. Make sense? Good.
    Yes I did, if you read it carefully...though semantically I suppose it could be taken one of two ways. You took it the other way, that's fine. But that's a semantics/grammatical argument that won't do anybody any good except waste time/space.

    I somewhat agree with Knicksfan though. I mean, the Warriors are a bad defensive team, he did what he was supposed to do, take advantage of them, get to the line. Though if he didn't take advantage of a bad defensive team that would be a bad sign. Good offensive players are supposed to take advantage of bad defensive teams, so I see your point abcd. My whole argument is that I've seen something different in the last 2 games that I saw flashes of in the few Gallo good games this season, being more aggressive with the ball. HOPEFULLY, this is a sign of things to come, if he gets to the basket and attacks on offense it makes the team so much better overall.

    And like I said in another post, it is easy to pile on Gallinari for missing layups, he has missed his share and has not, as of yet, lived up to his draft position and league potential. But, for example in that Houston game, he definitely isn't the only one missing layups...he isn't helping matters, but if other people made their layups too, even if Gallo missed, the team would be better than it is.

  11. #56
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,499
    Rep Power
    20

    Default great game gallipini again

    the italian stallion was clutch in 4th quarter! just an amazing performance. funny, he was getting to hoop most of game, NOT shooting 3's, and when Knicks were losing lead, I thought maybe he SHOULD try some long distance shots, and wham-bam-than-you-****, the man was lights out!
    however, this game belonged to Feltip, he was unstoppable, dishing swishing rocking rolling, making unbelievable shots, being everything Duhound could NEVER be. what a game!
    Another excellent defensive effort by Tuffiaf, the difference maker.
    Chandler getting to rim, with a +/- of +12

    Surprised that Moscow is in doghouse, perhaps he could add an ounce of defense when Tuffy's not in...?

    Knicks almost blew it, those 4Q turnovers made me scream, and we just could not stop the fantastic Monte Ellis, Reggie Willams (who he?) or the shoulda-been-a-knick Curry. Why can't we have that Curry instead of the lazy f*ck we still have? damn everything about him!

    The first 3Q's were some of the best Knick basketball I've seen in years, passing the ball to find open man, STUD and Feltip making play after play, and no one shooting sh*tty 3's, just amazing! However, 4Q belonged to Gallipini, he made it happen, he is MVP.

    Let's hope Knicks keep the ball movement going, and maybe their defense will improve one of these days as well, to keep opponents under 110.

    Play Moscow, mustache!

    Keys to game: 31 assists! 57% shooting! 27-32 FTA! and of course, 10-23 from 3 is quite OK.

    I predict a win tonite.

  12. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Mozgov isn't in the doghouse, he didn't play because of a sore calf

  13. #58
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Gallo hater or not, you've got to admit that was flat-out clutch at the end of the game. He took over and scored 11 points when nobody could or would. That was impressive.

    Just for once admit that Gallo played well. It won't hurt. You won't lose any respect. It's ok to like Gallo. It's not bad to actually root for a Knick.

  14. #59
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I'll be the first non Gallo STAN on this board to admit that I was jumping off my couch cheerleading n **** after Gallo made those 3 3s down the stretch and took it to the basket for the fts on that one play late..
    Last edited by StEpHoN_mArBuRy; Nov 20, 2010 at 13:42.

  15. #60
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    All ABCD is sayin is that when Gallo is consistent, then he'll give him his credit. He did play good lastnight but I agree with ABCD, i gotta see the **** keep doing it for a couple more games before I believe he has risen

Similar Threads

  1. State of the Cap: New York Knicks
    By moneyg in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Jun 03, 2010, 15:00
  2. Exclusive: ESPN Writers Poll : Summer of 2010
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 05, 2009, 00:27
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 31, 2008, 15:34
  4. We should trade with Miami and Golden State
    By portega1968 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2008, 16:48
  5. Replies: 76
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2008, 19:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •