logo_newyorkknicks2.gif

New York City Starting 5
3931.jpg
4770.jpg
3963.jpg
4468.jpg
3607.jpg

2010111000003240.jpg

The Knicks are going in Oracle Arena to take their 5th win on the season. The knicks lost the last outing and has a chance to split 1-1. The warriors are without all star PF and Ex-Knick David Lee who is nursing an elbow injury. This game is a Must Win. The knicks are also without guard Kelenna Azubuike who came to NYC this offseason. We definitely can pull this one out. I call it, Knicks by 15

Here are some connections between the Knicks and Warriors...

On Jul. 9, 2010, the Knicks acquired Kelenna Azubuike, Anthony Randolph, and Ronny Turiaf from Golden State in exchange for forward David Lee in a sign-and-trade deal. Lee played five seasons in New York after he was selected in the first round (30th overall) of the 2005 NBA Draft. He finished his Knicks career with averages of 13 points and 9.6 rebounds over 368 games (210 starts). He left the franchise second, behind Eddy Curry, in career field goal percentage (.557).

Anthony Randolph and Ronny Turiaf played for the Warriors for two seasons from 2008-2010.

Kelenna Azubuike played for the Warriors for four seasons from 2006-2010.

Mike D’Antoni coached Warriors guard Stephen Curry during 2010 training camp for Team USA.

Danilo Gallinari and Warriors guard Stephen Curry were both participants in the 2010 NBA 3-Point Shootout. Curry finished in second place, Gallinari finished in a three-way tie for fourth place.

Amar’e Stoudemire played against David Lee in the 2010 NBA All Star Game.

Raymond Felton and David Lee played alongside each other in the 2007 T-Mobile NBA Rookie Challenge for the sophomore team – Lee won the Most Valuable Player Award.

Raymond Felton and Warriors forward Vladmir Radmanovic played together in Charlotte during the 2009-2010 season.

Ronny Turiaf and Vladmir Radmanovic played alongside each other for two seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers from 2006-2008.

Warriors Television Analyst Jim Barnett was a member of the Knicks from 1975-76.

Let's go Knicks!

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
gotta make it a win for us. 15 is a good margin when they are missing, arguably their best player.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
David Lee is not better than Monta Ellis or Stephen Curry, I don't think.

That being said without Lee we should have a STRONG advantage on the boards. We grabbed more rebounds than they did last time and that was when they had David Lee. Now that their only half-competent rebounder is Dorrell Wright I say we should go up on size. Give Anthony Randolph a ton of minutes because the Warriors' interior defense is terrible.

This game is a must-win, if we don't win this then we're basically saying that we can't beat the Warriors when they're missing their best player and we're at full strength (we didn't have Turiaf last time, I'm convinced that if we did we would've walked away from that game with a win as well).

Hopefully Danilo continues his excellent play because I don't think GS is going to defend the 3-ball very well. If he decides to drive to the basket like he did last game...good, because he's basically an automatic foul when he does so.

Overall I think they should be able to beat the Warriors pretty good. Maybe if things really go well we'll see Anthony Randolph really take off

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Hate to break it to you guys but the Knicks haven't beaten the Warriors in their gym since 2001.

Co-sign.

Plus, the Warriors are 5-0 at home this year.

Plus, the Warriors already beat the Knicks on their home floor.

Plus, the Warriors arena is one of the toughest arenas to play in in the NBA.

Plus, Mike D'Antoni is the head coach of the Knicks. You can't expect to win anything with a bum like that.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We have a big chance to control the boards tonight. Our defensive X factor assignment is Curry. Ellis is gonna get his, so we have to lock down on that 'should be' Knick.

Why can't we employ a thug? I'd love to see The Gov take the role. Just smash the piss out of a defensive assignment.

john-starks-scottie-pippen.jpg

We have a big chance to control the boards tonight. Our defensive X factor assignment is Curry. Ellis is gonna get his, so we have to lock down on that 'should be' Knick.

Why can't we employ a thug? I'd love to see The Gov take the role. Just smash the piss out of a defensive assignment.

john-starks-scottie-pippen.jpg

Yeah kinda like Shaq did to Lebron the other day just straight maul a dude to get the game going.

Kiyaman

Legend
David Lee is not better than Monta Ellis or Stephen Curry, I don't think.

I would say the three players are EQUAL at their different positions (their
talents improves as the season goes on). The GSW have a lethal trio to build
around.

The Knicks do have the edge to win this game with their fowards (Turiaf,
Randolph, Amare, Gallo, Will).
I would give Fields the job to make Ellis work on the defensive-end all game
(or untill Fields foul out). Fields overall performance earned (him) rookie
playingtime to challenge a couple of the leagues top scorers for above 35+ minutes.
Douglas should be given alot of playingtime vs his draft class Stephon Curry
during the 2nd half.

we finally look like were playing that defense like we were playing in Chicago!

Everyone playing good defense and attacking we are playing in and out ball
I love it :gony:

tiger0330

Legend
we finally look like were playing that defense like we were playing in Chicago!

Everyone playing good defense and attacking we are playing in and out ball
I love it :gony:
It's finally sinking in, playing the right way. Gallo in particular, saw him pass up a couple of 3s and instead he drove to the basket.