Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53

Thread: I like Felt..

  1. #1
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default I like Felt..

    I want to see what ya guys think of Felt right now..

    I think he's really beginning to grasp what HE needs to do to run the team properly.

    He's getting in the lane more and finishing. He shoots the 3 well. He's making himself the dynamic scoring threat we need in this offense.

    This is allowing him to find guys on the perimeter because he's getting into the teeth of the defense and scoring repeatedly.

    Felt is also starting to get a good feel for where cutting teammates are, then finding them for easy lay- ins and dunks. His vision is solid.

    I'm pleased w what i'm seeing from him thus far.

    In the summer I thought he could handle Mike D's SSOL. I have even more confidence in him now..

    I like Felt.

  2. #2
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I want to see what ya guys think of Felt right now..

    I think he's really beginning to grasp what HE needs to do to run the team properly.

    He's getting in the lane more and finishing. He shoots the 3 well. He's making himself the dynamic scoring threat we need in this offense.

    This is allowing him to find guys on the perimeter because he's getting into the teeth of the defense and scoring repeatedly.

    Felt is also starting to get a good feel for where cutting teammates, then finding them for easy lay- ins and dunks. His vision is solid.

    I'm pleased w what i'm seeing from him thus far.

    In the summer I thought he could handle Mike D's SSOL. I have even more confidence in him now..

    I like Felt.
    His offense is a god send from what Duhon was....but Felton fails to do the pick and roll which is not that hard if Chris Duhon can do it consistently with David Lee who is worse than Amare.


    Felton has to drive more so he can get doubled on the pick and roll which would allow Amare to get open on the pick and roll.

  3. #3
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    His offense is a god send from what Duhon was....but Felton fails to do the pick and roll which is not that hard if Chris Duhon can do it consistently with David Lee who is worse than Amare.


    Felton has to drive more so he can get doubled on the pick and roll which would allow Amare to get open on the pick and roll.
    I hear you.., and he will become more comfortable w the nuances of the p&r.

    But to me, this offense welcomes and needs that true shine of 1 guard. Felton is starting to get that shine, that brilliance of a true PG orchestrating an offense at a high level.

    You'll see what I mean..
    Last edited by ronoranina; Nov 21, 2010 at 00:11.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I hear you.., and he will become more comfortable w the nuances of the p&r.

    But to me, this offense welcomes and needs that true shine of 1 guard. Felton is starting to get that shine, that brilliance of a true PG orchestrating an offense at at high level.

    You'll see what I mean..
    Ya. I'll co-sign all this. His confidence is rising, which I think is an under-estimated "skill" for working D'ants offense and all around game plan. When you are advised to play such a fast paced, aggressive, even chaotic type of offense, you have less time to make plodding decisions if a play breaks down some, or you need to "improvise". Be it create a long range shot as a final resort, find your man, etc. But doing so with the efficiency and aptitude that can only be breed thru confidence. Confidence let's you improvise well, powerfully, and effectively. It's street ball (sorta), but with overall purpose and cohesion with a team facing a league of opponents. But without confidence here, you basically are just going to be choking in these spots by allowing even mild hesitation and doubt muck you up in the heat of battle.

    Time. For players to naturally mature; for all players to naturally mature within this type or environment. Is a huge asset.

    "Controlled chaos" can be very powerful. I think this is a poetic way of describing basically what D'ant generally strives to be in control of and administer. Its almost in line w fundamental game theory. Elements of surprise, novelty, having gears or speeds of play that can match or transcend opponents..

    In 2yrs when Felton is racking up all-star consideration or whatev, we'll just have to hear how damn lucky Mike Dam'toni was in getting to play with yet another good, real quality PG.

  5. #5
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Riverside Ray is a hard nosed solid PG. He kind of reminds me of Derek Harper. Should get better as season progresses too.

  6. #6
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Ya. I'll co-sign all this. His confidence is rising, which I think is an under-estimated "skill" for working D'ants offense and all around game plan. When you are advised to play such a fast paced, aggressive, even chaotic type of offense, you have less time to make plodding decisions if a play breaks down some, or you need to "improvise". Be it create a long range shot as a final resort, find your man, etc. But doing so with the efficiency and aptitude that can only be breed thru confidence. Confidence let's you improvise well, powerfully, and effectively. It's street ball (sorta), but with overall purpose and cohesion with a team facing a league of opponents. But without confidence here, you basically are just going to be choking in these spots by allowing even mild hesitation and doubt muck you up in the heat of battle.

    Time. For players to naturally mature; for all players to naturally mature within this type or environment. Is a huge asset.

    "Controlled chaos" can be very powerful. I think this is a poetic way of describing basically what D'ant generally strives to be in control of and administer. Its almost in line w fundamental game theory. Elements of surprise, novelty, having gears or speeds of play that can match or transcend opponents..

    In 2yrs when Felton is racking up all-star consideration or whatev, we'll just have to hear how damn lucky Mike Dam'toni was in getting to play with yet another good, real quality PG.
    Wow great post.. I agree w just about everything. Love your spin on what's needed in this offense.

  7. #7
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Felton can score. Hes aggresive on defense. And he has good point guard skills. But he needs to improve in the P and R. Love what I've been seeing from him of late though. Hes a godsend compared to DuDonkey.

  8. #8
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    His offense is a god send from what Duhon was....but Felton fails to do the pick and roll which is not that hard if Chris Duhon can do it consistently with David Lee who is worse than Amare.


    Felton has to drive more so he can get doubled on the pick and roll which would allow Amare to get open on the pick and roll.
    if i hear this pick n roll foolishness one more tie im gonna scream. The pick and roll is not ALWAYS an option in basketball. Our offense is not based on pick and roll anymore, we have better players now, we can do other things now... **** the pick and roll, and lets win. Our offense is based on more shots taken than the other team. We need better rebounders and thats it. i believe in MDA run run run, run the other team ragged

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Actually given the way we've been playing the last couple of days I'd say this offense is built on drawing a **** ton of fouls

    That being said Felton is great at getting the ball to the guys under the basket. I just had a feeling he was going to be good for us.

  10. #10
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    if i hear this pick n roll foolishness one more tie im gonna scream. The pick and roll is not ALWAYS an option in basketball. Our offense is not based on pick and roll anymore, we have better players now, we can do other things now... **** the pick and roll, and lets win. Our offense is based on more shots taken than the other team. We need better rebounders and thats it. i believe in MDA run run run, run the other team ragged
    I agree w the above.

    Truth is, we may not see the pick and roll as much w Felton. He will ideally put his own spin on how the offense is orchestrated.

    In Phoenix Nash used to use the p&r almost like a security blanket, especially late I'm games when he was more fatigued. Nash always knew he could free himself and get someone else or himself a good shot. Duhon did the same to a much lesser extent because he was not as dynamic.

    Once Felton establishes himself as a consistent threat to be reckoned w, I think we will see him use the p & r more. He's smart to use it sparingly now as it will not be as effective until he becomes more effective.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    It'd probably be accurate to say that Felton doesn't really NEED to use the P&R as much because he can get to the basket very well and take advantage of his quickness, wouldn't it?

  12. #12
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    It'd probably be accurate to say that Felton doesn't really NEED to use the P&R as much because he can get to the basket very well and take advantage of his quickness, wouldn't it?
    I think that's fair to say if you're talking soley about the pick. But we're talking about the p&r right?

    You could also say that the p&r would be devasting w him running it because of said speed and quickness, if his decision-making and technique was sound.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Nov 21, 2010 at 18:34.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Probably. I say they should give it another shot, but I think they'll just work on it in practice some more and in the mean time go with what they've been using recently. Whatever it is, they're winning.

  14. #14
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    if i hear this pick n roll foolishness one more tie im gonna scream. The pick and roll is not ALWAYS an option in basketball. Our offense is not based on pick and roll anymore, we have better players now, we can do other things now... **** the pick and roll, and lets win. Our offense is based on more shots taken than the other team. We need better rebounders and thats it. i believe in MDA run run run, run the other team ragged
    toons, Mike D thrived with the pick and roll and that is his main play which opens up other oppurtunities, like for example a good pick and roll frees guys outside on the three point line because defenders are bringing extra men to guard the inside, once that happens..Felton and Gallo or Douglas can shoot it lights out all day without getting covered.

    This is why the pick and roll is huge, plus of all the people in the NBA, Amare is the best at it hands down. he is explosive and can finish with a decent pass....Felton just clearly misses him. Felton has to throw it over defenders and pass ahead of Amare so he can get it and throw it down.

    Felton has been trying to get the P and R down more and more but he just isnt good at it, yet

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    As long as the Knicks keep winning, I don't care if they run the pick and roll or the jelly and roll. Get the ball to the bucket and put it in more than the other guys.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks vs Lakers Summer League top plays
    By Big C in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2010, 20:20
  2. Knicks Won't Use Mobley In Trade
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Oct 15, 2009, 19:06
  3. Christianity in 30 Seconds
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 425
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2008, 16:15
  4. newspaper article request
    By NY all day BABY in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 28, 2004, 12:04
  5. Larry Brown about KVH
    By allan20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2003, 09:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •