I like Felt..

petescud

Starter
He is definitely better then I initially thought. I dig him now myself. I love his drive to the basket reverse layups, that he uses to get back in a rhythm. He did several yesterday, including one over my homeboy Gerald Wallace...

He looks like a 20 /10 / 4 guy which is all you can expect from a point guard

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
yep,

Ray's season numbers are up from his career numbers w D'antoni as I and many others expected:

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
10-11 NYK 16 16 36.9 0.469 0.378 0.889 1.3 2.7 3.9 8.0 1.9 0.4 3.6 2.2 17.8

Career 415 385 35.0 0.412 0.330 0.787 0.7 2.7 3.4 6.5 1.4 0.2 2.6 2.3 13.5

Ray is attempting to do what Nash does in Phoenix his own way.

He is becoming Nash-like..:peace:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This thread has the good, the bad and the FUGLY!

I want to see what ya guys think of Felt right now..

I think he's really beginning to grasp what HE needs to do to run the team properly.

He's getting in the lane more and finishing. He shoots the 3 well. He's making himself the dynamic scoring threat we need in this offense.

This is allowing him to find guys on the perimeter because he's getting into the teeth of the defense and scoring repeatedly.

Felt is also starting to get a good feel for where cutting teammates are, then finding them for easy lay- ins and dunks. His vision is solid.

Nice, Ron.

NO! Ron!

P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash! Monotonous and boring.

Has a single person noticed Ray's successful passing out of the P&R lately? No? The Wil and STAT smashes last game? No? And what about the transition to penetration brilliance? No? The effective hand off 1-2 plays for high percentage shots? No? I assume not, because, as always, it's P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash!

Defensively, Felton is superordinate to Nash. However, all we here is - Offense, offense, offense, offense..... System, system, system, system, system. Offense, offense, offense, offense, offense..... System, system, system, system, system.

His offense is a god send from what Duhon was....but Felton fails to do the pick and roll which is not that hard if Chris Duhon can do it consistently with David Lee who is worse than Amare.

Felton has to drive more so he can get doubled on the pick and roll which would allow Amare to get open on the pick and roll.
:wtf:
:barf:
I don't even know what to say to this? Felton doesn't deserve that. We're gonna need a Knicks confession booth. SINFUL.

It'd probably be accurate to say that Felton doesn't really NEED to use the P&R as much because he can get to the basket very well and take advantage of his quickness, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't it indeed!??

No more Puhon, no more Nash. Watch the games - watch them well.

Raymond is playing like an All Star.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Hey new poster here..

im really liking what Im seeing from the Knicks so far this season.. Felton is a big reason why.. He's an unselfish player who doesn't only care about his stat sheet (ie. Marbury) .. He can find his guys and if he has to he can 'slice and dice' - (Clyde) his way to the hoop and lay em in like he did last night in Charlotte.. He's shooting 46% from the field right now now which is good and he is a good FT shooter.. has nice midrange jump shot as well.. He will thrive in the Knicks system im pretty sure of it.. You can win with this guy.. I like Felton Like him alot!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy8's,

We'll have to agree to disagree on Felton becoming Nash-like. I think you'll be proved wrong as the season goes along.

Idk how you fail to understand the comparison i'm making between Nash and Felton. I've stayed clearly over and over that Felton can not be Nash. He's going to make his leap his own way. In doing so he's being Nash like; ie.. going from being a pretty average PG to being one who can orchestrate an offense at a high level in this system.

I'm attempting to draw a rather simple parallel. Whether it's boring to you or not doesn't change the fact that Coach had the same system in Phoenix w a PG he groomed and honed within that system. Here in NY you have the same coach, the same system, and a different PG = Felton that he is trying to groom and hone within said system.

What is so hard to understand about this??

History is repeating itself right here in NY on this team..

And, you are so wrong about Felton and Nash defensively. Felton is a much more capable one on one defender than Nash ever was.

Edit: sry, just reread your post Felton is- superordinate- to Nash defensively. I read subordinate. You could have just said -superior, or better lol.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Hey new poster here..

im really liking what Im seeing from the Knicks so far this season.. Felton is a big reason why.. He's an unselfish player who doesn't only care about his stat sheet (ie. Marbury) .. He can find his guys and if he has to he can 'slice and dice' - (Clyde) his way to the hoop and lay em in like he did last night in Charlotte.. He's shooting 46% from the field right now now which is good and he is a good FT shooter.. has nice midrange jump shot as well.. He will thrive in the Knicks system im pretty sure of it.. You can win with this guy.. I like Felton Like him alot!

You're right on bud.. Nice post!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I like Felt?

Crazy8's

We'll have to agree to disagree on Felton becoming Nash-like. I think you'll be proved wrong as the season goes along.

Idk how you fail to understand the comparison i'm making between Nash and Felton. I've stated clearly over and over that Felton can not be Nash. He's going to make his leap his own way. In doing so he's being Nash like; ie.. going from being a pretty average PG to being one who can orchestrate an offense at a high level in this system.

I'm attempting to draw a rather simple parallel. Whether it's boring to you or not doesn't change the fact that Coach had the same system in Phoenix w a PG he groomed and honed within that system. Here in NY you have the same coach, the same system, and a different PG = Felton that he is trying to groom and hone within said system.

What is so hard to understand about this??

What you just said, in plain terms, is that:

-Any of Felton's future, comparative with past, success is an offset of D'antoni's system.
-Any average PG can orchestrate an offense at a high level in this system.

So Raymond's average, and the system is what makes him more than average.

A rather simple parallel.

☆Nash was average before Phoenix my bottom.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
What you just said, in plain terms, is that:

-Any of Felton's future, comparative with past, success is an offset of D'antoni's system.
-Any average PG can orchestrate an offense at a high level in this system.

So Raymond's average, and the system is what makes him more than average.

A rather simple parallel.

☆Nash was average before Phoenix my bottom.

No you said that..

The point guards in question have to atleast be good for Mike to turn them into something great, diamonds in the rough so to speak.

Mike finds em' and polishes em' off..

Duhon was a good example of this as he was not good and thus did not perform in a way that I would characterize as exceling, or even close for that matter..

He was average and his numbers were bad before being coached by Mike D, so no what YOU said does not apply to all PGs.

Mike D looks for good PGs w average numbers who he thinks can Excel at running his O. Period.

Nash's numbers were average before being coached by Mike D. He wasn't. Go look for yourself, or should I post them.

Nash just needed the right coach, just like Felton!

And yes the system does help.. Both of them have stated this ad nauseum.

Why is this like a new concept to you??

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
No you said that..

The point guards in question have to atleast be good for Mike to turn them into something great, diamonds in the rough so to speak

In doing so he's being Nash like; ie.. going from being a pretty average PG to being one who can orchestrate an offense at a high level in this system.

etick_dantoni09_850.jpg

No reasoning with some people.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy8's,

You don't get it..

I was defining average w regards to Felton and Nash by their PRODUCTION not by their SKILLS.

Now that you kno what I meant, that by the numbers Nash and Felton were pretty average, do you have a response??

Or have I won this argument? I suspect I have, which is why you foregoed an actual substantive response to my original point about history repeating itself and instead posted some BS. Lame.

Just admit it..

Same coach, same system and different PG in Felton = equals history repeating itself.. Go ahead, lol, it won't hurt ya.

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
I think Felton's numbers up are mostly due to STAT's leadership and determination to win. We haven't had a guy like that in years. Yeah, Dantoni's system doesn't hurt, but i still think STAT's winning style is winning our team over. I actually can't wait to see games again. I'm in awe. I can just imagine how Spike and all the other season ticket holders feel..... Go Knicks

jpz17

Starter
I think Felton's numbers up are mostly due to STAT's leadership and determination to win. We haven't had a guy like that in years. Yeah, Dantoni's system doesn't hurt, but i still think STAT's winning style is winning our team over. I actually can't wait to see games again. I'm in awe. I can just imagine how Spike and all the other season ticket holders feel..... Go Knicks

D'Antoni's WINNING system.

<table class="sortable stats_table" id="stats"><tfoot><tr class="bold_text stat_total"><td align="right">336</td> <td align="right">-283</td> <td align="right">.543</td></tr></tfoot></table>
Not bad for a guy with initials that spell M.A.D.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
D'Antoni's WINNING system.

<table class="sortable stats_table" id="stats"><tfoot><tr class="bold_text stat_total"><td align="right">336</td> <td align="right">-283</td> <td align="right">.543</td></tr></tfoot></table>
Not bad for a guy with initials that spell M.A.D.

yea alot of people on these boards are MAD now that he's got the team playing well. so ridiculous..

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Crazy8's, You don't get it..

I was defining average w regards to Felton and Nash by their PRODUCTION not by their SKILLS.

Now that you kno what I meant, that by the numbers Nash and Felton were pretty average, do you have a response??

Or have I won this argument? I suspect I have, which is why you foregoed an actual substantive response to my original point about history repeating itself and instead posted some BS. Lame.:boohoo:

Already have retorted your history repeating itself crud in another thread.

So this is about numbers? He's becoming Nash like number wise? You're another 'game on paper' mule.

substantive response to my original point about history repeating itself and instead posted some BS. Lame

What point is there in making substantive responses to you, when you doctor your opinions from post to post for the benefit of arguing? Now THAT is lame BS. If I'm wrong here, and it's just that you can't make a point with clarity, then why bother making a point at all? And seriously, eat a dick with your grumpy little comments.

Like Nash in his own way? ****ing 'game on paper' mule. Eeeeh Awwwww. Befuddling. Sort yourself out, Ron.

Honestly, I think I'd be forgiven if I made the assumption that you ARE Mike D'antoni. Only he could possibly butt ride Nash this hard. Our Captain is playing exceptionally well, and you throw praise at the coach and his former PG. Go post in a mid 2000s Suns' forum.

Mike D looks for good PGs w average numbers who he thinks can Excel at running his O. Period

Felton was DW's idea. Period. Go and read about it.

Bottom line; get Nash and MD's 'stache out of your ash. Felton is doing everything his own way. He plays nothing like Nash, so stop whacking off to the comparison and back your captain without belittling him in the name of someone else's.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Ok Crazy8s,

You can start to spew insults because you don't have any retort to my points.

And I'm not "doctoring" them.. There's a difference between you not knowing what i'm talking about and me having to clarify for your edification, and me needing to sort my own points out. You either knew what I meant about Nash being average, or acted like you didn't know. I suspect it's the latter. It's obvious that he wasn't merely an okay player in hindsight, but on paper he clearly was average.

Then I try to clarify what I meant for your 'understanding' and you call it doctoring. Oh well. You still haven't addressed the central idea -- that Nash had the potential in him he just had to get w the right coach and system; and that a similar unification is happening with Felton, this system and our coach. You have no arguement for that fact. Your perception is flawed and instead of admitting it, your resorting to insults and saying i'm playing w the pieces of my argument. Weak bro.

You actually said i'm throwing praise at the coach,lol?! Seriously?? This whole premise of this thread is to give props to Felton you moron.

Let me explain something to you, when I say Felton needs the system or our coach,it's not a knock on Felton. Players skills are inhibited or allowed to flourish depending on how they are used in the respective system they happen to be in. We've seen this already w Felton have we not? He played w Larry Brown, a coach who insists on slowing it down, taking time off the clock, who doesn't allow a lot of freelancing in his system. Mike D's system is uninhibiting in all of the above ways. Can you refute that? Or do you just want to hurl more insults? Why Felton needing the system is not a knock is because he has the talent. He is more able to show it in the SSOL though. The figurative shakles Brown had on him are off now. You prolly still don't get it..

Last edited:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Felton is a little too selfish for me. He should be passing the ball more. How many times did Gallo have Bibby in a mismatch yesterday and Felton ignored him? Even the commentators kept saying it.

Apart from that I like his overall game, his scoring is really helping us but I`d like to see him look for others a little more.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Ok Crazy8s,

You can start to spew insults because you don't have any retort to my points.

And I'm not "doctoring" my points. There's a difference between you not knowing what i'm talking about and me having to clarify for your edification, and me needing to sort my own points out. I knew what I meant. You either knew what I meant about Nash being average, or acted like you didn't know. I suspect it's the latter. It's obvious that he wasn't merely an okay player in hindsight.

Then I try to clarify what I meant for your 'understanding' and you call it doctoring. Oh well. You still haven't addressed the central idea -- that Nash had the potential in him he just had to get w the right coach and system; and that a similar unification is happening with Felton, this system and our coach. You have no arguement for that fact. Your perception is flawed and instead of admitting it, your resorting to insults and saying i'm playing w the pieces of my argument. Weak bro.

You actually said i'm throwing praise at the coach,lol?! Seriously?? This whole premise of this thread is to give props to Felton you moron.

Let me explain something to you, when I say Felton needs the system or our coach,it's not a knock on Felton. Players skills are inhibited or allowed to flourish depending on how they are used in the respective system they happen to be in. We've seen this already w Felton have we not? He played w Larry Brown, a coach who insists on slowing it down, taking time off the clock, who doesn't allow a lot of freelancing in his system. Mike D's system is uninhibiting in all of the above ways. Can you refute that? Or do you just want to hurl more insults? Why Felton needing the system is not a knock is because he has the talent. He is more able to show it in the SSOL though. The figurative shakles Brown had on him are off now. You prolly still don't get it..

Oh Jesus, enough with the patronisation. You're trying so hard when all I've said is that you've over done the Nash thing. Get over yourself, Ron. Jesus.

I agree with/have never said otherwise about Raymond's numbers improving under D'Antoni. And if you think anything you say is beyond me, ばかやろう. I never said Nash didn't perform better under MD either.

Feel free to show where I have done.

You say silly things in your attempts to profess intelligence. Not saying you're stupid, of course, but you get caught up in the attempt. The whole Nash was average in Dallas is heinous. And again, the whole 'game on paper' poop in regard to Nash is ridiculous as well. In his last year as a Mav, he was the on court leader of the NBA's best team. He had great numbers in the playoffs, he was widely referred to as a top 5 PG and that's why Phoenix offered in excess of $60M.

The bottom line was/has always been, that the whole Nash bullshit has to stop on this site. It's lame. And it all comes from you. Like you said: 'Felton will never be like Nash', so what's the point in bringing Nash in to it in the first place? Comparisons are unavoidable, but, as I say, they're futile. Give the dude [and me] a rest.

And stop trying so hard.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Oh Jesus, enough with the patronisation. You're trying so hard when all I've said is that you've over done the Nash thing. Get over yourself, Ron. Jesus.

I agree with/have never said otherwise about Raymond's numbers improving under D'Antoni. And if you think anything you say is beyond me, ばかやろう. I never said Nash didn't perform better under MD either.

Feel free to show where I have done.

You say silly things in your attempts to profess intelligence. Not saying you're stupid, of course, but you get caught up in the attempt. The whole Nash was average in Dallas is heinous. And again, the whole 'game on paper' poop in regard to Nash is ridiculous as well. In his last year as a Mav, he was the on court leader of the NBA's best team. He had great numbers in the playoffs, he was widely referred to as a top 5 PG and that's why Phoenix offered in excess of $60M.

The bottom line was/has always been, that the whole Nash bullshit has to stop on this site. It's lame. And it all comes from you. Like you said: 'Felton will never be like Nash', so what's the point in bringing Nash in to it in the first place? Comparisons are unavoidable, but, as I say, they're futile. Give the dude [and me] a rest.

And stop trying so hard.

Dude, all i'm doing is telling you what I think. Your the one that's all bent out of shape about the Nash comparisons, for what reason I can't fathom. The similarities are clear as day. I've pointed them out (and yes you retorted to them,but you did not refute them, lol) consistently.

And I don't remember anyone referring to Nash as a top 5 PG when he was in Dallas. You'll have to refresh my memory w some evidence on that one, if the is any..

And i'm not a 'paper numbers mule', or whatever that ridiculous name is you use. If I was only using numbers to judge Felton then I wouldn't have been saying that he had the potential for dramatic improvement in the summer. I've watched the man play on court and knew he had the skills to have his numbers jump w Mike D. I can post evidence if you like.. So I don't go by the numbers soley. You mis-characterize a lot my dude.

..And your telling me to stop trying so hard?! Dude, you're the one w 4 different threads (game thread aside) on the board and a cumulative average of 2.25 replies!? And u usually have that many going. U should stop throwing every piece of shit you can at the wall that u think people might be interested in and instead stop and think of something that actually matters to YOU. Then maybe you'd get some replies to your lame ass threads.

Last edited: