Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I like Felt..

i am liking felton right now, runs the team well, smart shot selection, good passes.

needs to work on turn overs.

Veteran

It's amazing just how much difference it makes having Felton instead of Duhon runing the point.

Man Duhon was terrible especially after December of last season...first season he wasn't THAT bad the first half, but man...Felton's really stepped up

Duhon was Essential in our plan to tank last season Effectively and Effeciently.

Veteran

Ya. Well, we still have foos talking wistfully of Duhon, and how sweeeeet it'd be if he was here dishing to STAT and Moz all day long.

Meanwhile, we are witnessing (the latest) D'antoni Point Guard revolution.

Ray is that dude.

After last nights performance (23 points, 13 assists and that key steal at the end of the game to regain possession) I can honestly say this guy can run this team for the long haul.

I have total confidence in him ans you should too. The D'antoni effect is taking a hold of Felton. This is a beautiful thing to watch.

He is definitely better then I initially thought. I dig him now myself. I love his drive to the basket reverse layups, that he uses to get back in a rhythm. He did several yesterday, including one over my homeboy Gerald Wallace...

He looks like a 20 /10 / 4 guy which is all you can expect from a point guard

Thumbs up

yep,

Ray's season numbers are up from his career numbers w D'antoni as I and many others expected:

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    10-11 NYK 16 16 36.9 0.469 0.378 0.889 1.3 2.7 3.9 8.0 1.9 0.4 3.6 2.2 17.8

Career 415 385 35.0 0.412 0.330 0.787 0.7 2.7 3.4 6.5 1.4 0.2 2.6 2.3 13.5

Ray is attempting to do what Nash does in Phoenix his own way.

He is becoming Nash-like..

Nyk Logo This thread has the good, the bad and the FUGLY!

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I want to see what ya guys think of Felt right now..

I think he's really beginning to grasp what HE needs to do to run the team properly.

He's getting in the lane more and finishing. He shoots the 3 well. He's making himself the dynamic scoring threat we need in this offense.

This is allowing him to find guys on the perimeter because he's getting into the teeth of the defense and scoring repeatedly.

Felt is also starting to get a good feel for where cutting teammates are, then finding them for easy lay- ins and dunks. His vision is solid.
    Nice, Ron.

Ray is attempting to do what Nash does in Phoenix his own way.

He is becoming Nash-like..
    NO! Ron!

P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash! Monotonous and boring.

Has a single person noticed Ray's successful passing out of the P&R lately? No? The Wil and STAT smashes last game? No? And what about the transition to penetration brilliance? No? The effective hand off 1-2 plays for high percentage shots? No? I assume not, because, as always, it's P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash - P&R + Nash!

Defensively, Felton is superordinate to Nash. However, all we here is - Offense, offense, offense, offense..... System, system, system, system, system. Offense, offense, offense, offense, offense..... System, system, system, system, system.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    His offense is a god send from what Duhon was....but Felton fails to do the pick and roll which is not that hard if Chris Duhon can do it consistently with David Lee who is worse than Amare.

Felton has to drive more so he can get doubled on the pick and roll which would allow Amare to get open on the pick and roll.

I don't even know what to say to this? Felton doesn't deserve that. We're gonna need a Knicks confession booth. SINFUL.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    It'd probably be accurate to say that Felton doesn't really NEED to use the P&R as much because he can get to the basket very well and take advantage of his quickness, wouldn't it?
    Wouldn't it indeed!??

No more Puhon, no more Nash. Watch the games - watch them well.

Raymond is playing like an All Star.

Hey new poster here..

im really liking what Im seeing from the Knicks so far this season.. Felton is a big reason why.. He's an unselfish player who doesn't only care about his stat sheet (ie. Marbury) .. He can find his guys and if he has to he can 'slice and dice' - (Clyde) his way to the hoop and lay em in like he did last night in Charlotte.. He's shooting 46% from the field right now now which is good and he is a good FT shooter.. has nice midrange jump shot as well.. He will thrive in the Knicks system im pretty sure of it.. You can win with this guy.. I like Felton Like him alot!

Question Mark

Crazy8's,

We'll have to agree to disagree on Felton becoming Nash-like. I think you'll be proved wrong as the season goes along.

Idk how you fail to understand the comparison i'm making between Nash and Felton. I've stayed clearly over and over that Felton can not be Nash. He's going to make his leap his own way. In doing so he's being Nash like; ie.. going from being a pretty average PG to being one who can orchestrate an offense at a high level in this system.

I'm attempting to draw a rather simple parallel. Whether it's boring to you or not doesn't change the fact that Coach had the same system in Phoenix w a PG he groomed and honed within that system. Here in NY you have the same coach, the same system, and a different PG = Felton that he is trying to groom and hone within said system.

What is so hard to understand about this??

History is repeating itself right here in NY on this team..

And, you are so wrong about Felton and Nash defensively. Felton is a much more capable one on one defender than Nash ever was.

Edit: sry, just reread your post Felton is- superordinate- to Nash defensively. I read subordinate. You could have just said -superior, or better lol.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Nov 25, 2010 at 23:55.

Originally Posted by JoHnNyBoXeR
    Hey new poster here..

im really liking what Im seeing from the Knicks so far this season.. Felton is a big reason why.. He's an unselfish player who doesn't only care about his stat sheet (ie. Marbury) .. He can find his guys and if he has to he can 'slice and dice' - (Clyde) his way to the hoop and lay em in like he did last night in Charlotte.. He's shooting 46% from the field right now now which is good and he is a good FT shooter.. has nice midrange jump shot as well.. He will thrive in the Knicks system im pretty sure of it.. You can win with this guy.. I like Felton Like him alot!
    You're right on bud.. Nice post!

Default I like Felt?

Crazy8's

We'll have to agree to disagree on Felton becoming Nash-like. I think you'll be proved wrong as the season goes along.

Idk how you fail to understand the comparison i'm making between Nash and Felton. I've stated clearly over and over that Felton can not be Nash. He's going to make his leap his own way. In doing so he's being Nash like; ie.. going from being a pretty average PG to being one who can orchestrate an offense at a high level in this system.

I'm attempting to draw a rather simple parallel. Whether it's boring to you or not doesn't change the fact that Coach had the same system in Phoenix w a PG he groomed and honed within that system. Here in NY you have the same coach, the same system, and a different PG = Felton that he is trying to groom and hone within said system.

What is so hard to understand about this??
    What you just said, in plain terms, is that:

-Any of Felton's future, comparative with past, success is an offset of D'antoni's system.
    -Any average PG can orchestrate an offense at a high level in this system.

So Raymond's average, and the system is what makes him more than average.

A rather simple parallel.

☆Nash was average before Phoenix my bottom.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    What you just said, in plain terms, is that:

-Any of Felton's future, comparative with past, success is an offset of D'antoni's system.
    -Any average PG can orchestrate an offense at a high level in this system.

So Raymond's average, and the system is what makes him more than average.

A rather simple parallel.

☆Nash was average before Phoenix my bottom.
    No you said that..

The point guards in question have to atleast be good for Mike to turn them into something great, diamonds in the rough so to speak.

Mike finds em' and polishes em' off..

Duhon was a good example of this as he was not good and thus did not perform in a way that I would characterize as exceling, or even close for that matter..

He was average and his numbers were bad before being coached by Mike D, so no what YOU said does not apply to all PGs.

Mike D looks for good PGs w average numbers who he thinks can Excel at running his O. Period.

Nash's numbers were average before being coached by Mike D. He wasn't. Go look for yourself, or should I post them.

Nash just needed the right coach, just like Felton!

And yes the system does help.. Both of them have stated this ad nauseum.

Why is this like a new concept to you??
    Last edited by ronoranina; Nov 26, 2010 at 00:14.

No you said that..

The point guards in question have to atleast be good for Mike to turn them into something great, diamonds in the rough so to speak

In doing so he's being Nash like; ie.. going from being a pretty average PG to being one who can orchestrate an offense at a high level in this system.

No reasoning with some people.

Question Mark

Crazy8's,

You don't get it..

I was defining average w regards to Felton and Nash by their PRODUCTION not by their SKILLS.

Now that you kno what I meant, that by the numbers Nash and Felton were pretty average, do you have a response??

Or have I won this argument? I suspect I have, which is why you foregoed an actual substantive response to my original point about history repeating itself and instead posted some BS. Lame.

Just admit it..

Same coach, same system and different PG in Felton = equals history repeating itself.. Go ahead, lol, it won't hurt ya.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Nov 26, 2010 at 01:04.