Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: I like Felt..

  1. #31
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I think Felton's numbers up are mostly due to STAT's leadership and determination to win. We haven't had a guy like that in years. Yeah, Dantoni's system doesn't hurt, but i still think STAT's winning style is winning our team over. I actually can't wait to see games again. I'm in awe. I can just imagine how Spike and all the other season ticket holders feel..... Go Knicks

  2. #32
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by petescud
    I think Felton's numbers up are mostly due to STAT's leadership and determination to win. We haven't had a guy like that in years. Yeah, Dantoni's system doesn't hurt, but i still think STAT's winning style is winning our team over. I actually can't wait to see games again. I'm in awe. I can just imagine how Spike and all the other season ticket holders feel..... Go Knicks
    D'Antoni's WINNING system.

    <table class="sortable stats_table" id="stats"><tfoot><tr class="bold_text stat_total"><td align="right">336</td> <td align="right">-283</td> <td align="right">.543</td></tr></tfoot></table>
    Not bad for a guy with initials that spell M.A.D.

  3. #33
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    We need like 21 & 10 from Felt-her-up, :-) ..

    He should dominate Bibby's no D playin' ass

  4. #34
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    D'Antoni's WINNING system.

    <table class="sortable stats_table" id="stats"><tfoot><tr class="bold_text stat_total"><td align="right">336</td> <td align="right">-283</td> <td align="right">.543</td></tr></tfoot></table>
    Not bad for a guy with initials that spell M.A.D.
    yea alot of people on these boards are MAD now that he's got the team playing well. so ridiculous..

  5. #35
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    yea alot of people on these boards are MAD now that he's got the team playing well. so ridiculous..
    Word...I have never seen a group of fans so angry about a five game WINNING streak...

  6. #36
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Crazy8's, You don't get it..

    I was defining average w regards to Felton and Nash by their PRODUCTION not by their SKILLS.

    Now that you kno what I meant, that by the numbers Nash and Felton were pretty average, do you have a response??

    Or have I won this argument? I suspect I have, which is why you foregoed an actual substantive response to my original point about history repeating itself and instead posted some BS. Lame.
    .
    Already have retorted your history repeating itself crud in another thread.

    So this is about numbers? He's becoming Nash like number wise? You're another 'game on paper' mule.

    substantive response to my original point about history repeating itself and instead posted some BS. Lame
    What point is there in making substantive responses to you, when you doctor your opinions from post to post for the benefit of arguing? Now THAT is lame BS. If I'm wrong here, and it's just that you can't make a point with clarity, then why bother making a point at all? And seriously, eat a dick with your grumpy little comments.


    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Ray is attempting to do what Nash does in Phoenix his own way.

    He is becoming Nash-like..
    Like Nash in his own way? ****ing 'game on paper' mule. Eeeeh Awwwww. Befuddling. Sort yourself out, Ron.

    Honestly, I think I'd be forgiven if I made the assumption that you ARE Mike D'antoni. Only he could possibly butt ride Nash this hard. Our Captain is playing exceptionally well, and you throw praise at the coach and his former PG. Go post in a mid 2000s Suns' forum.

    Mike D looks for good PGs w average numbers who he thinks can Excel at running his O. Period
    Felton was DW's idea. Period. Go and read about it.

    Bottom line; get Nash and MD's 'stache out of your ash. Felton is doing everything his own way. He plays nothing like Nash, so stop whacking off to the comparison and back your captain without belittling him in the name of someone else's.

  7. #37
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Ok Crazy8s,

    You can start to spew insults because you don't have any retort to my points.

    And I'm not "doctoring" them.. There's a difference between you not knowing what i'm talking about and me having to clarify for your edification, and me needing to sort my own points out. You either knew what I meant about Nash being average, or acted like you didn't know. I suspect it's the latter. It's obvious that he wasn't merely an okay player in hindsight, but on paper he clearly was average.

    Then I try to clarify what I meant for your 'understanding' and you call it doctoring. Oh well. You still haven't addressed the central idea -- that Nash had the potential in him he just had to get w the right coach and system; and that a similar unification is happening with Felton, this system and our coach. You have no arguement for that fact. Your perception is flawed and instead of admitting it, your resorting to insults and saying i'm playing w the pieces of my argument. Weak bro.

    You actually said i'm throwing praise at the coach,lol?! Seriously?? This whole premise of this thread is to give props to Felton you moron.

    Let me explain something to you, when I say Felton needs the system or our coach,it's not a knock on Felton. Players skills are inhibited or allowed to flourish depending on how they are used in the respective system they happen to be in. We've seen this already w Felton have we not? He played w Larry Brown, a coach who insists on slowing it down, taking time off the clock, who doesn't allow a lot of freelancing in his system. Mike D's system is uninhibiting in all of the above ways. Can you refute that? Or do you just want to hurl more insults? Why Felton needing the system is not a knock is because he has the talent. He is more able to show it in the SSOL though. The figurative shakles Brown had on him are off now. You prolly still don't get it..
    Last edited by ronoranina; Nov 28, 2010 at 07:52.

  8. #38

    Default

    Felton is a little too selfish for me. He should be passing the ball more. How many times did Gallo have Bibby in a mismatch yesterday and Felton ignored him? Even the commentators kept saying it.

    Apart from that I like his overall game, his scoring is really helping us but I`d like to see him look for others a little more.

  9. #39
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Ok Crazy8s,

    You can start to spew insults because you don't have any retort to my points.

    And I'm not "doctoring" my points. There's a difference between you not knowing what i'm talking about and me having to clarify for your edification, and me needing to sort my own points out. I knew what I meant. You either knew what I meant about Nash being average, or acted like you didn't know. I suspect it's the latter. It's obvious that he wasn't merely an okay player in hindsight.

    Then I try to clarify what I meant for your 'understanding' and you call it doctoring. Oh well. You still haven't addressed the central idea -- that Nash had the potential in him he just had to get w the right coach and system; and that a similar unification is happening with Felton, this system and our coach. You have no arguement for that fact. Your perception is flawed and instead of admitting it, your resorting to insults and saying i'm playing w the pieces of my argument. Weak bro.

    You actually said i'm throwing praise at the coach,lol?! Seriously?? This whole premise of this thread is to give props to Felton you moron.

    Let me explain something to you, when I say Felton needs the system or our coach,it's not a knock on Felton. Players skills are inhibited or allowed to flourish depending on how they are used in the respective system they happen to be in. We've seen this already w Felton have we not? He played w Larry Brown, a coach who insists on slowing it down, taking time off the clock, who doesn't allow a lot of freelancing in his system. Mike D's system is uninhibiting in all of the above ways. Can you refute that? Or do you just want to hurl more insults? Why Felton needing the system is not a knock is because he has the talent. He is more able to show it in the SSOL though. The figurative shakles Brown had on him are off now. You prolly still don't get it..
    Oh Jesus, enough with the patronisation. You're trying so hard when all I've said is that you've over done the Nash thing. Get over yourself, Ron. Jesus.

    I agree with/have never said otherwise about Raymond's numbers improving under D'Antoni. And if you think anything you say is beyond me, ばかやろう. I never said Nash didn't perform better under MD either.

    Feel free to show where I have done.

    You say silly things in your attempts to profess intelligence. Not saying you're stupid, of course, but you get caught up in the attempt. The whole Nash was average in Dallas is heinous. And again, the whole 'game on paper' poop in regard to Nash is ridiculous as well. In his last year as a Mav, he was the on court leader of the NBA's best team. He had great numbers in the playoffs, he was widely referred to as a top 5 PG and that's why Phoenix offered in excess of $60M.

    The bottom line was/has always been, that the whole Nash bull**** has to stop on this site. It's lame. And it all comes from you. Like you said: 'Felton will never be like Nash', so what's the point in bringing Nash in to it in the first place? Comparisons are unavoidable, but, as I say, they're futile. Give the dude [and me] a rest.

    And stop trying so hard.

  10. #40
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Oh Jesus, enough with the patronisation. You're trying so hard when all I've said is that you've over done the Nash thing. Get over yourself, Ron. Jesus.

    I agree with/have never said otherwise about Raymond's numbers improving under D'Antoni. And if you think anything you say is beyond me, ばかやろう. I never said Nash didn't perform better under MD either.

    Feel free to show where I have done.

    You say silly things in your attempts to profess intelligence. Not saying you're stupid, of course, but you get caught up in the attempt. The whole Nash was average in Dallas is heinous. And again, the whole 'game on paper' poop in regard to Nash is ridiculous as well. In his last year as a Mav, he was the on court leader of the NBA's best team. He had great numbers in the playoffs, he was widely referred to as a top 5 PG and that's why Phoenix offered in excess of $60M.

    The bottom line was/has always been, that the whole Nash bull**** has to stop on this site. It's lame. And it all comes from you. Like you said: 'Felton will never be like Nash', so what's the point in bringing Nash in to it in the first place? Comparisons are unavoidable, but, as I say, they're futile. Give the dude [and me] a rest.

    And stop trying so hard.
    Dude, all i'm doing is telling you what I think. Your the one that's all bent out of shape about the Nash comparisons, for what reason I can't fathom. The similarities are clear as day. I've pointed them out (and yes you retorted to them,but you did not refute them, lol) consistently.

    And I don't remember anyone referring to Nash as a top 5 PG when he was in Dallas. You'll have to refresh my memory w some evidence on that one, if the is any..

    And i'm not a 'paper numbers mule', or whatever that ridiculous name is you use. If I was only using numbers to judge Felton then I wouldn't have been saying that he had the potential for dramatic improvement in the summer. I've watched the man play on court and knew he had the skills to have his numbers jump w Mike D. I can post evidence if you like.. So I don't go by the numbers soley. You mis-characterize a lot my dude.

    ..And your telling me to stop trying so hard?! Dude, you're the one w 4 different threads (game thread aside) on the board and a cumulative average of 2.25 replies!? And u usually have that many going. U should stop throwing every piece of **** you can at the wall that u think people might be interested in and instead stop and think of something that actually matters to YOU. Then maybe you'd get some replies to your lame ass threads.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Nov 28, 2010 at 15:36.

  11. #41
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default flu game..

    Come to find out Felton had the flu today.

    What a gutsy effort from our PG. He still got 23 and 11!

    I still like 'eeem..
    Last edited by ronoranina; Nov 28, 2010 at 17:49.

  12. #42
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Felton is the fearless floor general that we've been missing in NY for a while. marbury was the last dont care what people say about him, he always gave his all.


    Felton is playing at a high level and doing it consistently even when he's having a bad game- what does that tell me? that he's the real deal. i havent been D'antoni's biggest fan but he is great at unleashing PG's. Duhon wasnt good at all but he had a nice stretch of games but since he isnt good he came back to earth feltons been doing this basically all year. he's the real deal. i like this dude a lot-no homo.

  13. #43
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    felton nash comprison? gatta be kidding, they lay totaly different. everyone here was crying for feton to do the pick n roll like nash, i would rathefelton do his own thing.

  14. #44
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    Felton is the fearless floor general that we've been missing in NY for a while. marbury was the last dont care what people say about him, he always gave his all.


    Felton is playing at a high level and doing it consistently even when he's having a bad game- what does that tell me? that he's the real deal. i havent been D'antoni's biggest fan but he is great at unleashing PG's. Duhon wasnt good at all but he had a nice stretch of games but since he isnt good he came back to earth feltons been doing this basically all year. he's the real deal. i like this dude a lot-no homo.
    Yes Marbury was very talented but he wasn't a pass-first PG and he was getting old. (Although he still was by far the best option)

  15. #45
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    felton nash comprison? gatta be kidding, they lay totaly different. everyone here was crying for feton to do the pick n roll like nash, i would rathefelton do his own thing.
    word i agree.

    and felton has been doing a pretty good job of that, he is who he is once he started playing his own game. he's very impressing dudes a fighter and exactly what we need

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks vs Lakers Summer League top plays
    By Big C in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2010, 20:20
  2. Knicks Won't Use Mobley In Trade
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Oct 15, 2009, 19:06
  3. Christianity in 30 Seconds
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 425
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2008, 16:15
  4. newspaper article request
    By NY all day BABY in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 28, 2004, 12:04
  5. Larry Brown about KVH
    By allan20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2003, 09:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •