Imagine...

Red

TYPE-A
If Landry Fields is in consideration for Rookie of the Year!

Yeah its a stretch, but imagine.

What does that say about Walsh?
Does this legitimize the higher expectations on MDA?

This dude is a baller! His size, atheleticism, IQ, savvy, and fearlessness make this late draft (2nd rnd) selection a certified draft steal.

Your thoughts... imagine.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
If they would factor in skill and production verse draft position Fields would run away with it. That said, Wall or Griffin are easily ahead of him for ROY.

Fields was a great coup by the Jedi Master, Obi Walsh Kinobi and I am so glad that he brought respectability back to our organization. Lets also remember that he picked up Mozgov who while raw is a legit 7 foot center who should have a solid career in the NBA. So yes, Walsh traded our 1st rounders to dump salary but the way Fields and Moz are playing/their potential they could have easily been lottery picks or top 20 at the very least.

mafra

Legend
Fields and Gallo could/might vindicate Walsh. If we get Melo, they should build a statue of Walsh outside MSG.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Landry fields is the s#!t.

He's the most consistent player on this team.

I had no idea he was going to be this good.

But now that I think about it, he played on the same team Brook Lopez played for, so it's not so surprising when I look at it now.

smokes

Huge Member
Yes you gotta give praise where its due. Walsh may have given away first rounders for "nothing" in some peoples eyes, but consider Toney Douglas and Landry Fields two of the best backcourt players to come out of the last two drafts and at ridiculously low picks. I might be missing someone but ranking the last 2 drafts backcourt would go something like this for me:

Tyreke Evans
Stephen Curry
Brandon Jennings
Darren Collison
Landry Fields
Toney Douglas

I agree Walsh would officially be the man if he landed Melo here but god please not with a trade. You know whatever happens that trade is going to involve giving them Fields/Chandler/Gallo and we should keep this team as intact as possible. We are finally starting to play as a cohesive unit and these guys are young and growing together, think of the chemistry this team is going to have come playoff time. I think we could make it through a round on heart and hustle alone.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
It's pretty much a 2 man race with Griffin and Wall.

But Landry Fields is top 5 and maybe next in line if he keeps playing this way for the rest of the season.

If he makes All-Rookie first team, I will be happy.

I'm eating my words right now, when we drafted him I said I wanted Stephenson instead. Boy was I wrong.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
he's currently 3rd in the nba.com rookie rankings, honestly though consistency and big points considered he'd get my RoY vote. his shot selection is smart as hell which is evident in his 56% field goal percentage thats ridiculous for a guard. sure he doesnt have the ball in his hands as much and isnt looked at to produce like Wall and Griffin are, but when we need a basket he provides it. hope he could get a few more fans among voters

Sage

Rotation player
I think regardless of draft position, Fields should be "in consideration" for rookie of the year. He's been starting and contributing to the success of the club, that's a big deal.

Having said that, he's up against two number 1 picks, plus other lottery picks. He won't win it, but he's earned his place in the conversation.

petescud

Starter
Wall and Griffin are beast so if Landry finished even in the top 5, thats awesome. I also think he has amazing upside to his game. Wish it was 2 years from now to see where he is at ...... He has the entire package mentally. Even for Dantoni to start a rookie speaks volumes for LF

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's pretty much a 2 man race with Griffin and Wall.

But Landry Fields is top 5 and maybe next in line if he keeps playing this way for the rest of the season.

If he makes All-Rookie first team, I will be happy.

I'm eating my words right now, when we drafted him I said I wanted Stephenson instead. Boy was I wrong.

All rookie first is in the bag at this rate. He's 3rd in rookie rankings with the second highest RPG.

What a legend.

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Walsh draft Rautins before Fields? He's not that brilliant. Mind you I guess you could argue that Walsh knew he had consecutive picks.