View Poll Results: Do you approve of Mike D'Antoni?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this 5 game winning streak over lottery teams has me convinced.

3 7.89%
  • Yes, but the Knicks will have to keep winning, before I join the D'Antoni bandwagon.

7 18.42%
  • No, he sucks. He will be thrown in a dumpster(fired), after this year.

27 71.05%
  • I don't know.

1 2.63%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Official Mike D'Antoni Sucks Thread

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by pat
    Dude, you are to predictable. You keep quite on a winning streak and start throwing ish at our players and coach once we lose three games in a row. This might come as news to you, but this is a young team and those tend to be streaky.
    How on earth could that be strike one? Did you really expect us to go from one of the worst teams in the league whose only aim it was to shed salary to championship contender and ice cold killers within one year by adding one allstar, one solid point guard, a second round draft pick, two role players (of whom one has yet to play) and a project.
    If that is so, I would like to have some of the stuff you are smoking, because surely, it must feel very nice to have such an optimist outlook on basketball and life in general. One the other hand all the hatred for Dantoni burning inside you must be really painful. So as you can see, I am in a bit of an ethical pickle here: should I envy or pity you?
    Keep obsessing over Antoni. UR just mad, cause he's getting exposed.

I don't hate D'Antoni; I don't know where you got that from.

This is basketball.

I don't know what type of person D'Antoni is. He doesn't seem like a good person, judging from the way he treated Nate Robinson, Jordan Hill, Larry Hughes, etc. But maybe he just made a mistake, and he's a nice person off the court.

I just don't want him coaching the Knicks, because he doesn't stress defense, and his system is a failure.

He had 4 All Stars his entire time in Phoenix and couldn't even make it passed a Mavericks team that got knocked out by the Warriors and Hornets. Enuff said about Antoni.
    Last edited by abcd; Dec 19, 2010 at 22:19.

Default Antoni!

Originally Posted by abcd

This is basketball.

I don't know what type of person D'Antoni is. He doesn't seem like a good person, judging from the way he treated Nate Robinson, Jordan Hill, Larry Hughes, etc. But maybe he just made a mistake, and he's a nice person off the court.

I just don't want him coaching the Knicks, because he doesn't stress defense, and his system is a failure.

He had 4 All Stars his entire time in Phoenix and couldn't even make it passed a Mavericks team that got knocked out by the Warriors and Hornets. Enuff said about Antoni.
    Don't forget, there's no D' in Antoni.

This is basketball.

He had 4 All Stars his entire time in Phoenix and couldn't even make it passed a Mavericks team that got knocked out by the Warriors. Enuff said about Antoni.
    While i may not like D'Antoni a whole lot, your blind hatred of the man is obvious and a little repulsing. I agree that his preference for players can be annoying in that he overrates shooting (Gallo) and underrates solid defenders to low. As a consequence of his taste and not his actual defensive coaching, the Knicks are a crappy defensive team. Its not his scheme but rather his personel. You can't expect STAT and Wilson to Dominate the boards and Gallisofti to guard Lebron James. Thats not just D'antoni's fault but Donnie's fault as well.

Side note: Nate was a headcase, Jordan Hill is TEARING IT UP in his garbage time minutes for a horrible Rockets team, and I don't even know if Larry Hughes has touched a basketball this season, so you can't knock D'Antoni for that.

The problem in the argument your making is your timing. Does the term "fair-weather fan" mean anything to you? I have been here pointing out problems x,y and z throughout the season through good times and bad. You only post this crap when the Knicks are losing yet miraculously are nowhere to be found in the middle of a 8 game winning streak. I would give you the "captain obvious" award, but sadly I cannot because what you are saying is simply overblown and one sided.

I preface all this with the fact that I am not a D'Antoni fan and a huge Gallo "hater." While D'antoni is no defensive wiz and perhaps does not light the fire under his players that a Doc Rivers or Jerry Sloan does he has some accomplishments over this season.

1. Raymond Felton and Amar'e are playing some of the best basketball of their careers. STAT is a legit MVP candidate and you could mae a strong case for Felton's inclusion into the All-Star game this season.

2. He has done a reasonable job with a young group of players. Fields Gallo and Chandler the other 3 in the starting lineup have little experience and for that matter have never really been part of a winning NBA team. In fact the starting of Fields is a direct contradiction to the notion that he doesn't like rookies. He also has Toney Douglas as his 6th man, so again hes not working with a whole lot here.

3. Speaking of Toney D., we have major depth issues. A lot of people on here bitching and moaning about D'Anotni not playing Randolph, Mozgov and co. The Knicks HAVE NO DEPTH. After Douglas your looking at an injured Azibuike,
    a nicked up Turiaf and a useless group includin Mozgov and Randolph. Every time D'Antoni gives Felt or STAT a breather we give up 6 or 8 points in a matter of 2-3 minutes. Consequently when your starters are logging 40+ minutes a night every night your going to lose your 3rd game in 4 nights no matter who your playing.

4. The Knicks are above .500 for now, something that hasn;t been accomplished in roughly a decade. If you want to rate him based on two previous seasons I can't argue stupidity.

5. The Knicks finally have an identity and some chemistry going on. Yet nobody expected them to beat the Celtics or Heat and while not excusable losing to the Cavs is understandable for the reasons I have already stated. The Knicks are headed i the right direction, they are relevant for the firs time in 10 years and have a great cap situation a plethora of prospects and assets.

This is a team in transition and people with extremely optimistic and pessimistic views need not waste everybody else's time proclaiming we are "contenders with Melo" or "We suck." We are in between but the glass is certainly half full not empty.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    While i may not like D'Antoni a whole lot, your blind hatred of the man is obvious and a little repulsing. I agree that his preference for players can be annoying in that he overrates shooting (Gallo) and underrates solid defenders to low. As a consequence of his taste and not his actual defensive coaching, the Knicks are a crappy defensive team. Its not his scheme but rather his personel. You can't expect STAT and Wilson to Dominate the boards and Gallisofti to guard Lebron James. Thats not just D'antoni's fault but Donnie's fault as well.
    I do not hate D'Antoni. I don't know why people think I hate him.

I'm judging him as a coach, not as a person.

As for Nate Robinson, where's the proof that he's a head case?

Doc Rivers has no complaints. And if Robinson was such a head case, why did Boston keep him?

D'Antoni publicly said he doesn't play bad rookies, when referring to Hill.

Hughes sucks, but it was uncalled for for D'Antoni to publicly say "well, he thinks he can help the team, I don't" while snickering and laughing at the media.

As for me being quiet over the Knicks winning streak, that is total B.S.

I posted on about 5 of the game threads, giving support to the Knicks.

Just because I don't like D'Antoni as a coach, doesn't mean I don't like the players on the team.

That's what people don't get.

You don't have to support a coach to support a team.

Many people didn't like Isiah Thomas when he coached the team, but they still supported the Knicks.

I don't support D'Antoni, but I support the Knicks. That's my right.

The Knicks were 3rd place in the East, in the 2004-2005 season, and they missed the playoffs.

This is not the first time the Knicks have had a false good start.

Veteran

letting Lebrons role players beat us and be another (POOR) team to put up more than 100 ponts on us is saying alot about his coaching ability. He made some hugh adjustments early in the season with all those crazy 3point shots, but his defense has always been crappy. This coach needs a roster of All stars to be a true winning coach. He depends on scoring a lot of points to over shadow his lack of ability to coach Defense. This is going to be a Tough and telling month of B-Ball for the coach...the team...and the fans.

I do not agree with this thread one bit.

But in fairness ABCD is right. He is a Knicks fan first, D'antoni hater 2nd.

But Kiyaman seems to be a D'antoni hater 1st lol.

Let's agree on you hating him as a coach. And as far as I can remember, in another thread you posted that you will wait and see whether the team is going to make the playoffs. Under which circumstances whatsoever. You didn't. Let's face it nobody is objective. We are all biased one way or the other. The only thing which I find annoying is posters believing they have exclusive access to truth as such. Your replies in this thread I found quite refreshingly different, but if multiple posters get the impression that you hate D'Antoni, there might be something in your posts saying "I hate D'Antoni". But let's not get into meta-discussions again.

I just think that we have got a young, relatively cheap, streaky, average team right now. This MIGHT be enough to reach the playoffs this year. Is it what I dream of as a fan? No. Is it better than the last decade? Yes. Is it a step into the right direction? Yes. Your point might be that we are climbing up the wrong ladder. We are up, but the ladder eventually turn out to be too short. Fair enough, but I beg to differ.

I still say if D'antoni Does that become defensive minded we still will have major problems That outscoring each team dosen't work in the east.

The knicks were always known for their Defense, And now we are one of the worse. Let's face The obvious We are not Good defensively I'm watching the Mavericks and heat and Their defense is Pretty good. If D'antoni keeps thinking that outshooting is going to make us a Contender he's Sadly mistaken. We could get Good players, But if he continues to not coach Defense, Teams are going to keep scoring in the paint against us.
    We leave Good players wide open for Jump shots.
    There's nothing Too exciting about Getting outscored in The Fourth Quarter.
    I would like to feel That This team is Good Enough to Keep a Lead for once.

Please Let The knicks become very good in 1 or 2 years

As for Nate Robinson, where's the proof that he's a head case?

Doc Rivers has no complaints. And if Robinson was such a head case, why did Boston keep him?

D'Antoni publicly said he doesn't play bad rookies, when referring to Hill.

Hughes sucks, but it was uncalled for for D'Antoni to publicly say "well, he thinks he can help the team, I don't" while snickering and laughing at the media.

As for me being quiet over the Knicks winning streak, that is total B.S.

I posted on about 5 of the game threads, giving support to the Knicks.

Just because I don't like D'Antoni as a coach, doesn't mean I don't like the players on the team.

That's what people don't get.

You don't have to support a coach to support a team.

Many people didn't like Isiah Thomas when he coached the team, but they still supported the Knicks.

I don't support D'Antoni, but I support the Knicks. That's my right.

The Knicks were 3rd place in the East, in the 2004-2005 season, and they missed the playoffs.

This is not the first time the Knicks have had a false good start.
    smh @ you even having to explain yourself to these faggits....c/s everything you said.

And i never really understood Nates "antics", he mighta made a few mistakes sometimes like when he shot on the wrong basket but when you got a team full of losers, Nate was one of the only players that while being inconsistent, his effort was always there. He was one of the hardest working players we had and always gave 110% on the court.

If Antoni had simply tried communicating to these guys and saying that hes gonna try different things, your gettin benched for a little while, just keep working out hard and you might get another shot in the rotation....thats all he had to say.

And the irony of bleedfaggit calling anyone a blind hater

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    smh @ you even having to explain yourself to these faggits....c/s everything you said.

And i never really understood Nates "antics", he mighta made a few mistakes sometimes like when he shot on the wrong basket but when you got a team full of losers, Nate was one of the only players that while being inconsistent, his effort was always there. He was one of the hardest working players we had and always gave 110% on the court.

If Antoni had simply tried communicating to these guys and saying that hes gonna try different things, your gettin benched for a little while, just keep working out hard and you might get another shot in the rotation....thats all he had to say.

And the irony of bleedfaggit calling anyone a blind hater
    Quit defending your boyfriend, it makes you look pretty gay...lol Hows about you get off my nuts and ABCD's and Metro's while your at it punk bitch...lol I have straight up murdered you and your weak crew single handedly, I got nothing else to prove you posers have been exposed!

P.S. I no longer wish to address the lower dregs of this site my little Connecticut G. Go pester somebody else as I no longer have the time for these pointless internet squabbles. So straight up keep my name out your mouth and I will do the same. Thanks
    Last edited by BleedOrange&Blue; Dec 20, 2010 at 21:17.

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    Quit defending your boyfriend, it makes you look pretty gay...lol Hows about you get off my nuts and ABCD's and Metro's while your at it punk bitch...lol I have straight up murdered you and your weak crew single handedly, I got nothing else to prove you posers have been exposed!

P.S. I no longer wish to address the lower dregs of this site my little Connecticut G. Go pester somebody else as I no longer have the time for these pointless internet squabbles. So straight up keep my name out your mouth and I will do the same. Thanks
    i would make an effort to somehow find a way to insult you everytime i post but that would only help your reputation and make you known on here. As of right now only a couple posters know of you, nobody likes you

This is the Noah's Ark of KOL. ABCD warned us of impending doom, and he was laughed at and his thread rated two stars. This is now a classic, and the 'Anotnisexuals are hiding out..

MDA has invented a new style of defense where help defense is a foreign concept. It's called Iso-D.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    This is the Noah's Ark of KOL. ABCD warned us of impending doom, and he was laughed at and his thread rated two stars. This is now a classic, and the 'Anotnisexuals are hiding out..
    Haha people were calling for D'antoni to be fired on this forum 2 years before this thread was created... Funny that even when he's not around you're still here to ride abcd's dick though I'm sure he appreciates it

Angry??????????