View Poll Results: Do you approve of Mike D'Antoni?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this 5 game winning streak over lottery teams has me convinced.

3 7.89%
  • Yes, but the Knicks will have to keep winning, before I join the D'Antoni bandwagon.

7 18.42%
  • No, he sucks. He will be thrown in a dumpster(fired), after this year.

27 71.05%
  • I don't know.

1 2.63%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Official Mike D'Antoni Sucks Thread

Bump..............

Superstar

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

not that jerry stackhouse is an amazing talent or anything. It just points out that D'Antoni is stubborn and won't change his ways, cuz that's not his personality.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    This is the Noah's Ark of KOL. ABCD warned us of impending doom, and he was laughed at and his thread rated two stars. This is now a classic, and the 'Anotnisexuals are hiding out..

Spoke to soon. Winning record, team firing on all cylinders, 7 game win streak and momentum. If that's doom then sign me up!

Veteran

^^ Indeed.

N actually, G

Majority of whom supported and stuck by both Gallo and D'antoni and didn't let emotion cloud their bball sense,

Have been the most consistently active and vocal posters this entire season.

Maybe just me, but could swear the post count of quite a few posters who drank the Gallo and Coach D'antoni haterade have been taking a lotta naps and hibernating most of the yr.

Eh papi?

Ready for the magnum opus of bumped threads soon; the ownage I inflicted in bumping a few kiyaman/red/abcd/jimchief threads earlier in yr was an appetizer to the main course of ether that's been biding its time ever since some decided to take the easy route of group-think hate on Gallo-D'ant duo.

If we're beating Boston in the first round, everybody will jump on D'Ants dick

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    ^^ Indeed.

N actually, G

Majority of whom supported and stuck by both Gallo and D'antoni and didn't let emotion cloud their bball sense,

Have been the most consistently active and vocal posters this entire season.

Maybe just me, but could swear the post count of quite a few posters who drank the Gallo and Coach D'antoni haterade have been taking a lotta naps and hibernating most of the yr.

Eh papi?

Ready for the magnum opus of bumped threads soon; the ownage I inflicted in bumping a few kiyaman/red/abcd/jimchief threads earlier in yr was an appetizer to the main course of ether that's been biding its time ever since some decided to take the easy route of group-think hate on Gallo-D'ant duo.

They will inevitably blame MDA unless we get a ring so don't be surprised when the spin continues.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    They will inevitably blame MDA unless we get a ring so don't be surprised when the spin continues.
    Yeah that's the way it is....not a fan of D'Antoni, but some of the allegations against him are pure BS. We've been playing really well lately, if that continues throughout the playoffs, I'll be happy with our season. We still need a true center to think about the Finals, not much D'Antoni can do about that.

Veteran

No doubt. Multiple rings, prolly.

But you can keep smashing them for all the battles they lose. Unfort, it's a never ending war bc they simply move the goal post again...

I'm still not totally convinced, I would like to see him hold players accountable, do less politicking with the refs and more coaching, and realize that his rotations should be more fluid, right now they're set in stone and if a player is on fire and lighting it up...he gets his regular rest regardless. We started to give away a few leads at the Garden in the 4th because Melo was sitting on the bench with 25% of the team's points and about 90% of it's defensive hustle. Sometimes you gotta say "**** regular rest, go get 'em champ." Those leads will evaporate in an instant if he doesn't adjust to the game he's coaching in the playoffs.

And he absolutely has to reign the players in a little bit in the 4th. We don't want to use his system that's based on creating extra shots, late in the game...it just doesn't make sense. Early shots, late in the game, with a lead, will lose you a game more often than it'll win one. Too often we play with the lead in the 4th like we're trailing in the 2nd...it's ugly sometimes. Obviously the defense is picking up a little, but I'll reserve judgement on that one until I see what STAT does on Tuesday.

And I don't want to live or die by the 3 anymore. I just don't...those teams haven't won many championships and I'm not up for reinventing the wheel, bucking the trend, or any other cliche out there. I'm not saying that a chip can't be won like that....but let some other team try it.

I'm not hating on the man, but I'm also not gonna fall in love with his style because we won 7 in a row...we won 8 in a row earlier in the season...it doesn't mean anything. If wins and losses during the regular season were indicative of anything then the Cavs would have been back to back champs and the Mavs and Suns would be rocking championship banners as well. But how you win an lose those games speak louder than the box score.

Last night's win and the win vs Orlando were, in my opinion, the two most impressive in this winning streak. Yea I felt good leaving the Garden after the Cavs, Nets, and Raptors games with a W but at the same time Amar'e looked like defense was optional, MDA never got on him about it, and we gave up over 115 points in 2 of the 3, over 105 in all 3. Why is that good enough for us? Are we to not expect better? You don't have to be a defensive juggernaut to not give up 116 to the Nets and 118 to the Raptors.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I'm still not totally convinced, I would like to see him hold players accountable, do less politicking with the refs and more coaching, and realize that his rotations should be more fluid, right now they're set in stone and if a player is on fire and lighting it up...he gets his regular rest regardless. We started to give away a few leads at the Garden in the 4th because Melo was sitting on the bench with 25% of the team's points and about 90% of it's defensive hustle. Sometimes you gotta say "**** regular rest, go get 'em champ." Those leads will evaporate in an instant if he doesn't adjust to the game he's coaching in the playoffs.

And he absolutely has to reign the players in a little bit in the 4th. We don't want to use his system that's based on creating extra shots, late in the game...it just doesn't make sense. Early shots, late in the game, with a lead, will lose you a game more often than it'll win one. Too often we play with the lead in the 4th like we're trailing in the 2nd...it's ugly sometimes. Obviously the defense is picking up a little, but I'll reserve judgement on that one until I see what STAT does on Tuesday.

And I don't want to live or die by the 3 anymore. I just don't...those teams haven't won many championships and I'm not up for reinventing the wheel, bucking the trend, or any other cliche out there. I'm not saying that a chip can't be won like that....but let some other team try it.

I'm not hating on the man, but I'm also not gonna fall in love with his style because we won 7 in a row...we won 8 in a row earlier in the season...it doesn't mean anything. If wins and losses during the regular season were indicative of anything then the Cavs would have been back to back champs and the Mavs and Suns would be rocking championship banners as well. But how you win an lose those games speak louder than the box score.

Last night's win and the win vs Orlando were, in my opinion, the two most impressive in this winning streak. Yea I felt good leaving the Garden after the Cavs, Nets, and Raptors games with a W but at the same time Amar'e looked like defense was optional, MDA never got on him about it, and we gave up over 115 points in 2 of the 3, over 105 in all 3. Why is that good enough for us? Are we to not expect better? You don't have to be a defensive juggernaut to not give up 116 to the Nets and 118 to the Raptors.
    I agree he needs to stop all the 3's especially late in the 4th because if they miss we can shoot our self out of the game. That said, our defense is much improved, the team has bought in and we look dangerous. Lets not forget we just beat another playoff team with out Amare. MDA has faults as any coach does and we all know that but it appears he is at least trying to address them. I think it's very savvy to recognize that with Melo and Amare our team has the luxury now to concentrate on defense since the offense will naturally be there. Further I look at his rotations as of late and have to conclude he has taking note of the criticisms since he has expanded it.

I agree he needs to stop all the 3's especially late in the 4th because if they miss we can shoot our self out of the game. That said, our defense is much improved, the team has bought in and we look dangerous. Lets not forget we just beat another playoff team with out Amare. MDA has faults as any coach does and we all know that but it appears he is at least trying to address them. I think it's very savvy to recognize that with Melo and Amare our team has the luxury now to concentrate on defense since the offense will naturally be there. Further I look at his rotations as of late and have to conclude he has taking note of the criticisms since he has expanded it.
    Yea he's said he's expanding the rotation now to see what the bench players bring to the table and to decide who he's gonna use in the playoffs, we'll see what happens come playoff time.

You're absolutely right about the offense and that's why I was saying from the beginning that he needs to adapt his style/coaching to the players as opposed to the making the players conform to his system...you never take away what makes a player the player that he is, and that's what was happening early on with Melo.

As far as the defense goes, there is more attention on it (I think by media, fans, and the players alike) but there are still some flaws in how the players are executing it. That's not to say that MDA isn't stressing it when it comes to actually playing D, it's not to say that the players aren't giving the effort, but it's how sound the execution is and is it leading to the results we want. 100% effort =/= proper execution. We'll start the D well on the perimeter (like Chauncey did last night) and then won't execute on the back end and end up giving up the shot that we didn't want to(see the Pacers beasting on us in the paint) that happens over and over again, and suddenly you're playing catch up or trying to hold off a subpar team. I don't care that the Pacers are a playoff team...the Raptors aren't and Amir Johnson, Derozan, and Davis got similar shots in the paint to Tyler, Hibbert, and George last night. Amar'e played in one game, didn't play in the other, so the blame can't be put on him for that one. I guess I'll give Hibbert an asterisk since he's 7'2'' and has an advantage, but that doesn't excuse people losing their man on D and giving him prime position. That's the D I'm looking for, that's the D that leads to a solid scoring defense and opponents FG%, which are vital to a contending team....not blocked shots...blocks and steals are nice, but those are singular plays over the course of a game. Holding an opponent to a low FG% is game long.

So we'll see if MDA is the guy to bring all of these aspects together on a consistent basis. It's nothing personal against the man, just constructive criticism.

Also, he needs to find a way to get more hard practices in. That's how the Bulls practiced all year, tough practices all season long and they're better for it now...the way they're getting rest is reducing practices for the remainder of the season...not by benching their starters. If that means less run and gun and more conventional half court with some transition thrown in...then fine...it'll be less "exciting" for non-Knicks fans, but it'll be devastating on the opposing team.

As far as MDA's improvement it has been marked since the Melo trade.

I think now he has been forced to change, instead of begrudgingly changing things just the bare minimum to make things work he's actually addressing most of the things that he has been abused for.

However, if we lose a playoff game because he refuses to take a time-out or forgets a foul to give or lets a team drill a 3 on us when we can foul them, those basic fundamental coaching mistakes.... Those are the things that REALLY get to me (and haven't seen any indication of him smartening up here).

Superstar

Originally Posted by smokes
    As far as MDA's improvement it has been marked since the Melo trade.

I think now he has been forced to change, instead of begrudgingly changing things just the bare minimum to make things work he's actually addressing most of the things that he has been abused for.

However, if we lose a playoff game because he refuses to take a time-out or forgets a foul to give or lets a team drill a 3 on us when we can foul them, those basic fundamental coaching mistakes.... Those are the things that REALLY get to me (and haven't seen any indication of him smartening up here).
    Agreed. We've gotten better. MDA has shown improvements (more than I thought was possible). Defense still has lapses, but we are better. I still think we need another coach or a pure defensive minded assistant coach if we are going to stand a chance next year at making a splash in the playoffs.

Mike D' Antoni has to go regardless By next season. It would have to take them making the 2nd round for me to change my mind. And I don't see that happening.
    I'm sick of his obsession with Jared Jefferies who stinks ! We will never win against top defensive teams with mike's style, remember this next year When we finally realize what a waste of time this coach is. Do we realize that Coach thibs has not loss more than 2 straight with the bulls.
    While we have two or three consecutive 6 games losing streaks.
    Great coaches don't allow for their team to have that many losses over and over.

Originally Posted by MusketeerX
    Agreed. We've gotten better. MDA has shown improvements (more than I thought was possible). Defense still has lapses, but we are better. I still think we need another coach or a pure defensive minded assistant coach if we are going to stand a chance next year at making a splash in the playoffs.
    We should get Mike Brown.