Benchwarmer
Orlly.

Fields. (starter. Rookie)
Douglas. (young and inconsistent)
Walker. (young and inconsistent)
Moz. (starter. Rookie)
Gallo.

*not to mention the young Suns players he played and transformed

AR -- monumental headcase who looks like he cries on the court when he doesn't do perfect, and rode the pine in GSW, as well; and is now in a new, dynamic system.

But must be that D'antoni just never likes to play or grow young guys unless you're his nephew(?)

If anything, not throwing him into the fire on the court AND in the media would be in line with actually caring for Randolph, recognizing his future, and wanting to protect his game by not letting his already fractured self get even more confused and beaten down this season.

Please don't compare any of our young players to Anthony Randolph. His skill set is off the charts. Conversely Fields is the smartest of the young bunch, but he would never make the impact that AR could make if developed the right way. Douglas is praised for his defense, I'm sorry but I don't see it. As for his offense, lets not go there. As for Gallinari, I said it many times he needs to be sent to Europe for 4 years or D-League.

What young players did DA develop in Phoenix? Who traded all of their 1st and 2nd Round Picks in his tenure: 2004 Luol Deng, 2005 Nate Robinson, 2006 Rajon Rondo, Sergio Rodriguez, 2007 Rudy Ferndandez.

mafra

Legend
Disappointing to lose yet another home game, and even more disappointing that the team came out flat after having a few days off.

I guess being eager to get above .500, finally beat a good team and keeping the mojo rolling was negated b/c these bums had to drags their butts out of bed for an early game.

Still, you can live with this loss IF they come out tomorrow afternoon and pick up a win. 9-9.

Gallo and Turiaf are clearly the keys to this team. Both need to play, and play well, or we almost have no chance to win. We need 12+ points from Gallo and we need Turiaf to be on the floor 20+ minutes.

Chandler normally has little impact on this team, in terms of being option #3 to carry team to a victory.

This is why Knicks need to find another Turiaf type player. HIgh energy big, who can block shots, clog paint and do those little things. NO need for Williams on this team.

AND, like I said before, we need another C. Mozgov not ready and Turiaf too fragile to play 20+ minutes a night. If we ride RT too much he'll be lost to a knee injury or something.

As for Gallo? Felton has to find ways to get him going. His duty as PG.

BAd loss. Will it end here?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I think it's a PG issue. But it's up to D'Antoni to remove the PG and talk to him, before inserting him back into the lineup. Felton's focusing more on his offense: took 16 shots today, than he is on setting guys up.

We need Felt to score, but he has to keep it balanced. Because, although his O game was great, he didn't get enough guys involved.

I think that's why TD and Gallo might have had poor games. They might have stunk even with more attempts, but we will never know, since Felt didn't cough up the rock.

Last edited:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
For the game (for both teams), the only player that took more shots than Felton was Crawford, with 18 shots.

Felton took the most shots for our team, one more than Stat.

SMH.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It's games like this where I miss Nate. Fearless scorer.

On a bright side, even though we were down, we tried to get back into by not relying on the three.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
For the game (for both teams), the only player that took more shots than Felton was Crawford, with 18 shots.

Felton took the most shots for our team, one more than Stat.

SMH.

Not a good sign. I still believe in Felton for this year. He has been putting up great numbers, I believe he can improve.

KBlack25

Starter
I think it's a PG issue. But it's up to D'Antoni to remove the PG and talk to him, before inserting him back into the lineup. Felton's focusing more on his offense: took 16 shots today, than he is on setting guys up.

We need Felt to score, but he has to keep it balanced. Because, although his O game was great, he didn't get enough guys involved.

I think that's why TD and Gallo might have had poor games. They might have stunk even with more attempts, but we will never know, since Felt didn't cough up the rock.

I agree.

It's hard to hate on Felton, who put up good numbers. But he missed Gallo in the post guarded by Mike Bibby(!) and settled for his own jumper. At the same time, he wasn't the only one.

When Bill WAlker is settling for outside shots, nobody is cutting or moving after making a pass, that's a recipe for disaster. Gallo had a height advantage, but difficult for him to exploit it when he doesn't get the ball. I like the way Felton has played to date, and he was integral in us coming closer in the fourth quarter before it slipped away for good...

I just want to see Felton become more of a distributor. He isn't a bad passer, and overall isn't a bad player...but he needs to feed the ball around more. That's what a PG is supposed to do.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Horrible to watch and so inconsistent with our recent form. Flat as a tac. That was not a team game in many instances.

iSaYughh

Starter
We need Chris Paul more than we need Carmello Anthony !!

Yes. But that's like sayign we need MJ more than Malone. We need both. Badly. Let's not get too hung up on CP3 and lose sight of how big Melo would be.

Who, btw, nailed a last second game winning contested jumper yesterday.

Melo would make Felton better. Part of the reason a guy like Walker is even able to get big looks like yesterday, and make dumbass decisions and try to orchestrate shit, is because we lack a dominant, It's Me Bitches scorer.

Melo would put our soldiers in line, and make Felton's job easier.

Of course, CP3 is *the* guy to make your entire team better. But Melo would really have a similiar effect (even if not as huge as CP3's in this area, it'd be a pretty substantial part of what he brings to our table, too)