Look at what Chris Paul is doing in New Orleans..

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

Did I say it's not possible? No, I didn't. I said - 'Who trades MVP candidates without an expiring contract?' Which means: Why would any team possibly want to trade an NBA top 10 talent still under contract for 3 years?

Clarified for your edification.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
^

Did I say it's not possible? No, I didn't. I said - 'Who trades MVP candidates without an expiring contract?' Which means: Why would any team possibly want to trade an NBA top 10 talent still under contract for 3 years?

Clarified for your edification.

See the above response to Knicksrulzeh2o..

Lol, you're just being a douche now. You're such a pest Crazy8's.

petescud

Starter
6 months ago I would had disagreed. Today, i couldn't agree more. CP3 is the best there is. We'd be like a 13-5 team with him right now. But I am starting to dig Felton lately. I think CP3 may be a pipe dream for us. I wish too though

iSaYughh

Starter
If it was in the wrong section they'd of moved it by now..

And can you please explain why you can't move a player like Paul w out Oke.., if that's what you meant?

The problem is just HOW good CP3 is!

NO has a sick record right now, they are on the up n up. They will want to try to contend for as long as they can have Paul. Their fan base, and business side of things, would implode IMO if they didn't. When they have a record this good, and are getting as hyped as they are.

Re: Oke, he is a quality bigman, but he's still overpaid, ya know, and has a fat contract. It's not that he's so overpaid it's a heinous thing to have, but in this situation we are asking NO to basically remove a MVP-piece, who is or could lead them to the playoffs right away and even contend....They may just want to go all out in this way, and rebuild.

Losing CP3 IS such a big thing; having him is such a big thing. If they remove him, think of how bad they are. Okefor, even as a quality bigman, with his contract, wouldn't fit them, really.

Oke and his dollars should prolly go to a team that can tie themselves up with his cap for a few years, overpay a little, but who need a legit starting C upgrade to try to pick them over the top to contend.

It's all about that magical contending window, or the perception of it. I don't think it plays into our hands with CP3 -- unless we take on Oke (which honestly isn't the worst move since we need a legit C so badly).

Theoretically, CP3 and Oke is prime for us right now. If we sign someone like M.Gasol this OS, then us getting CP3 becomes more remote. Or when Curry expires....We also just lack the flexibility to trade a lotta 1sts due to Isiah's continued butchery, and the Jeffrie's deal trying to clean it up.

I'd be all over CP3 *AND* Okefor. Having Oke in this case wouldn't be a total beat, and it'd make getting CP3 a lot easier or less costly in terms of players. Which is what we'd want, since we'd be going for the kill to start winning big right away.

metrocard

Legend
If the opportunity comes, I'm trading everyone except Gallo and Amare.

Gallo and Amare is probably better than everyone on NO that isn't Paul.

Package Felton, Randolph, Chandler and some picks and you got a deal.

Paul is the best PG in the NBA and anyone who thought or thinks it was Rondo or Williams were morons. He's been the best PG in the NBA for already 4 years. No question. But I don't see him getting traded. He's loyal to NO and NO is loyal to him.

Paul is so good he doesn't need a superstar to play with.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The problem is just HOW good CP3 is!

NO has a sick record right now, they are on the up n up. They will want to try to contend for as long as they can have Paul. Their fan base, and business side of things, would implode IMO if they didn't. When they have a record this good, and are getting as hyped as they are.

Re: Oke, he is a quality bigman, but he's still overpaid, ya know, and has a fat contract. It's not that he's so overpaid it's a heinous thing to have, but in this situation we are asking NO to basically remove a MVP-piece, who is or could lead them to the playoffs right away and even contend....They may just want to go all out in this way, and rebuild.

Losing CP3 IS such a big thing; having him is such a big thing. If they remove him, think of how bad they are. Okefor, even as a quality bigman, with his contract, wouldn't fit them, really.

Oke and his dollars should prolly go to a team that can tie themselves up with his cap for a few years, overpay a little, but who need a legit starting C upgrade to try to pick them over the top to contend.

It's all about that magical contending window, or the perception of it. I don't think it plays into our hands with CP3 -- unless we take on Oke (which honestly isn't the worst move since we need a legit C so badly).

Theoretically, CP3 and Oke is prime for us right now. If we sign someone like M.Gasol this OS, then us getting CP3 becomes more remote. Or when Curry expires....We also just lack the flexibility to trade a lotta 1sts due to Isiah's continued butchery, and the Jeffrie's deal trying to clean it up.

I'd be all over CP3 *AND* Okefor. Having Oke in this case wouldn't be a total beat, and it'd make getting CP3 a lot easier or less costly in terms of players. Which is what we'd want, since we'd be going for the kill to start winning big right away.

I hear you in my mind but my heart says there's a way.. Oh well, nothing wrong w dreaming.:boohoo:

If the opportunity comes, I'm trading everyone except Gallo and Amare.

Gallo and Amare is probably better than everyone on NO that isn't Paul.

Package Felton, Randolph, Chandler and some picks and you got a deal.

Paul is the best PG in the NBA and anyone who thought or thinks it was Rondo or Williams were morons. He's been the best PG in the NBA for already 4 years. No question. But I don't see him getting traded. He's loyal to NO and NO is loyal to him.

Paul is so good he doesn't need a superstar to play with.

I like what you're sellin' as usual. However, I think the loyalty comes secondary to a legit shot at a title. W Amare he'd have that shot, even w/out Melo.