Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate to even bring this guy back up....

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    That's a quality trade. One reason it likely doesn't happen in the NBA lol, but ya, that's actually an excellent trade.

MIA still says no 10/10 times. HOU would gobble it up 7ways to Sunday.

There's too much tied into The Big Three. And not nearly enough time or fail has come to make Reilly blow up what's one of the more monumental and high profile sport's franchise power plays. All tied to those three, playing with each other, coming together.

Riley's masterpiece is those three playing together. You don't finally paint your Mona Lisa then sell it off because you didn't get top dollar for it on it's first evaluation.

Time to play together and no depth were the two major caveats all along.

Riley will give it time and give it time when their two most major depth/bench pieces aren't out (Miller/Haslem), before he seriously considers a move.

MIA would also need to fail badly in the playoffs.

Also, Bosh isn't the real prob for MIA, or even depth, especially with Miller and Haslem in wings.

Wade and Bron have been co-existing horribly, and their ability to co-exist and dominant in tandem was MIA's linchpin. And that's the relationship that could turn real poisonous and blunt MIA's plan.
    Listen to the latest Bill Simmons podcast from ESPN...great, poignant stuff on the LeBron situation. I bet if this team continues to struggle and struggles next year we start hearing Bosh rumors...

It's tough to trade Wade and sell it (it's Wade County, his team after all)

It's tough to trade James, probably a top 3 player in the NBA right now even with the struggles.

That leaves Bosh, or as I know him, Jermaine O'Neal 2.0.

No way. Riley would never trade Wade. That'd be like him trading Magic. He loves Wade.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

lebrons a little bitch, he can go **** himself before i want him on our team. he gotta suck it up and stop complaining to the media this is what you wanted now stfu and play basketball. do what you guys said you would and win a ring ( if you can ). you made a decision live with it

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    None of them will be traded anytime soon. Let them rot over there in Miami with the worst fans in the NBA.

Sign Melo in the offseason and beat Miami in the playoffs every year.

And all of the Knick fans that wanted to gut the team for Melo now should look closely at Miami. Depth, role players and a strong bench are just as important as having stars. We wait a year and sign Melo this summer and compete for a championship next year.
    While I certainly agree with the need to build a team and not just assemble talent. We would not be gutting our team if we sent Gallo, Randolph and some draft picks for Melo. Melo would take Gallo's place and Randolph can't make the rotation despite numerous injuries and two overtimes. If anything we gain an additonal roster spot to sign another player who can actually help us. While I am fine with signing Melo at the end of the year and keeping our pieces, people over-exaggerate when they say "gut the team" for Melo and comparing that to what miami id is far-fetched.

Miami is truly unique, never done before experiment where a team was built completely through free agency. All of its talent is consolidated in its first three players and the rest are all taking pay cuts or taking the minimum. The Knicks have a core of players and adding Melo would compliment the games of Felton and STAT quite nicely. Maybe I'm just not high on Gallo and especially Randolph but I would definitely cut em lose to get Melo now and begin building chemistry now.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Listen to the latest Bill Simmons podcast from ESPN...great, poignant stuff on the LeBron situation. I bet if this team continues to struggle and struggles next year we start hearing Bosh rumors...

It's tough to trade Wade and sell it (it's Wade County, his team after all)

It's tough to trade James, probably a top 3 player in the NBA right now even with the struggles.

That leaves Bosh, or as I know him, Jermaine O'Neal 2.0.
    Ya I'll def check out the podcast tonight.

We agree actually -- if during next season they are still struggling, I 100% agree legit Bosh rumors come.

Partly because they "have" to do something. They "must" win *titles*. The historical, legacy-defining stakes are enormous, maybe unprecedented.

So in that sense, you're dead right in that Bosh becomes the default option.

Lebron no way.
    Wade, ya, no way. Rono compares to trading Magic and that may be an understatement (even though from a purely clinical stand point, he may really be the best to trade IMO)

Yet they "must" force a hand to mix things up...so that leaves:

Heronimous "Chris" Bosh.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Ya I'll def check out the podcast tonight.

We agree actually -- if during next season they are still struggling, I 100% agree legit Bosh rumors come.

Partly because they "have" to do something. They "must" win *titles*. The historical, legacy-defining stakes are enormous, maybe unprecedented.

So in that sense, you're dead right in that Bosh becomes the default option.

Lebron no way.
    Wade, ya, no way. Rono compares to trading Magic and that may be an understatement (even though from a purely clinical stand point, he may really be the best to trade IMO)

Yet they "must" force a hand to mix things up...so that leaves:

Heronimous "Chris" Bosh.
    Right...if they don't win titleS (plural) this whole experiment is a failure, and Pat Riley doesn't take to failing well...I bet if it looks like the experiment is going south he moves Bosh for pieces to complement James and Wade.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Right...if they don't win titleS (plural) this whole experiment is a failure, and Pat Riley doesn't take to failing well...I bet if it looks like the experiment is going south he moves Bosh for pieces to complement James and Wade.
    Agreed. Just smacks of desperation, though. And I don't see it truly working (for reasons before of that the big prob, as I see it, from an albeit peripheral perspective, is Wade + James are killing one anothers' games, and basketball psyche's in the process).

And Bosh as a player legit should be GREAT paired with either one!

Lol at this thread.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Lol at this thread.

Agreed man. Did you guys not watch the big three dance around a day after they were signed? Did you not hear the hype? The tickets sold. The jerseys sold. The television exposure. You think Riley would give up on that THIS YEAR? So many threads on here are so unrealistic.

Looks...Cp3 and Miami's "Big Three" will not be a Knick this year. Plain and simple.

Originally Posted by Sage
    All you have to do with the YT button is paste the code in the URL after "watch?v=", so in this case, cNgf6fd88g8
    Also, if the url is longer (such as here - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) the code you need starts after v= and ends right before the & character.

v=fynZwijA4io&feature

lmao @ this thread....
    miami aint tradin none of them fools
    they are gonna play out their contracts....each of them, they will all be resigned and finish their career as miami heat players.
    end of story.
    Beat the heat. End of story.

While we aer on unrealistic topics....is there a way we can get blake griffen? that dude was made to play in new york....clippers aint doin him no justice.

What about rubio? sotas gonna be good wth rubio, love and beastly

HTF did this thread end up making so much noise?

Originally Posted by Toons
    lmao @ this thread....
    miami aint tradin none of them fools
    they are gonna play out their contracts....each of them, they will all be resigned and finish their career as miami heat players.
    end of story.
    Beat the heat. End of story.

While we aer on unrealistic topics....is there a way we can get blake griffen? that dude was made to play in new york....clippers aint doin him no justice.

What about rubio? sotas gonna be good wth rubio, love and beastly
    The only way you get him is if decides to test free agency when his contract is up. I think the Knicks should try to land DeMarcus Cousins from The Kings. I think it has become obvious that he does NOT want to play there and I think the Knicks could offer Sacramento 1 or 2 players that they would like. Also, I think STAT could be a great mentor for DeMarcus Cousins and maybe real him back in a little and really bring out this guys full potential! Cousins would be awesome flanking STAT; a nightmare for other teams to defend.

Veteran

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    The only way you get him is if decides to test free agency when his contract is up. I think the Knicks should try to land DeMarcus Cousins from The Kings. I think it has become obvious that he does NOT want to play there and I think the Knicks could offer Sacramento 1 or 2 players that they would like. Also, I think STAT could be a great mentor for DeMarcus Cousins and maybe real him back in a little and really bring out this guys full potential! Cousins would be awesome flanking STAT; a nightmare for other teams to defend.
    I love Cousins. Agree that STAT would be primo alongside him, on n off court.

It doesn't seem wretchedly far fetched either. Still, he's a legit high-impact rookie lotto pick who plays C. Never know, though, just how much Kings dislike him.

Theyd prolly want Moz in return, if not just for PR of it. Moz, Chandler, AR as a base. I dunno lol. I think we just want a legit starting C right away, and why we focus hard on M.Gasol.

Don't see Griffin leaving LA, either. Clips have a nice future. Griffin and Gordon are basically all stars already. Farouk or whatever sf they just drafted seems like a legit starting piece, and even Bledsoe seems to be a solid starting PG developing real fast.

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    DeMarcus Cousins is an emotional rollercoaster and might set a new league high for Techs. I'd rather Favors (though that ain't happening).