Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephon Marbury cut by team in China

Default Stephon Marbury cut by team in China

Source:RotoWorld

Due to a contract dispute, Stephon Marbury is no longer a member of the Shanxi Zhongyu Brave Dragons of the Chinese Basketball Association.
    Despite the relative fame that Marbury garnered while playing for the Brave Dragons last year, the team asked him to take a significant paycut, which wasn't something Marbury was willing to do. Moreover, each CBA team is allowed just two non-native players, and every team has filled those international spots with the season close to getting underway. So unless an international player is cut, Marbury is, in both figurative and literal senses, a man without a country
    He should go to Turkey with Iverson. That would be fun to see. It would also make a good buddy Comedy.

"Can two former big time NBA players with big time personalitys work together to find there way back into the NBA?"

Veteran

Ha! Ha! lol

I got to see KingStarburys reaction to this lmao.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

bring him back to the NYK's =]

LMAO!!! Another blow to team Starbury

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    LMAO!!! Another blow to team Starbury
    leave it to them (Team Starbaury) to try to put some sort of spin on this that makes Steph look like a winner in this!

LOL, sorry boys cant blame this one on Isiah, Crawford, Curry, Dantoni, or Walsh!

Best of luck to him tho!

I do like the he and AI thing in Turkey.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

dudes, he's better then everyone else in china hands down iverson is coming off the bench over there in turkey and scoring 2 points the other day, does that mean the turkish dudes are better then A.I? HELL NO!

starbury back to NYK at veterans min.

Jesus. He'll never get it will he.

KnicksonLIN.com

The title of this thread makes it seem like if Marbury got cut by the team.

He wasn't cut, he turned down their offer.

When Latrell Sprewell turned down the 21 million dollars offered by the Minnesota Timberwolves, was he cut? No, they offered him a contract, and he refused to accept it. It's the same scenario here.

I find it funny how everyone's talking about "Team Starbury", yet the haterburys are the ones who keep bringing him up.

Originally Posted by abcd

When Latrell Sprewell turned down the 21 million dollars offered by the Minnesota Timberwolves, was he cut? No, they offered him a contract, and he refused to accept it. It's the same scenario here.

I find it funny how everyone's talking about "Team Starbury", yet the haterburys are the ones who keep bringing him up.
    Marbury was offered a few hundred thousand dollars....marbs wudda made more money in the d-league. Marbs was cut at the end of the day, every team over there is allowed to have 2 roster spots for international players. Marbury not only got cut, he got ****ted on, the team didnt even respect him enough to tell him he didnt make the team until the season was about to start....leavin old steph without a team, or a country to play ball for.

He sort of was cut. The other side of the story was that he had diva like demands for 5 star hotels personal assistants and demanded Mo Taylor also be signed...

This whole story is just a waste of important news. But i did find it hilarious that one of his demands was to have Mo Taylor on the team?????

Any chance Marbury pushed Isiah to trade for Mo Taylor? In that trade deadline debacle where we also got Malik Rose?

Exactly.

Those faggs weren't even gonna pay him that much. Why should he sign with them?

I see him coming back to the NBA and making a big impact on a team. The Heat should sign him, they can really use his defense. The Lakers could aslo use him too, he'd be useful on any team. Its just a matter of where he decides to take his talents to

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Exactly.

Those faggs weren't even gonna pay him that much. Why should he sign with them?

I see him coming back to the NBA and making a big impact on a team. The Heat should sign him, they can really use his defense. The Lakers could aslo use him too, he'd be useful on any team. Its just a matter of where he decides to take his talents to

Lol I expected you to say something like that.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Toons
    Marbury was offered a few hundred thousand dollars....marbs wudda made more money in the d-league. Marbs was cut at the end of the day, every team over there is allowed to have 2 roster spots for international players. Marbury not only got cut, he got ****ted on, the team didnt even respect him enough to tell him he didnt make the team until the season was about to start....leavin old steph without a team, or a country to play ball for.
    Your opinion is biased, so I can't take what you have to say seriously. You're the same guy who believes in D'Antoni. Enuff said.

Originally Posted by Starks
    He sort of was cut. The other side of the story was that he had diva like demands for 5 star hotels personal assistants and demanded Mo Taylor also be signed...
    The fact that you said "sort of" proves he wasn't cut.

I personally don't care, but I find it funny how people want to spin the truth by giving threads misleading titles.
    The article says there was a contract dispute. It did not say they told him "you're off the team."
    Marbury was the one who said "I'm out", because he didn't like the offer.

Bottom line.