40 - .500

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Knicks play 23 more games against the East?s ?bottom nine.? They?re already 5-1 against that group.

NY also play the Clippers, Kings, Memphis twice the and T-wolves. Some of the worst teams in the West. The Wolves will NOT beat us again.

That?s 28 games against opponents we should beat on paper.

If we were to emerge with a record of 18-10 through those games, that gives us 27 victories.

ap-cf0aa0e22edd4047957fb929fe9db19b.jpg

Find another 11 victories (out of 36 more games) against higher-echelon opponents from either conference and we?ve got the 38 that should get us in the playoffs in the East. The common opinion is 40 is what it'll take to get there, so we need 13 of those 36 or even more to break .500.

Can anyone honestly say that we're not capable of 38-40+ wins? Come on, it's possible.

32-35 wins is also a possibility, but until it looks unavoidable, should be ignored by real Knick fans.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
The Knicks play 23 more games against the East?s ?bottom nine.? They?re already 5-1 against that group.

NY also play the Clippers, Kings, Memphis twice the and T-wolves. Some of the worst teams in the West. The Wolves will NOT beat us again.

That?s 28 games against opponents we should beat on paper.

If we were to emerge with a record of 18-10 through those games, that gives us 27 victories.

ap-cf0aa0e22edd4047957fb929fe9db19b.jpg

Find another 11 victories (out of 36 more games) against higher-echelon opponents from either conference and we?ve got the 38 that should get us in the playoffs in the East. The common opinion is 40 is what it'll take to get there, so we need 13 of those 36 or even more to break .500.

Can anyone honestly say that we're not capable of 38-40+ wins? Come on, it's possible.

32-35 wins is also a possibility, but until it looks unavoidable, should be ignored by real Knick fans.

Well, for one thing, I don't see why we can't do better than 18-10 against the league's bottom feeders.

I'm saying at best 45 wins ,and we'll surprise people like Milwaukee last year.If not the 41 wins is acceptable anything below that and i don't see how we get into the playoffs. We need another 5 game win streak and no more than a 3 game losing streak for the rest of the season.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look boys.....I would not be surprised if we get as many as 45 wins....but to say I would be shocked if we bottom out and miss the playoffs this season would be a lie!

We are having a nice run, and it feels good for us not to be looking forward to next season after the first month, but lets try to stay grounded.

Great Thread tho Crazy!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i predicted we would win 46, although the early losing streak made that number look impossible its looking like we could do it. our offense really is lethal we could score with the best of them. wish we would be a little more efficient on D that would make us a dangerous team.

STAT and Felton are getting more chemistry with each game. their becoming a nice duo both could be allstars ( STAT a given felton maybe ).

things are looking up for us this year fellas were doing alright. just need to continue to come together as a unit...always room for improvement lol

props crazy8's and yeah i agree with new-ny a fair bit. its a long season, but i definately think playoffs are a realistic chance this year for these knicks. alls i do know is we will all be uncontrollably amped if we make it to the postseason

Last edited:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i predicted we would win 46, although the early losing streak made that number look impossible its looking like we could do it. our offense really is lethal we could score with the best of them. wish we would be a little more efficient on D that would make us a dangerous team.

STAT and Felton are getting more chemistry with each game. their becoming a nice duo both could be allstars ( STAT a given felton maybe ).

things are looking up for us this year fellas were doing alright. just need to continue to come together as a unit...always room for improvement lol

I'm guessing that your early prediction was also fueled by the thought that Anthony Randolph would be a useful rotation player.

He's been a total disapointment atm. Hopefully he can make progress during the season.

petescud

Starter
I don't know how many we'll win, though I'm guessing 43...far out guess cause no one knows what changes will be made on our team and injuries etc. Anyway, we have a tough stretch of games coming up. Heat2x, Orlando, Utah, Lakers, Hornets, Jazz etc...If we can play those teams at .500, i'd be really happy. Then Take care of business with the sub .500 teams (Nets, Wizards etc) by going 8-3

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we can play .500 against good teams and around .600 against not so good teams, we're in the playoffs.

If we can go .500 on the road we'll be in the playoffs (no team is going to go .500 on the road and have a losing record at home, it just doesn't happen).

Making the playoffs in the East is not that hard. It helps us tremendously that Milwaukee and Charlotte have started this season off terribly. Bucks and Bobcats are probably going to be our competition for 7-8, and luckily for us we've been playing well against the Kittens. We always seem to suck it up against the Bucks but hopefully they stay on this slump they've been on lately.

We have a tough stretch of games coming up but it's make or break for us. What we do know is that if those games go well we're basically in the playoffs at #6, and if they don't we're going to be clawing our way up to #8...if that.

If we can play .500 against good teams and around .600 against not so good teams, we're in the playoffs.

If we can go .500 on the road we'll be in the playoffs (no team is going to go .500 on the road and have a losing record at home, it just doesn't happen).

Making the playoffs in the East is not that hard. It helps us tremendously that Milwaukee and Charlotte have started this season off terribly. Bucks and Bobcats are probably going to be our competition for 7-8, and luckily for us we've been playing well against the Kittens. We always seem to suck it up against the Bucks but hopefully they stay on this slump they've been on lately.

We have a tough stretch of games coming up but it's make or break for us. What we do know is that if those games go well we're basically in the playoffs at #6, and if they don't we're going to be clawing our way up to #8...if that.

CAN WE JUST BEAT THE NETS AT HOME TONIGHT

then we can start talking about the playoffs.

p0nder

Starter
The playoffs are a long way off, but it's nice to see us in the mix. I'll just add in here that by the All-star break last season the Toronto raptors were in 5th position and by the end of the season were eliminated from getting into the playoffs.

Nothing is in stone yet, so while we can speculate about what goes on it's really the streaks and injuries that will effect us. As long as Amar'e can stay healthy and Felton and Gallo can continue to contribute in meaningful ways I see no reason why we can't make the playoffs.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Boguts injury is lingering and ****ing the bucks in the ass. That and they can't seem to shoot for shit this year.

Scott Skiles teams tend to start off ugly and finish off strong. The Bucks cannot be taken lightly. We might end up needing a tiebreaker against them near the end of the season.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
The HEAt is 9-1 against bottom feeders... what makes the us so different from them????

They have the biggest prick in the NBA.
They have 3 guys making 100 million dollars.

And they also happen to have 2 of the top 3 players talent wise in the NBA on their team. We don't.

They are just a "tad" different bro.