Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Official Landry Fields Disscusion Thread

  1. #1
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Official Landry Fields Disscusion Thread




    The OFFICIAL
    Landry Fields
    THREAD!


    Checklist to greatness

    1.Make Rookie/Sophmore Game (Pending)
    2.Average a Double Double (Pending)
    3.Win Rookie of the Year (Pending)

  2. #2
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    The kid has to be the best 2nd round player (I was going to say guard) since Ginobili.
    He leads ALL NBA guards in rebounding AS A ROOKIE. That's phenomenal.
    He plays a wiley vet's game beyond his years.
    He brings a team game, not just his game.
    He has literally EVERY facet of the game in his repertoire.
    He has outshone starters that have been in this league for as long as a decade.
    He has unparalleled anticipation on both ends but contains any will to gamble defensively.
    He dribbles with his head up.
    He's unselfish.
    He recognises mismatches and advantages on offense.
    He's vocal.
    He's driven.
    He's explosive.
    He's a NYK dream come true.

    And all of these attributes, both coachable and non coachable, seem to come to him naturally.

    I'd give Houston another pick just to maintain his intangible, immeasurable, under acknowledged services on this team.

    I could go on, but I'd be rude not to leave any doting to other posters.


  3. #3
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain


    The OFFICIAL
    Landry Fields
    THREAD!


    Checklist to greatness

    1.Make Rookie/Sophmore Game (Pending)
    2.Average a Double Double (Pending)
    3.Win Rookie of the Year (Pending)
    BTW, the rookie sophomore game is a shoe in. So is All Rookie First.

    ROY is out of reach with Griffin beasting his way to prominence through dominance. That's a Clyde call!

  4. #4
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    The kid has to be the best 2nd round player (I was going to say guard) since Ginobili.
    Michael Redd, Gilbert Arenas, Carlos Boozer and Monta Ellis all beg to differ.

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    He leads ALL NBA guards in rebounding AS A ROOKIE. That's phenomenal.
    He plays a wiley vet's game beyond his years.
    He brings a team game, not just his game.
    He has literally EVERY facet of the game in his repertoire.
    He has outshone starters that have been in this league for as long as a decade.
    He has unparalleled anticipation on both ends but contains any will to gamble defensively.
    He dribbles with his head up.
    He's unselfish.
    He recognises mismatches and advantages on offense.
    He's vocal.
    He's driven.
    He's explosive.
    He's a NYK dream come true.

    And all of these attributes, both coachable and non coachable, seem to come to him naturally.

    I'd give Houston another pick just to maintain his intangible, immeasurable, under acknowledged services on this team.

    I could go on, but I'd be rude not to leave any doting to other posters.
    Everything else I agree with.

    But I think what makes him as good as he is is his intelligence. Dude went to Stanford, has to be a smart cookie on some level. You can see out there he has a ridiculously good understanding of the game, he knows where he has to be and what he has to do and when he has to do it.

    He also appears coachable, amenable to whatever D'Antoni will tell him and always looks like he is listening.

    But perhaps most important.

    This guy has ZERO pressure on him to be a star immediately. STAT will take the pressure (just another thing to add on to his value and meaning to this franchise), Felton has pressure on him as the leader of the offense, and Gallo has pressure on him as the most recent Knicks lottery pick currently on the roster.

    NY can be a tough place to play, but in this environment, Fields can flourish and grow into a good player. The spotlight, even in NY, is not on him right now. That's good for player development.

  5. #5
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I love Landry, but you guys may have finally cracked if you think he even comes close to Blake or Wall. You do realize Blake is a 20 10 guy right?

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Michael Redd, Gilbert Arenas, Carlos Boozer and Monta Ellis all beg to differ
    M. Gasol, too.

    Could throw in Ariza to the mix, actually, speaking of Knicks.

    I like Fields a lot. Very impressive rookie campaign and he's type of player you like to watch as a fan.

    But let's not look at it too much through the prism of where he happened to be drafted. Once he's drafted and he is who he is, it shouldn't really play into us assessing his (true) value. It makes it a great victory and source of pride to have discovered him in the 2nd, but it really has nothing to do with actual value now, to us or another team.

    I think he gets traded for Melo along with Chandler, as season wanes and DEN bends over and Melo forces the hand, fwiw.

    Fields, Chandler, a 1st.

    A compromise will likely happen where Melo just goes this year; unless he feels extremely confident he won't get dicked out of 50M and uncertain new rules coming into play. And I don't see how he will, but it's possible.

    And when Melo goes Fields would be The Perfect Piece to include. DEN is apparently high on him.

    Chandler gives them more pedigree, experience, and a guy who they can show off as being one who can and has gone off for 20pts a game at any time.

    But Fields will be a linchpin.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    I love Landry, but you guys may have finally cracked if you think he even comes close to Blake or Wall. You do realize Blake is a 20 10 guy right?
    And Wall is averaging ~10 assists and scoring and stealing almost at will.

    Assuming he can stay reasonably healthy it will be a fierce dog fight between him and Griffin.

    Fields is really like R-MVP.

  8. #8
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Michael Redd, Gilbert Arenas, Carlos Boozer and Monta Ellis all beg to differ.
    I'm sure they would! Shows what I know about the second round. That's an impressive list of names. Actually, it's also a pretty impressive list of injuries and shoe pooers as well.

  9. #9
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    I'm sure they would! Shows what I know about the second round. That's an impressive list of names. Actually, it's also a pretty impressive list of injuries and shoe pooers as well.
    Haha yes yes. Actually looking through the draft results it's interesting, almost 1-2 per year become stars from the second round. Maybe we got that 1 this year!

  10. #10
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Did you guys know hes only 22 years old??? Someone told me he was 24!


    Hold on to this kid for dear LIFE!

  11. #11
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Knicks' Landry Fields named Eastern Conference rookie of the month

    Donnie Walsh didn't bring LeBron James to New York but it's starting to look like the Knicks president had a solid offseason.
    Amar'e Stoudemire and Raymond Felton are both solid pick-ups and the biggest surprise thus far has been rookie Landry Fields, who was drafted 39th overall last June.
    On Wednesday, Fields was named Eastern Conference rookie of the month. He ranks fourth among rookies in scoring (10.8 ppg), second in rebounding (7.1 rpg), eighth in assists (1.6 apg) and second in field goal percentage (.544). Fields has started all 19 games for the Knicks this season and he leads all NBA guards in rebounds.
    The Knicks have had a recent good run of late picks; Isiah Thomas drafted Trevor Ariza in the second round and selected David Lee with the last pick of the first round. Last season, Walsh purchased the Lakers first round pick and used it to select Toney Douglas.
    Scouting and player development are under-rated aspects of building a team. Yes, Walsh missed on Brandon Jennings last season but he's drafted solid role players that make a team complete.

  12. #12
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    Donnie Walsh didn't bring LeBron James to New York but it's starting to look like the Knicks president had a solid offseason.
    Amar'e Stoudemire and Raymond Felton are both solid pick-ups and the biggest surprise thus far has been rookie Landry Fields, who was drafted 39th overall last June.
    On Wednesday, Fields was named Eastern Conference rookie of the month. He ranks fourth among rookies in scoring (10.8 ppg), second in rebounding (7.1 rpg), eighth in assists (1.6 apg) and second in field goal percentage (.544). Fields has started all 19 games for the Knicks this season and he leads all NBA guards in rebounds.
    The Knicks have had a recent good run of late picks; Isiah Thomas drafted Trevor Ariza in the second round and selected David Lee with the last pick of the first round. Last season, Walsh purchased the Lakers first round pick and used it to select Toney Douglas.
    Scouting and player development are under-rated aspects of building a team. Yes, Walsh missed on Brandon Jennings last season but he's drafted solid role players that make a team complete.

    Frank Isola

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 12, 2010, 11:50
  2. The Official...Official Thread
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2010, 12:51
  3. Replies: 65
    Last Post: Jul 21, 2009, 11:45
  4. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 22:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •