PLAYERPROFILES7a.jpg

PLAYERPROFILES6a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES13a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES14a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES2a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES4a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES9a.jpg

nyk1011header_NEWS.jpg

While the New York Knicks have climbed back to .500 thanks to their recent success on the road, that hasn?t translated at home despite a favorable schedule.

The Knicks will try for their third home win when they face the New Jersey Nets on Tuesday night.

New York (9-9) has won six of seven, including a 125-116 double-overtime victory at Detroit on Sunday. All six of those wins have come against teams with losing records and five have come on the road.

ap-1ec185e11b6e4daeb6f133339de697cb.jpg

?We are just showing the sort of composure that we have and that we are growing since day one,? said Raymond Felton(notes), who overcame a stomach illness to finish with 23 points and 11 assists. ?If we continue to play that way and get better at home, I think that we will be okay this season.?

It was another big game for Amare Stoudemire, who scored 37 points to go along with 15 rebounds and seven assists. Stoudemire is averaging 27.1 points and 9.7 boards in the last seven games.

?He?s great,? coach Mike D?Antoni said. ?Just his persona and his aura is really good. ? It?s not about making mistakes or missing last shots, you?re always going to do that, but just being there with the guys every second is huge.?

Stoudemire and the Knicks will try to carry over that success to Madison Square Garden, where they are 2-5 this season, including a 99-90 loss to Atlanta on Saturday that snapped a five-game winning streak.

The Hawks are the only team which New York has hosted that currently has a winning record, but the Knicks are averaging more than seven points per game more on the road than at home.

Felton is averaging a career-high 18.1 points but only 15.0 at home. Danilo Gallinari(notes) is averaging 11.9 points at MSG while making 23.3 percent from 3-point range, compared to 18.1 points and 43.1 percent on the road.

The Knicks will have a good chance to better their home record against the Nets (6-11), who have lost five straight on the road.

KEYS TO VICTORY:

-Contain Lopez
-Maintain at least an even spread on the glass
-The 3 ball. ****ing obviously!
-Closing the 4th
-Maintaining a defensive presence/threat in the paint
-Stopping penetration

KEY MATCH UP:

Captain Ray VS Devin Harris

ap-719544d413b84963ab480cc9db77df70.jpg

If Raymond can maintain Harris' O, he can take a rest on our offensive end and HOPEFULLY begin creating shots for others, more so within the fluidity of the game.

ap-7f34b06c73fc4d95b8cb9a06e7e4ce44.jpg

prokhorov0401.jpg

Nets owner Mikael Prokhorov was recently quoted saying:

"I very much like cock in ass"

What could he possibly mean?

Nets Notable News:

New Jersey is looking to win back-to-back games for the first time since opening the season 2-0. The Nets are coming off a 98-96 win over Portland on Sunday after losing their previous two games.

After being held below 90 points in those two defeats, the Nets overcome a slow first half and finished the game shooting 52.5 percent. Devin Harris(notes) scored 25 points, including a late 3-pointer to give New Jersey a 92-89 lead.

?Devin was the one who really had the chance to spark us,? said forward Kris Humphries(notes), who had 10 points, eight rebounds and four blocks. ?I think the way we came back shows some growth. We?ve had some tough losses this year and we didn?t want another one.?

Harris is averaging 22.8 points in his last four games after a four-game stretch in which he averaged 12.3. He shot 7 of 12 on Sunday and had eight assists.

Harris scored 31 points the last time New Jersey faced the Knicks - a 113-93 win at MSG on March 6. The victory earned the Nets a split of the season series.

20100701_dolanz_560x375.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
landry_fields--300x450.jpg

Forgot to add that human X Factor "Landry Fields Esq." will make Anthony Morrow and Terrence Williams look like basketball abortions tonight.

landry_fields--300x450.jpg

Forgot to add that human X Factor "Landry Fields Esq." will make Anthony Morrow and Terrence Williams look like basketball abortions tonight.
Isn't Terrance Williams in the D League right now?

Anyway im going to the game tonight. This will be the start of the home court turnaround.. I can feel it.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm debating on whether or not to go. I have the tix up for sale on ticketexchange but if they don't sell I guess I'll go.

p0nder

Starter
^Turiaf is an essential piece of the puzzle, we need him on the defensive end.

I would love to see us above .500. We have a winning team on the floor that can compete with any team in the league.

iSaYughh

Starter
I'm nervous. See a real dogfight unfortunately.

Lopez could really beast on us if The Beard won't be playing.

And Favors having a "career" game, a la Evan Turner w Philly. That one really scares me.

Morrow has been hot lately, too. And when a sharpshooter is stroking the 3 tough to do much about it.

STAT needs to beast, Gallo can't lay a grenade, Moz *must* log some quality minutes, and Raymond needs to make Harris his bitch.

I think we actually see AR log some minutes again, too.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
This game can go either way.

The Knicks allow teams to shoot 47% from the field and they give up over 107 points per game, but the Nets don't have anyone who they can rely on in the 4th quarter and they sometimes go through long stretches without scoring.

I think the Nets will win, but only because they're a good defensive team. But their offense sucks, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Knicks won.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
No Turiaf is going to hurt. Might need to use Ant Randolph's length to try and stop Lopez. Honestly this year he hasn't taken that HUGE step that some believed he would, but nonetheless he is a good center that will be hard to stop.

The Knicks got to pull this one off. Knicks HAVE to beat the teams they might end up competing with in the east for those last playoff spots (Bobcats, Wiz, Pacers, Nets, Sixers, Craptors, Bucks)

petescud

Starter
With Douglas, that definitely helps our cause. If the Gov and AR keep Lopez under 30 we'll be OK...They must watch the Fouls (especially the stupid ones)...This is one of those games I'd like to see the Knicks not allow them to spread the floor. This way, Fields and Douglas could be their pesky selves and drive Lopez nuts with doubles and reach ins

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah I think we need Randolph in this one...he's athletic so he might be able to just run the hell out of Brook Lopez if possible...

welcometonycity

Rotation player
turiaf and douglas are back, were .500, were in the garden against our cross town rivals, Knicks deifnetly got this tonight. Nets are stupid for disciplining Terrance Williams and sending him to the D-League