Knicks V Nets - Nov 30

iJoe

Rotation player
Brook Lopez has got to be the worst rebounding big man for his minutes. He's averaging 6 rebounds a game!!!! That and his defense is pretty bad... They should trade him while he still has good value.

Landry Fields has some of the highest natural basketball IQ I've seen. Pencil me in as a big fan. What a huge steal.

I'm not sure I like Melo and Amare playing together. I'd still prefer getting CP3 or my favorite DWill!! DWill destroyed CP3 in the post and is a lot smoother on his outside shot. Either way you go, it should raise us even higher along with the development of our youngins.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Honestly, anyone watchin Felt on the Bobcats Knew he was capable of this in the right system. I think hes arrived. I thought he would around game 20, but he beat that. Hes the main differnce. Only upgrade at point would be DWill to me, size. Paul is better, but he and felt have similar build, so we dont gain much more imo.

That said, he is playing like an all star. Be interesting to see if he keeps it up, of they jerk him as far as an all star birth.

Knicks look good.

exactlyyyy i watched him on the bobcats too and i remember him playing at north carolina, kids got game now people are finally starting to notice

oh yeah **** DUHONS BUMASS hes trashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:agreed: ..... go knicks

iSaYughh

Starter
Brook Lopez has got to be the worst rebounding big man for his minutes. He's averaging 6 rebounds a game!!!! That and his defense is pretty bad... They should trade him while he still has good value.

Landry Fields has some of the highest natural basketball IQ I've seen. Pencil me in as a big fan. What a huge steal.

I'm not sure I like Melo and Amare playing together. I'd still prefer getting CP3 or my favorite DWill!! DWill destroyed CP3 in the post and is a lot smoother on his outside shot. Either way you go, it should raise us even higher along with the development of our youngins.

Lots of Lopezsexuals laying low these days. Woeful shooting % and shooting % drop, too.

Melo and STAT have different enough games were it will be far from a Lebron vs Wade dynamic. Their games and mentalities are a much superior mix.

Look. If we can sign Melo and Gasol this offseason we pull the trigger faster than a blind man getting mugged in Atlantic City at 3am.

We can also trade Wilson for a 1st with this plan.

Would be so mint and dominant towards the Jersey Nets they won't even want to move to Brooklyn and get any closer to NYC and their master.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we can get Melo, we do it. The key to having a good team is to have ONE dominant ball-handler...or rather, not having TOO MANY dominant ball-handlers. In Miami, they have Wade + LeBron both running the point.

As long as we have only ONE person whose job it is to run the point, then we're good. Melo and Amar'e are both good players off the ball so they'd go well here with Felton running the offense...imagine how many assists Felton gets when he gets to pass to Amar'e AND Melo...

CoolClyde

Land-roy Fields

Land-ROY Fields has the intangibles to make this team above-average.
as many KO members have noticed, he's got the hi-bball iq that many thought we lost with DLEE's trade.
having Land-ROY on the court gives the Knicks the brain to get that offensive rebound,
take the ball up the court, and make that excellent pass to Chandler that caused Hump-freeze to fall on DevHarris.
Tho his stats won't show it all the time, he is, for sure, A KEEPER!

The Feltip Floater in full effect, the P&R to Stat has just started jellin like magellin,
and his overall game is coming together; orchestrating, penetrating and devastating,
as clyde punctuated the broadcast time and time again.

STUDmaster general is a beast. his impact points (props to trillyo) make him one of the best
go-to players in the league, evidenced by his FTA. the fact that he blocks shots makes him
an impact defensive player as well, something DLEE never was or will be.
I admit, I voted for BOSH over STAT in early polls, I am SO GLAD we have the 100M man.

Chandler has shown himself to be the starter he deserves to be.
Knicks are not falling behind in 1st half with him on the court,
he needs to be in game at beginning to get into his flow.
his forays into the paint this game were better than i've ever seen him,
he is improving before our eyes.

kind of a weak game for Gallo, not getting to line as much as before,
missing 3's, but still contributing.

Moscow-bad
Skywalker-bad
Tony Chill - huh? wha' happen? when Feltip is on such a roll, you don't really miss Tony...
Ant Rando- 1 block, 1 basket? he needs to think like Tuffiaf, just defend, and when you get the ball at the hoop,
go for it. he is Charles Smith II

all in all, a great game, the defensive effort came thru in 2nd half,
and the offense was all about STUD, Weedson and Feltip.

rock n roll.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Riverside Ray + Wilson + Anthony pa' CP3

Paul
Landry
Gallo
Amare
Turiaf

Upgrade.:beer:

I respect your opinion but I think Felton is more than capable of running the point. What the Knicks really need is another legit scoring option like Melo. Melo also rebounds well which is a plus. If Gallo can step it up at least one more level then it would be a wash. At this point Felton, Melo and Amare is greater than CP3, Gallo and Amare IMHO.

Plus I'm a big Riverside Ray fan.

Red

TYPE-A
I respect your opinion but I think Felton is more than capable of running the point. What the Knicks really need is another legit scoring option like Melo. Melo also rebounds well which is a plus. If Gallo can step it up at least one more level then it would be a wash. At this point Felton, Melo and Amare is greater than CP3, Gallo and Amare IMHO.

Plus I'm a big Riverside Ray fan.

Before we think about upgrading the point we need to trade Curry for another servicable Big.

I don't know who's available or who would be by the TDL, but Felt seems more than capable to hold his own off & defensively.

Turiaf is a difference maker. Better teams will exploit our lck of interior presence, but he's already showing signs of wear. Donnie has to start shopping and trade someone for a Big to solidify us.

mafra

Legend
Before we think about upgrading the point we need to trade Curry for another servicable Big.

I don't know who's available or who would be by the TDL, but Felt seems more than capable to hold his own off & defensively.

Turiaf is a difference maker. Better teams will exploit our lck of interior presence, but he's already showing signs of wear. Donnie has to start shopping and trade someone for a Big to solidify us.

Man, you see what T-Chandler is doing in DAL, and the impact Okafor is having in NO (along with Turiaf here with us).

I think it's imperative that we gobble up a BIG ASAP. In the offseason, here's a list of possible target (all "big" free agents)

UNRESTRICTED: Josh Powell, Glen Davis, Kendrick Perkins, Nazr Mohammed, Kurth Thomas, Leon Powe, Tyson Chandler, Alexis Ajinca, Brian Cardinal, Nene Hilario, Shedlon Williams, Yao Ming, Solomon Jones, Craig Smith, Zach Randolph, David West, Eddy Curry (JUST KIDING), Nenad Krstic, Tim Duncan, Kyrylo Fresenko, Hilton Armstrong,

Marc Gasol is a restricted free agent. So is Joey Dorsey.

I think if we sign Melo, we look for a lesser one of these names. If we do not get Melo, we better target one of the bigger names here.

Other options: Jamal Crawford, Troy Murphy, Jason Richardson.

If we fail to get Melo, I would target Marc Gasol and Jamal Crawford. Probably still have cap space left over.

So, if we were to use Curry as trade bait.... Look for one of these names to be involved, since these are guys who wont be on the cap (taking up Melo's money).

AS FOR LAST NIGHT. Great 3rd quarter for the Knicks. Great finish. This was practically a MUST WIN, IMO.

We've been playing poorly at home. This was the Nets. For our confidence, we needed to come out and flex our will. We did and we finally won a game confortably.

Felton-Stat are getting in a groove. Dare I say it: 40-45 wins?

p0nder

Starter
I wouldn't mind having david west's skill set on the team. Marc Gason, Tyson Chandler, and Nene are good options for us as well..

I think it is apparent that our biggest hole right now is at the 5. the hole at the 2 guard is being covered up quite nicely. If we could get another Big to compliment STAT we'd be much better off then improving at any other position.

GetRealistic

Starter
If you want toughness and defense you gobble up Kendrick Perkins. He'd be the perfect enforcer next to Amare... Plus you'd be helping your team while weakening the Celts.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I haven't posted in a short while, but I have been watching the games and I'm becoming more impressed with our team every game that we play. They have built that chemistry that we need to succeed.

The only thing that I have a problem with is d'antoni. I feel like he is holding us back from becoming even greater. His coaching errors really irritate me because they are things that even a child would be able to correct.

Just the other day when we were tied in overtime, we had the ball in our possession with a couple seconds to go, and the play is Chandler for 3?!?!?! I mean c'mon ... who runs a play to take a damn 3 when all you really need is a 2 pointer? seriously....

hopefully we can correct this error by the end of the season and hire someone more competent :)

Anyway, here's to more great wins for our NY Knicks :beer:

:gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony:

The game was closer then the score shows. The D is still shacky, we need to stop giving up 100 points a game. When the Nets lost Devin in the 3rd, thats when both teams stop going back and forth with the scoring. Gallo is still shooting poor, still settling for the 3 instead of doing what Will the thrill was doing...taking it to the rack. When Gallo did go to the rack... the Nets D-fence let him by...most times losing the dribble or blowing the lay up. If Gallo can get to the line...he can help the team a lot, but he hurts the team if he cant. His rebounding and D isn't that impressive either, Felt has been pulling down about the same boards as Gallo. I do see a little heart in Gallo, I even like the scruffy beard look (shows he's ready to get down and dirty) but his all around game is still suspect, he's still expendable.

The team is finally gelling a bit, I see a potential championship if we had a roster of Felton, Fields, Stat, Wilson, Mello, Turiuf, Dougie, Walker, Moz and another big for rebounding and D.

iSaYughh

Starter
I haven't posted in a short while, but I have been watching the games and I'm becoming more impressed with our team every game that we play. They have built that chemistry that we need to succeed.

The only thing that I have a problem with is d'antoni. I feel like he is holding us back from becoming even greater. His coaching errors really irritate me because they are things that even a child would be able to correct.

Just the other day when we were tied in overtime, we had the ball in our possession with a couple seconds to go, and the play is Chandler for 3?!?!?! I mean c'mon ... who runs a play to take a damn 3 when all you really need is a 2 pointer? seriously....

hopefully we can correct this error by the end of the season and hire someone more competent :)

Anyway, here's to more great wins for our NY Knicks :beer:

:gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony: :gony:

Wilson's 3 was a terrible play, and I groaned and groaned, and it was 100x worse than the 3Gallo took at the end of regulation. But it's not D'antoni's culpability. At least not as plainly as you think.

I wanted a legit, drawn up "textbook" play with more structure and drawn up points to it...And I view the lack of such things in certain spots (following time outs, key situational positions) as D'ant's biggest weakness.

Making him pretty mediocre as an in-game strategy coach.

But it also wasn't D'ant's design to take a 3, let alone Wilson to take a 3, let alone Wilson to lay an absolute brick. (without rehashing an expose' on what SSOL really is and the game theory/philosophy MD strives to operate within.

For better or worse, and worse in this case, it was on the players to execute. Just in MD's team, versus a more traditional offense, when players don't execute, it often looks worse and more slapdash and like we have an absolutely empty suit at the helm.

Or at least to execute better than foolishly chucking the ball back and forth around the perimeter like manics, until hot potato ended, Wilson happened to have the potatoe, and he heaved a terrible shot from the 3 line.

Yet we still won the game.

It's a game of edges, and variance, and plenty of losses bundled up even within the most winning philosophy -- or even most winning team.

I wouldn't say there is a method to MD's madness. So much as there is a madness to his method.

midnightanthem

Benchwarmer
So nice to have a win! Check out these pics from the game.. Such determination!
x459.jpg

580x.jpg

http://galleries.msg.com/gallery/Knicks_vs._Nets_(11/30)/thumbnails