Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Landry Fields showing off his Genius Court IQ

Superstar

Default Landry Fields showing off his Genius Court IQ

Veteran

And consider that was in his SECOND game as a professional basketball player...

I gotta admit Landry Fields was the STEAL of the draft. He's athletic, pretty solid mechanically, a capable scorer, and my goodness his smart play is something we've needed.

Nice video.

As somebody who is no EXPERT on basketball, it's so easy to see his IQ. Great man we have on our team. Could make his teammates significantly better as well.

Veteran

Also let's think about this...where does Landry Fields rank in this year's draft class?

Is it possible that Fields might be the best Swingman to come out of this draft class? After all he's having a better season than Evan Turner, Wesley Johnson, etc. right now...

Default Landry Rocks

I believe he's 3rd behind Wall and Griffin.

Also let's think about this...where does Landry Fields rank in this year's draft class?

I believe he's 3rd behind Wall and Griffin. Clyde made a good point though at last nights game. He feels Fields is the ROY as of right now. I don't really care about ROY, as long as he develops and becomes a monster for us in the future

Originally Posted by petescud
    I believe he's 3rd behind Wall and Griffin.

I believe he's 3rd behind Wall and Griffin. Clyde made a good point though at last nights game. He feels Fields is the ROY as of right now. I don't really care about ROY, as long as he develops and becomes a monster for us in the future
    Actually, he is second behind griffin.....he overtook wall last night

damn, who would have thought that our rookie would be ranked higher than John wall in this years roiokie ladder. This means if blake griffin would have played his rookie season last year, we would have a legit Rookie of The Year playing for the Knicks.
    Damn you blake griffin

Wow! Great video. I am going to that site now to see if there are more like that. Very informative...kudos Joe for finding and posting that vid!

Superstar

I like how the video also shows just how much attention Stoudemire is getting. He's constantly drawing 2 or 3 defenders and opening up space for the other guys.

Wish the guy would make more videos, though he has a nice one of Mosgov's potential.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by Toons
    damn, who would have thought that our rookie would be ranked higher than John wall in this years roiokie ladder. This means if blake griffin would have played his rookie season last year, we would have a legit Rookie of The Year playing for the Knicks.
    Damn you blake griffin
    if you were to tell me that a knicks rookie would be second on the rookie leader board AHEAD of wall. and considering we didnt have a 1st round pick; i wouldve thought you were insane. but whats insane is landry fields play, dude is incredible. i seriously see this team as being another player short. if we could add one more dynamic player and maybe a good starting C that would have Turiaf coming off the bench this team would be lethal.

Fields is a keeper, great find. his IQ has rubbed off on the team and he's getting better game to game, still wish he gets a bigger role on offense though hopefully D'ant starts setting more plays for him.

Veteran

The kid has a lot of energy, so a system where you run and constantly move the ball will benifit him well. He kinda reminds me of Riggie Miller. Fast, always moving, always around the action, a great slasher, shooter and rebounder. With his BBall skill set and his fast learning curve...he can only get better. It will be a mistake to trade him, not many people in the NBA (today) can play with confidence at the Garden...and this is just the beginning for him.

Superstar

This is a testament to Amare more than anything.

Rondo's red flag in the draft was that he was uncoachable. He played with 3 All Stars so he had to know his role. What was he going to tell Garnett, Pierce, and Jesus Shuttleworth.

Amare is the real reason everyone is playing better this year. When you team is full of wack veterans like Q Rich, Chris Duhon, and Jared Jeffries no rookie is going to learn or get better. Because they think they are already better than they are.

Look what happens year after year to teams without go to guys. The LA Clippers have premier young talent year after year, but they don't have that one guy who they follow. Everyone is doing their own thing....

Superstar

Originally Posted by clumsy
    This is a testament to Amare more than anything.

Rondo's red flag in the draft was that he was uncoachable. He played with 3 All Stars so he had to know his role. What was he going to tell Garnett, Pierce, and Jesus Shuttleworth.

Amare is the real reason everyone is playing better this year. When you team is full of wack veterans like Q Rich, Chris Duhon, and Jared Jeffries no rookie is going to learn or get better. Because they think they are already better than they are.

Look what happens year after year to teams without go to guys. The LA Clippers have premier young talent year after year, but they don't have that one guy who they follow. Everyone is doing their own thing....
    True and false. While Amare is certainly helping people improve, it takes a certain skill and mindset to be able to play with a star. If a guy doesn't know how to move without the ball or be in positions to take advantage of Amare being double/triple teamed it destroys chemistry.

If someone else on the team wants to be the focal point and just keeps trying to play to get the ball to himself, that also disrupts the team flow. In fact, I think thats the reason why Randolph is having so much trouble this year. He wants to be the focus of the offense instead of playing his role.

Originally Posted by iJoe
    I like how the video also shows just how much attention Stoudemire is getting. He's constantly drawing 2 or 3 defenders and opening up space for the other guys.

Wish the guy would make more videos, though he has a nice one of Mosgov's potential.
    could u post the video of the gov