Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nyk @ No

Feels good to look at the schedule and feel like we have a legit shot every night. I believe we can compete with anyone right now. Our patience as Knicks fans is starting to pay off.. Congrats sons!

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

damn our next 3 games are highly winnable, this team is getting confidence and i think the motor is just about ready to start goin'. they're picking up momentum and things are looking good right now.

i know were not a defensive juggernaut but we dont have to be to be competitive we rank 15th right now in overall defense, thats something. and so long as were getting stops when we need them i dont see a problem. would i like to allow less points and be a more feared defensive team? sure. but were getting the job done.

everyones settled in on offense knows their roles and dont mind rolling over and letting another guy dominate so long as we win. this team is coming together by the game; win or lose.

we can play with anyone right now. and teams shouldn't take us lightly, cause they will get pounded if they do. i have a feeling this team will fair a lot better in that "december stretch" then people think

btw STAT 4 MVP

I am giving everyone high 5's tonight, New York is legit. I'm real proud to be a Knicks fan tonight. If we can win on the road against a real Western Conference team, while getting an off night from Gallo (Get used to this one being amazingly mediocre) and Chandler we can ball with anyone.

Veteran

Yeah not great nights from Gallo or Chandler but what more can you expect, Hornets are a tough defensive team.

Luckily Amar'e like always bails us out. This is why he's better than Lee...

Honestly i'm sure CP3 has been saying "oh yeah these Knicks are real to his teamates"...but i think after this game was over, he has our utmost respect. He has to think we are better then he thought. He sure looked frustrated a bit tonight

NY 11-9
    Miami 12-8

Someone would have excpected this at the start of the season ?

Originally Posted by kukoc7
    NY 11-9
    Miami 12-8

Someone would have excpected this at the start of the season ?
    I cant wait till we play them. I hope we get a huge game from Gallo when we do. Keep Lebron out the paint while STAT busts Bosh ass!! LoL

This is exactly why STAT is better than Lee.

I loved watching Lee play, and I wish him the best, I will always be a fan of his...BUT...STAT willed us to a win last night. That's what truly great players do. They get their team wins b/c they simply refuse to lose. Did Lee put up numbers like this sometimes? Yes, but many times in a losing effort.

Lee is a good player I have much respect for him.

But STAT has "IT", the undefinable ability to just go out there and win a basketball game b/c he just wants it more.

Superstar

Default Shawne Williams

I expect Williams to get more playing time. Apparently in practice he is the team's best three point shooter and he is smooth, athletic, and does have a very nice looking shot. He will cut into Gallo's and Chandler's time.

I remain a Gallo fan and perhaps competition from Williams will be good for him. Notice that he promptly dropped his two successive three pointers after Williams made two of his. But Gallo is a terrible finisher at the rim. He ends up taking awkward shots rather than powering them through. Although he is 6'10" he is relatively useless in the paint. He has got to get stronger.

It does seem that Gallo's principal job is to stand in the corner and create space. As a result he is rarely in position to get an offensive rebound and he does not get the ball enough in a position which provides options for shots or assists. Chandler and Felton will take shots rather than pass to an open Gallo.

We are going to have some pleasant rotation problems when Azubuike gets healthy.

I am really enjoying the Knicks as a "team."

Veteran

Did I miss something in the preseason or our first 19 regular season games?
    Who is Shawn Williams? I thought his name was 15th player on the roster,
    u know the guy u expect to get playingtime at the end of the season.
    Suprise! Sr. Prize!
    Shawn Williams only log in 4 minutes per game in 2 games this regular season......

We go on the road to play a New Orleans team that is 8-1 at home, and our
    dum celebrity coach Damnphony goes back to using his small 7-Man rotation
    with a new player we havnt seen play added in the rotation as the 7th man.
    To all our suprise this new player Shawn Williams had a great performance in
    New Orleans adding great defense, rebounding, and shooting 5-7 in fga hitting
    3-4 from the 3-ball line for an outstanding performance. Mr. Sir-Prize Shawn
    Williams took big advantage of his first oportunity at receiving some decent
    playingtime minutes.
    Great Knick WIN..... WTF was up with CP3?
    Felton is finally gellin with Amare on offense looking good in the scoring
    department, Felton only task now is to get the rest of his teammates
    into the offense too. What was up with CP3 in this game???
    I did not expect this win but I will take it. I dont want to see any more 7-man
    rotation in the regular season.
    Especially in the month of December...

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    We go on the road to play a New Orleans team that is 8-1 at home, and our
    dum celebrity coach Damnphony goes back to using his small 7-Man rotation
    with a new player we havnt seen play added in the rotation as the 7th man.
    Do you even realize how retarded this makes you sound? It's like criticising a player for going one on one instead of passing to the open man when he actually nailed the shot. You shouldn't do that.

Veteran

Angry Let it go

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    This is exactly why STAT is better than Lee.

I loved watching Lee play, and I wish him the best, I will always be a fan of his...BUT...STAT willed us to a win last night. That's what truly great players do. They get their team wins b/c they simply refuse to lose. Did Lee put up numbers like this sometimes? Yes, but many times in a losing effort.

Lee is a good player I have much respect for him.

But STAT has "IT", the undefinable ability to just go out there and win a basketball game b/c he just wants it more.
    Stop the bloody foolishness..... Stat wants to play at center the remainder of
    his career, while Lee wants to be the natural PF his overall skills allow him to be. Big Difference in players and their positions!

David Lee never had the "PG-Douglas/SG-Fields/SF-Chandler" defensive
    lineup pressuring oponents at every wimp of the game. Celebrity coach
    Dumphony had 6.8 Chandler at SG defending PG for two seasons with Lee.
    If u dont think those 3-players defensive tactics at their original positions
    has not taken a big load of pressure off of Amare & Felton than u are
    not paying attention to the Knicks defensive end STOPS!!!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

We deserve this.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Stop the bloody foolishness..... Stat wants to play at center the remainder of
    his career, while Lee wants to be the natural PF his overall skills allow him to be. Big Difference in players and their positions!

David Lee never had the "PG-Douglas/SG-Fields/SF-Chandler" defensive
    lineup pressuring oponents at every wimp of the game. Celebrity coach
    Dumphony had 6.8 Chandler at SG defending PG for two seasons with Lee.
    If u dont think those 3-players defensive tactics at their original positions
    has not taken a big load of pressure off of Amare & Felton than u are
    not paying attention to the Knicks defensive end STOPS!!!
    LMAO .. kiyaman don't forget to mention how great david lee was on defense .. Defensive POY

Veteran

Angry Lets be more realistic

Originally Posted by pat
    Do you even realize how retarded this makes you sound? It's like criticising a player for going one on one instead of passing to the open man when he actually nailed the shot. You shouldn't do that.
    I wonder what your comment would be if Shawn Williams did not add such a great performance. Or if N.O. highest scorer David West wouldve played his average 33 mpg last night?

I like the Knicks win last night but..... the Celtics beating a Laker team without Kobe or Gasol is ...................