Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: How intelligent are chimpanzees?

  1. #16
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    So how did Jesus know that a preaching work would be done worldwide, similar to his? Guessed?
    How did he not know the story of Noah's Arc was false?


    How did Muhammed have so many prophecies of the end times come true as well?
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Dec 07, 2010 at 13:35.

  2. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    How did he not know the story of Noah's Arc was false?


    How did Muhammed have so many prophecies of the end times come true as well?
    Wait, u do know Jesus was like eons smarter than any human in history, right? Nothing about him says liar in the slightest. So because you and some imperfect humans have deemed Noahs arc impossible means Jesus is a liar, in effect? So Jesis lied about the Noah account? how can u stand by a science that had proven itself only fairly reliable?

    And the muhammed thing, stop.

  3. #18
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Wait, u do know Jesus was like eons smarter than any human in history, right? Nothing about him says liar in the slightest. So because you and some imperfect humans have deemed Noahs arc impossible means Jesus is a liar, in effect? So Jesis lied about the Noah account? how can u stand by a science that had proven itself only fairly reliable?
    I'm not saying Jesus lied. I'm saying he didn't know it was impossible because he was human, like any other human that existed during that time and didn't possess the knowledge. Jesus also spoke of Jonah. Another impossible story. These prove he was not the son of god. The son of god would have known those stories were impossible.

    Since the flood lasted 150 days, that is plenty of time to kill every species and subspecies of plant and animal on earth not living in the water. All tree species, all mammals, all amphibians, all plants, all lichen species, etc, etc.

    So, since you say evolution is false, that means Noah had to have two of every plant and animal in the ark (plants reproduce sexually too). Two of every species. Not just two bears and two pine trees. Since evolution is false, two Ponderosa Pine, two Red Pine, two Lodgepole Pine, two White Pine, etc, etc....two black bears, two grizzly bears, two gobi bears, two polar bears, two panda bears, two brown bears, two kodiak bears, two asian bears, two Bergman's bears, two blue bears, two MacFarlane's bears, etc, etc, etc, etc. and since there are roughly 5 million species (very conservative estimate) of plant and animal on earth that means Noah must have had approximately 10 million individuals stuffed into the ark.

    The size of the ark was:
    length = 300 cubits (450 feet, or 135 meters), width = 50 cubits (75 feet, or 22.5 meters). it had three stories and its height was 30 cubits (45 feet, or 13.5 meters).

    This is not large enough to contain all of the individuals. This is not even taking into consideration the amount of food required to feed all of the animals for 150 days.

    This is not "fairly reliable" science. This is fact.

    Now, even if you want to ignore all of those undeniable facts, as I've stated numerous times, it is genetically impossible for two species of any complex organism to successfully maintain a viable population. Two lions can not create a population of lions.

    These are facts. Not "fairly reliable". All you're left with is that God changed the rules with his magic. And then changed them back.

    Also, rain is fresh water. The amount of rain needed to flood the earth in 40 days would have diluted the oceans salinity to the point that every salt water adapted ocean inhabitant would have died as well. So technically Noah would have also had to have two great white sharks, two hammerhead sharks, two tiger sharks, two mako sharks, two sand sharks, etc, etc, etc. All contained in separate salt water tanks for 150 days.

    So, do you see? The bible, Jesus and you are wrong. Just flat out wrong. And this is how I know the world is not going to end. You will see someday. It may be when you are very old (hopefully not) but eventually you will see.

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    And the muhammed thing, stop.
    What about Muhammed? All of his prophecies have come true. I find it ammusing that you are able to dismiss it so easily and expect everyone to believe the impossible stories of Noah's Ark, Adam and Eve, Jonah, etc. Quite hypocritical of you.

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I'm not saying Jesus lied. I'm saying he didn't know it was impossible because he was human, like any other human that existed during that time and didn't possess the knowledge. Jesus also spoke of Jonah. Another impossible story. These prove he was not the son of god. The son of god would have known those stories were impossible.

    Since the flood lasted 150 days, that is plenty of time to kill every species and subspecies of plant and animal on earth not living in the water. All tree species, all mammals, all amphibians, all plants, all lichen species, etc, etc.

    So, since you say evolution is false, that means Noah had to have two of every plant and animal in the ark (plants reproduce sexually too). Two of every species. Not just two bears and two pine trees. Since evolution is false, two Ponderosa Pine, two Red Pine, two Lodgepole Pine, two White Pine, etc, etc....two black bears, two grizzly bears, two gobi bears, two polar bears, two panda bears, two brown bears, two kodiak bears, two asian bears, two Bergman's bears, two blue bears, two MacFarlane's bears, etc, etc, etc, etc. and since there are roughly 5 million species (very conservative estimate) of plant and animal on earth that means Noah must have had approximately 10 million individuals stuffed into the ark.

    The size of the ark was:
    length = 300 cubits (450 feet, or 135 meters), width = 50 cubits (75 feet, or 22.5 meters). it had three stories and its height was 30 cubits (45 feet, or 13.5 meters).

    This is not large enough to contain all of the individuals. This is not even taking into consideration the amount of food required to feed all of the animals for 150 days.

    This is not "fairly reliable" science. This is fact.

    Now, even if you want to ignore all of those undeniable facts, as I've stated numerous times, it is genetically impossible for two species of any complex organism to successfully maintain a viable population. Two lions can not create a population of lions.

    These are facts. Not "fairly reliable". All you're left with is that God changed the rules with his magic. And then changed them back.

    Also, rain is fresh water. The amount of rain needed to flood the earth in 40 days would have diluted the oceans salinity to the point that every salt water adapted ocean inhabitant would have died as well. So technically Noah would have also had to have two great white sharks, two hammerhead sharks, two tiger sharks, two mako sharks, two sand sharks, etc, etc, etc. All contained in separate salt water tanks for 150 days.

    So, do you see? The bible, Jesus and you are wrong. Just flat out wrong. And this is how I know the world is not going to end. You will see someday. It may be when you are very old (hopefully not) but eventually you will see.



    What about Muhammed? All of his prophecies have come true. I find it ammusing that you are able to dismiss it so easily and expect everyone to believe the impossible stories of Noah's Ark, Adam and Eve, Jonah, etc. Quite hypocritical of you.
    I don't claim to know exactly how Jehovah maneuvers all he does. I dont understand fully how he claims to have always existed for instance. But I do know that Jesus said their would be a restoration of truth in the last days, and I do know that his work is being carried out today, I do know that people from all nations serve God together, and peaefully co exist. Something man struggles with. And I cant ignore that.

    Now when u say things are facts, you are saying it has been figured out. So ur trying to tell me, that imperfect man has without a doubt, figured out exactly how everything genetically works? So there will be no revisions at anytime in the near future? Because science changes their vp A LOT! I mean, now neanderthal and modern humans coul
    d have mated, thats a revision. Am I supposed to put a whole lotta stock into u saying Adam and eve couldnt produce all of mankind based on scientific revision? Why?

    No, no. Jehovah does not do that. There is no revising to worry of. What he says will happen, happens. See the NYT article on most read magazine in the world!

    Muhammed was not a prophet. The Quran is not a book of prophecy, even believers will tell u so. Stop.

  5. #20
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I don't claim to know exactly how Jehovah maneuvers all he does. I dont understand fully how he claims to have always existed for instance. But I do know that Jesus said their would be a restoration of truth in the last days, and I do know that his work is being carried out today, I do know that people from all nations serve God together, and peaefully co exist. Something man struggles with. And I cant ignore that.

    Now when u say things are facts, you are saying it has been figured out. So ur trying to tell me, that imperfect man has without a doubt, figured out exactly how everything genetically works? So there will be no revisions at anytime in the near future? Because science changes their vp A LOT! I mean, now neanderthal and modern humans coul
    d have mated, thats a revision. Am I supposed to put a whole lotta stock into u saying Adam and eve couldnt produce all of mankind based on scientific revision? Why?

    No, no. Jehovah does not do that. There is no revising to worry of. What he says will happen, happens. See the NYT article on most read magazine in the world!
    It's not revision when talking about size. It's physics. You can't fit a bowling ball into a can of pepsi. You can't fit all of those animals into the ark. Impossible. If you can change the laws of physics and fit a bowling ball into a pepsi can, then we'll talk. Until then, Noah's Ark is impossible.

    You are essentially saying, "I don't care about facts, I know I'm right and will continue to tell people they're wrong and I'm right, even though all facts and evidence prove I'm wrong". Good luck with that. Like I said. You'll see someday. When the world has not ended, eventually you will have to come to terms with it.

    And yes, it is fact that two individuals of a complex species cannot sustain a viable population through sexual reproduction. Fact. We don't need to know everything about everything to know it is fact. We don't know everything about the universe but we know for certain the earth is 238,857 miles from the moon. Not knowing one thing does not equate to not knowing anything. Your excuse that science adapts based on acquiring knowledge is bogus with this and only an excuse you cling onto so you don't have to be held accountable for your actions.

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Muhammed was not a prophet. The Quran is not a book of prophecy, even believers will tell u so. Stop.
    Prophesized by Muhammad:

    - The enemies of the Muslims dividing the Muslim's wealth and lands
    - The decrease of religious knowledge
    - The increase of sexual promiscuity
    - Nakedness of women while still being dressed
    - The increase of literacy
    - The increase of musical instruments, and the Muslims making it lawful even though the Prophet has forbidden them
    - The drinking of wine becoming common
    - People will abandon religion
    - The worst and most ignorant will become leaders
    - The caliphate and martyrdom of ‘Uthman
    - The conquest of Cyprus
    - The conquest of Istanbul
    - The increase in killing
    - Disappearance of trustworthiness
    - The increase of the use of money

    How did he know all of this? Guessed?

    Everything you say about these prophecies can be applied to the prophecies you claim are true. Everything.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Dec 08, 2010 at 12:26.

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    It's not revision when talking about size. It's physics. You can't fit a bowling ball into a can of pepsi. You can't fit all of those animals into the ark. Impossible. If you can change the laws of physics and fit a bowling ball into a pepsi can, then we'll talk. Until then, Noah's Ark is impossible.

    You are essentially saying, "I don't care about facts, I know I'm right and will continue to tell people they're wrong and I'm right, even though all facts and evidence prove I'm wrong". Good luck with that. Like I said. You'll see someday. When the world has not ended, eventually you will have to come to terms with it.

    And yes, it is fact that two individuals of a complex species cannot sustain a viable population through sexual reproduction. Fact. We don't need to know everything about everything to know it is fact. We don't know everything about the universe but we know for certain the earth is 238,857 miles from the moon. Not knowing one thing does not equate to not knowing anything. Your excuse that science adapts based on acquiring knowledge is bogus with this and only an excuse you cling onto so you don't have to be held accountable for your actions.



    Prophesized by Muhammad:

    - The enemies of the Muslims dividing the Muslim's wealth and lands
    - The decrease of religious knowledge
    - The increase of sexual promiscuity
    - Nakedness of women while still being dressed
    - The increase of literacy
    - The increase of musical instruments, and the Muslims making it lawful even though the Prophet has forbidden them
    - The drinking of wine becoming common
    - People will abandon religion
    - The worst and most ignorant will become leaders
    - The caliphate and martyrdom of ‘Uthman
    - The conquest of Cyprus
    - The conquest of Istanbul
    - The increase in killing
    - Disappearance of trustworthiness
    - The increase of the use of money

    How did he know all of this? Guessed?

    Everything you say about these prophecies can be applied to the prophecies you claim are true. Everything.

    Im of the belief that man knows way less than he thinks he does. For instance Kob wrote the book of Job. It says fire came from the sky and killed his family. Ever seen from the sky? Is it possible?

    Mankind uses imperfect science and imperfect undertanding, there is always a chance for foul up becaise of that (see carbon dating)

    Jesus knows more than u and science. I'll believe him.

    Those are not prophecies. Those are his opinions. the bible prophecies are time specific and they pass without people noticing half the time. The work being done by JWs is incredible. The fact that the Watchtower is the most read magazine on the planet, gives nothig but credence to the Bible beig Gods word. Jesus gave veru specific details to his presence, at best, Muhammed just gave his thoughts. And again, hardcore muslims dont believe the Quran is prophetic. Its a book of teachings. Stop it.

  7. #22
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Im of the belief that man knows way less than he thinks he does. For instance Kob wrote the book of Job. It says fire came from the sky and killed his family. Ever seen from the sky? Is it possible?

    Mankind uses imperfect science and imperfect undertanding, there is always a chance for foul up becaise of that (see carbon dating)

    Jesus knows more than u and science. I'll believe him.

    Those are not prophecies. Those are his opinions. the bible prophecies are time specific and they pass without people noticing half the time. The work being done by JWs is incredible. The fact that the Watchtower is the most read magazine on the planet, gives nothig but credence to the Bible beig Gods word. Jesus gave veru specific details to his presence, at best, Muhammed just gave his thoughts. And again, hardcore muslims dont believe the Quran is prophetic. Its a book of teachings. Stop it.
    And, as typical, you resort to imperfect science, therefore it is wrong. This is a logical fallacy. Not knowing everything doesn not equate to not knowing anything. The bible is imperfect too yet you think none of it is wrong, why?

    Like I said, it's basic physics. You think a bowling ball can fit into a pepsi can, I say it can't. Until you prove to me it can, you are wrong. The facts and evidence prove me right. The onus is on you. Not me. Everybody already knows it is impossible. You say it isn't. Prove me wrong.

    And those are prophecies. Not opinions. You can research it yourself. He prophesized that in the end days that:

    - The enemies of the Muslims dividing the Muslim's wealth and lands
    - The decrease of religious knowledge
    - The increase of sexual promiscuity
    - Nakedness of women while still being dressed
    - The increase of literacy
    - The increase of musical instruments, and the Muslims making it lawful even though the Prophet has forbidden them
    - The drinking of wine becoming common
    - People will abandon religion
    - The worst and most ignorant will become leaders
    - The caliphate and martyrdom of ‘Uthman
    - The conquest of Cyprus
    - The conquest of Istanbul
    - The increase in killing
    - Disappearance of trustworthiness
    - The increase of the use of money


    Very often Christians reject the prophetic mission of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) under the delusion that he made no prophecies.

    However, this shows a serious lack of understanding. Muhammad (pbuh) was the seal of the Prophets and he probably made more prophecies than any other prophet. The Prophecies made by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), were under three separate sections: Prophecies from the Qur’an; Prophecies from the Hadeeths; Prophecies concerning the last days.

Similar Threads

  1. Intelligent Knicks Fan Forum anyone?
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jun 08, 2009, 14:06
  2. Knicks Org Not A Model Of Intelligent Management
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 01, 2007, 07:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •