Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stat 4 Mvp

Veteran

Lebron has been a mortal lock on it (and would have been if he stayed or came here, or even CHI).

Its open now. Durant has numbers and is great, but his actual game has slid some. And the emergence of Westbrooo from rising star to allstar...And winning them games as much or more than Durant, showing just how valuable he is. MVP candidate as well.

This will hurt Durant. And him.

Likewise for Gasol playing out of his mind with Kobe.

Dirk is prime competition. I see them as being kinda similar candidates. Except STAT is arguably doing more with less, and truly is the figurehead on reviving an entire franchise and city in one year. That is MVP.

Anyone with a non mongoloid IQ who follows sports knows that STAT is the embodiment of MVP right now. He has the numbers, we are winning, the franchise has the spotlight back, the storyline is there, and it's all because of him.

Nash is actually a decent MVP candidate, too, arguably more than ever if he can get that squad to playoffs.

STAT, Dirk, Nash. In that order.

STAT is the lock. 25-9-2, 2blocks, 1steal, his typical gaudy shooting %, we make playoffs. He touches that and it's his.

*barring durant actually shooting well, lol. In which case KD might finish with like 35pts a game, and it's who knows...Still STAT for mostVALUABLEplayer, but voters swing from Durant's balls and aren't yet a hundred ready for NYK swag again.

As a knick fan who pretty much followed the knicks the way you did , i can say i am very excited to see the knicks playing well, but this month is going to be he real test. If the knicks can manaage to stay atleast 3 to 4 games above .500 then i think teams reocongize ny is no longer a team to sleep on and mare will def be heard..

Originally Posted by MadJack
    Amare is playing at an MVP level, but whether he wins or not will depend on how many wins the Knicks get.

He is definitely in the running for first team All NBA this year.

Knicks won't win enough games to get STAT the award, but he's playing at an MVP caliber level. No doubt about.

Veteran

I predicted Stat would be top 5 in scoring this year. I see he made the leap from 10th a couple of weeks ago to third today. No question he can be the MVP even if the Knicks don't win a ring, he's more dominant and important to this team than Lebron in Miami or Kobe in LA.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

I predicted Deron Williams of winning it and maybe Melo.

Now not sure still a lot more games to play, still think D Will has a chance but Stat is showing MVP type number in these last few games. Stat has been a great surprise showing he's worth his contract. Hope he leads the team to be top contenders.
    Happy to say I'm a Knicks fan.

M-v-p!! M-v-p!!

They roared it tonight. First time in how long?

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    They roared it tonight. First time in how long?
    Really hate to do this to you guys since we're all happy that we have a LEGIT MVP candidate. But since you asked here it is....

Veteran

Yeah^^,I remember that....

We still have to play the good teams before we crown him MVP. I know Knick fans are starving for greatness, but don't let the weak teams at the begining of our season fool you. We are suppose to smash most of the teams we played, but we came away with close victories. There's plenty of games ahead in the season, so lets hold the chants before we start eating those words, at least until after we play some real comp...

Chris Duhon should definitely have won the MVP last year with his 2.80 turnovers per game.