Stat 4 Mvp

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Hey everyone Im a new poster here.. I've been a Knick fan since the 90s when I was a lil kid.. I was born in '86.. I remember game 7 of the 94 Finals.. Ewing , LJ, Oakley, Starks, Mason, all them guys.. The improbable run in '99 with Spree, Camby, Houston and those guys.. When Ewing got hurt before facing the Spurs I was proud of our team getting that one big win in that series..

After that year it was tough being a Knicks fan.. All the bad contracts, the Losing, Lenny Wilkins, Isiah , Larry brown, The scandals. A selfish point Guard and I got excited a few seasons like '04 when we got swept by the Nets in the first round .. And Isiahs first year as Head Coach when it looked like we may make the playoffs but we fell apart.. I kind of loved the Knicks from a distance at this time.. Long gone was the excitement of the Knicks and therefore the NBA for me.

Now Fast Forward to THIS year. Amar'e is better than I could've ever hoped for!! Felton I didnt know much about this year because Like I said I havent been following Hoops the way I used to because the team I love has been terrible for so long.. But the whoel team has HEART!! and the Biggest reason is because of Amar'e Stoudemire.. The leadership, the attitude, the work ethic, the toughness.. STAT is the whole package.. So far this year I think he is the league MVP .. PERIOD.. Aot of people claimed much of Stats success was because of Steve Nash.. but I think STAT has actually elevated his game year.. He is playing solid defense.. No doubt about it.. his rebounding is a bit up.. And lately he's been scoring 30 a game.. if the Knicks win 50 games this year I think STAT has a legit chance for an MVP.. I think if that does happen he WILL be the MVP.. and he Absolutely deserves it!! He has made the Knicks a much better team.. Im actually excited for Knicks games again.. I was on Vacation in Florida for Thanksgiving and i was watching streams online.. The whole Knicks fanbase is rejuvenated.. Now they cant say we havent beat anyone.. NO was 8-1 at home before this game and we also beat CHicago on the road!.. WE'RE PLAYING SOME SERIOUS DEFENSE!! I want Amare to give MR. Kevin Love some payback wen we see MINN in a couple days.. we gonna have some violins playing BABY!! :boohoo:

STAT For MVP.. He deserves it if the season continues likE this!!!!!!!!!
:gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
first off welcome to the site bro

secondly, im DaTPRiNCE and i approve this message:cool: STAT 4 MVP

MadJack

Benchwarmer
He has been playing at an MVP level, but the only way he can get real consideration for the award is if the Knicks become an elite team and win 55+. Historically the award has only gone to players who play on teams that finish with one of the best records.

p0nder

Starter
55+? i think it's a stretch. I can definitely see STAT winning league MVP if the Knicks can win around 50 games and taking momentum into the playoffs.

The consolation prize has turned things around, and is proving all the nay-sayers wrong.

There were questions coming into the season:
Can STAT lead a team?
Can STAT play at a high level without former MVP Steve Nash?
Can STAT stay healthy?
Can the Knicks win without 2 top tier FA's from this class?
Can The Knicks drop their losing culture and move into the winner category?
Can STAT step up in the 4th quarter and close out games?
Can STAT instill a presence of focus, determination and professionalism on and off the court?

So far, so good. As long as STAT stays healthy and the team continues to play with a purpose, there is no reason we can't get to 50+ wins. If we get there I think STAT win's MVP.

MadJack

Benchwarmer
55+? i think it's a stretch. I can definitely see STAT winning league MVP if the Knicks can win around 50 games and taking momentum into the playoffs.

The consolation prize has turned things around, and is proving all the nay-sayers wrong.

There were questions coming into the season:
Can STAT lead a team?
Can STAT play at a high level without former MVP Steve Nash?
Can STAT stay healthy?
Can the Knicks win without 2 top tier FA's from this class?
Can The Knicks drop their losing culture and move into the winner category?
Can STAT step up in the 4th quarter and close out games?
Can STAT instill a presence of focus, determination and professionalism on and off the court?

So far, so good. As long as STAT stays healthy and the team continues to play with a purpose, there is no reason we can't get to 50+ wins. If we get there I think STAT win's MVP.

In the last 10 years only 1 player won MVP on a team with less than 55 wins, and that was Steve Nash in 05/06. The Suns won 54 games that year.

p0nder

Starter
Depends on how it goes in the playoffs i think. If he bring's 'em to the eastern conference finals, i think he'll have a chance.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Depends on how it goes in the playoffs i think. If he bring's 'em to the eastern conference finals, i think he'll have a chance.

the MVP is announced at the start of the second round, but that doesnt really effect voting. look back when dirk won it that one year, they got knocked out in the first round that year by the 8th seed.

BUT i do think were going to win 45+ games and if STAT continues this level he should win the MVP

LeFlume

All Star
I don't care what the NBA or voters have to say. STAT IS MY MVP and that means a lot to me as a Knickfan.

MadJack

Benchwarmer
Amare is playing at an MVP level, but whether he wins or not will depend on how many wins the Knicks get.

He is definitely in the running for first team All NBA this year.

iSaYughh

Starter
Lebron has been a mortal lock on it (and would have been if he stayed or came here, or even CHI).

Its open now. Durant has numbers and is great, but his actual game has slid some. And the emergence of Westbrooo from rising star to allstar...And winning them games as much or more than Durant, showing just how valuable he is. MVP candidate as well.

This will hurt Durant. And him.

Likewise for Gasol playing out of his mind with Kobe.

Dirk is prime competition. I see them as being kinda similar candidates. Except STAT is arguably doing more with less, and truly is the figurehead on reviving an entire franchise and city in one year. That is MVP.

Anyone with a non mongoloid IQ who follows sports knows that STAT is the embodiment of MVP right now. He has the numbers, we are winning, the franchise has the spotlight back, the storyline is there, and it's all because of him.

Nash is actually a decent MVP candidate, too, arguably more than ever if he can get that squad to playoffs.

STAT, Dirk, Nash. In that order.

STAT is the lock. 25-9-2, 2blocks, 1steal, his typical gaudy shooting %, we make playoffs. He touches that and it's his.

*barring durant actually shooting well, lol. In which case KD might finish with like 35pts a game, and it's who knows...Still STAT for mostVALUABLEplayer, but voters swing from Durant's balls and aren't yet a hundred ready for NYK swag again.

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
As a knick fan who pretty much followed the knicks the way you did , i can say i am very excited to see the knicks playing well, but this month is going to be he real test. If the knicks can manaage to stay atleast 3 to 4 games above .500 then i think teams reocongize ny is no longer a team to sleep on and mare will def be heard..

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Amare is playing at an MVP level, but whether he wins or not will depend on how many wins the Knicks get.

He is definitely in the running for first team All NBA this year.

Knicks won't win enough games to get STAT the award, but he's playing at an MVP caliber level. No doubt about.

tiger0330

Legend
I predicted Stat would be top 5 in scoring this year. I see he made the leap from 10th a couple of weeks ago to third today. No question he can be the MVP even if the Knicks don't win a ring, he's more dominant and important to this team than Lebron in Miami or Kobe in LA.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I predicted Deron Williams of winning it and maybe Melo.

Now not sure still a lot more games to play, still think D Will has a chance but Stat is showing MVP type number in these last few games. Stat has been a great surprise showing he's worth his contract. Hope he leads the team to be top contenders.
Happy to say I'm a Knicks fan. :gony: