CAn Dantoni get credit???

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
All of us long-term members know that this place was, and possibly will continue to be, a madhouse: people posting pics, cursing each other out, etc. And I think it was funny and harmless, in and of itself. The problem is when people, whether attacked or attacking, take things seriously.

If someone makes a statement, and one ridicules the statement, rather than respectfully contemplating on it, and, if one does not agree, suggesting an alternative, it can cause anger and conflict. One should not be surprised if they try to ridicule their perceived opponent, because our society is competitive and power-based in nature. We believe that some of must win and some of must lose.

Now, I don't know if either of you were taking the argument seriously. Certainly, posting pictures of friends and family is unnecessary and shows one is sensitive to one's self-image, when being responded to with anger, rather than the other person's feelings and the need to make things right.

In addition, it's important that one not forget the part one plays in starting a conflict, which is the result of not being tactful, as well as not seeing good intentions in someone else's comments and ultimate goals. It is key to not create a monster out of someone else, by respecting their opinion, and thus not make them see you as a monster, when both of you are decent human beings.

PEACE

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
All of us long-term members know that this place was, and possibly will continue to be, a madhouse: people posting pics, cursing each other out, etc. And I think it was funny and harmless, in and of itself. The problem is when people, whether attacked or attacking, take things seriously.

If someone makes a statement, and one ridicules the statement, rather than respectfully contemplating on it, and, if one does not agree, suggesting an alternative, it can cause anger and conflict. One should not be surprised if they try to ridicule their perceived opponent, because our society is competitive and power-based in nature. We believe that some of must win and some of must lose.

Now, I don't know if either of you were taking the argument seriously. Certainly, posting pictures of friends and family is unnecessary and shows one is sensitive to one's self-image, when being responded to with anger, rather than the other person's feelings and the need to make things right.

In addition, it's important that one not forget the part one plays in starting a conflict, which is the result of not being tactful, as well as not seeing good intentions in someone else's comments and ultimate goals. It is key to not create a monster out of someone else, by respecting their opinion, and thus not make them see you as a monster, when both of you are decent human beings.

PEACE

Edited to not start shit.

The fact is, I am not sensitive it's just in my nature to call BS when I see it. If someone says something wrong about a game I will get the boxscore. If someone says something wrong about a player or coach I'll grab a video. I rather shut down a lie or inaccurate statement with overwhelming evidence...that how I roll and I make no apologies. It has served me well in my life so I'm not going to stop now. So yea, just as I pull stats, videos and articles when debating basketball I will pull pics to prove personal attacks on me as false. That's not being sensitive...that's being consistent.

Last edited:

NYKnicks15

Starter
100% agree that we can have differences. That's the point of this. To spark conversation and voice OUR opinions. I'm glad there are fans who don't agree 100% with everything. Keep it coming. Just in a respectful manner is all I'm saying.

The way I look at it is we're all Knicks fans at the end of the day. We all want the same goal. WINNING. PLAYOFFS. CHAMPIONSHIPS. We might have difference of opinions
moz-screenshot.png
and that's cool.. as long as the person posting isn't a Heat, Celtics, Nets, 76ers, Raptors, Lebron James, Isiah Thomas, Satan fan.. everything should be cool :gony:

PS sorry for the redundancies... I am aware Lebron & Isiah are Satan in disguise.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Edited to not start shit.

The fact is, I am not sensitive it's just in my nature to call BS when I see it. If someone says something wrong about a game I will get the boxscore. If someone says something wrong about a player or coach I'll grab a video. I rather shut down a lie or inaccurate statement with overwhelming evidence...that how I roll and I make no apologies. It has served me well in my life so I'm not going to stop now. So yea, just as I pull stats, videos and articles when debating basketball I will pull pics to prove personal attacks on me as false. That's not being sensitive...that's being consistent.

Maybe you did not understand me. My post was meant to get to the heart of this problem, which longtime posters know that I have also been involved in, so that we can solve things.

I believe it is a virtue to be sensitive: it means you feel. We should want to feel. What I am saying is that we all, at times, are the recipients of someone else's negative comments. We need to be sensitive to the person's frustration and less worried about our feelings about what they say, which is usually just a sign of their frustration and not why they lash out.

In the end, this [our unwillingness to focus on the heart of the problem (frustration), rather than on its manifestations (insults and the like)] does no one any good and, in fact, turns potential friends into enemies. And you are welcome to say what you like about me. I understand that it would be about your frustration, not be about me.

PEACE

Last edited:
hey OG i hope you fall off your path to enlightenment and end up a complete badass like shang tsung or somethin. keep posting regardless if that happens mate :peace:

This might be a bit premature, but you guys gotta really give D'antoni some credit here.

No, it's not premature. Praising D'Antoni is ripe right about now, because in a few days that banana is probably going to be rotten. The next month has our heroes fact-to-face against Boston, Miami, Orlando, San Antonio, Lakers, Jazz Chicago and Houston.

The Knicks are the most consistently tenacious they have been in years (there was a brief moment when Marbury and Crawford were in the playoff hunt). This has as much to do with D'Antoni has it has to do with player pride and the fact that these Knicks are not being treated like expiring contracts.

Still D'Antoni might do himself a favor if he finds a way to work Eddy Curry into the line up, even if it is for a New York minute. Curry may be very useful against the bigger teams and it is not a bad idea to increase his trade value.

Mike is trying to win and keep his job, but I will give him more credit when he starts to think outside his little box.
EddieEats_copy.jpg

KingCharles34

All Star
I think what ABCD said is fair...he said if we make the playoffs, he'll support Dantoni. If we dont, then hes got every right to hate on the guy. I still think hes an asshole myself but I will say that he appears to be improving his coaching skills. But its ABCD's choice, as Knicks fans we're very accustomed to losing. Maybe ABCD's not convinced yet, I dont blame him. I wanna see us keep playing good and keep beating teams that we should beat.

ABCD didnt come in the thread and call anybody out, he stated his opinions and then others preceded to call him out. What good will that do? Your not gonna change his mind. Not every Knicks fan should think the same way, Im glad we dont all think the same way cause then we would have nothing to talk about. Although I only partially agree with ABCD's view, I do see what hes saying and he made good points about us beating some of the easier teams, and David West not playing for the hornets.

KBlack25

Starter
I think what ABCD said is fair...he said if we make the playoffs, he'll support Dantoni. If we dont, then hes got every right to hate on the guy. I still think hes an asshole myself but I will say that he appears to be improving his coaching skills. But its ABCD's choice, as Knicks fans we're very accustomed to losing. Maybe ABCD's not convinced yet, I dont blame him. I wanna see us keep playing good and keep beating teams that we should beat.

ABCD didnt come in the thread and call anybody out, he stated his opinions and then others preceded to call him out. What good will that do? Your not gonna change his mind. Not every Knicks fan should think the same way, Im glad we dont all think the same way cause then we would have nothing to talk about. Although I only partially agree with ABCD's view, I do see what hes saying and he made good points about us beating some of the easier teams, and David West not playing for the hornets.

I agree that it is good that people have different opinions.

But when it comes to posting pictures of people and launching personal attacks over a disagreement in opinion is where the line should be drawn (on both sides). People tried to engage in intelligent debate with abcd, and abcd went off on them. TRILLION started with accusing abcd of pulling facts out of his ass, and rather than back up his assertion, abcd started using slurs.

If we can keep it civil, and have regular normal human conversations whereby someone argues their facts and their viewpoints and someone counters. Rather than accusing someone of "sucking D'Antoni's dick" or "sucking Marbury's dick" (the two viewpoints, as it were) maybe we could actually have rational and intelligent debate. Consistently, rather than do this, I have seen abcd resort to personal attacks.

It's a common thread throughout this board, rather than debate logically abcd calls someone a "faggot" and declares himself the winner of the debate. It's a sad state of affairs that people like you, who I have some measure of respect for, actually defend him. In fact, I would not be shocked if this post results in a personal attack.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
The more I think about this, it just frustrates the hell out of me watching our Knicks shoot so many three's. Until I see Randolph develop into an All Star I won't praise D'antoni one bit. Of course I'm very happy that we are finally winning but having a 6'11 guy sitting every game, I won't be a happy camper. The guy has so much potential and I see Mozgov/Williams/Walker ahead of him in the rotation. Put it simply this is bullshit basketball to me! I'm from the era of no layup rule, this type of basketball is boring to me.

Damn this thread exploded really showing the Dantoni haters. It's starting to become a double standard because if we lose it's all Dantoni's fault, however when we win it was a certain player carrying us. :teeth:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I can't complain because there's one thing D'Antoni's been doing lately.

WINNING.

Am I upset that Randolph isn't getting minutes? No doubt. Am I upset that Bill Walker hasn't had a whole lot of looks at the basket? Yeah. Am I upset that Gallo isn't getting nearly as many shots as he did earlier in the year? Yeah.

But D'Antoni's winning games. When the team starts losing games, then I'll find something to complain about. I'm not the biggest fan of his coaching style, but a win is a win.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
I'm not a fan of Mikes lack of emphasis on D. However I absolutely LOVE the fact that he has no problems benching ANYONE who thinks they are going to get away with telling him how THEY wanna play. You Van Gundy or Riles would have let that $hit ride too? Hell no! They would have benched Marbury, Curry and AR too.

Its real simple. Do what the coach tells you to do and give some effort. Excuses are for the weak minded. Ex: Marbury eating Vaseline. Curry losing $80mil. AR still has a chance. But he won't here soon if he keeps gettin caught on camera pouting on the bench.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
ABCD and Trillion are both big boys, and, if they want to antagonize each other, as they did, no one should really be taking sides. It's

ABCD made a comment and Trillion felt he had to single him out to vent some existing frustrations. That, folks, is called antagonizing someone.

ABCD went over the top in his response, but, if one lives by the sword...

NOTE: I have learned, if you leave people alone, they tend to leave you alone.

NOTE: Oftentimes, when you think you have left them alone, you have not.

IMO, it seems like someone in the organization is reading these boards. Much of my gripes have already been met. I still think the D has big holes in it, and the favoritism has been cut down. However, this team hasn't really been tested yet. When we start playing healthy teams (that are winning) we will see what kind of product the Knicks really are...

I still think replacing Gallo with Mello will keep this team in the playoff year in and year out...