Knicks @ Raptors-Dec.5

la2ny

Starter
The New York Knicks arrive in Toronto as one of the hottest teams in the NBA. Surprisingly, it's their performance on the road that has them rolling.
The Knicks can notch their longest road winning streak since 1994-95 when they face the Raptors on Sunday afternoon.
New York finished 11-30 on the road last season, but has won eight of 12 away from Madison Square Garden in 2010-11, including six consecutive victories.
The Knicks last won seven straight on the road from Dec. 27, 1994-Jan. 22, 1995.
Amare Stoudemire scored 34 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for his ninth double-double of the season as the Knicks (11-9) won 100-92 at New Orleans on Friday night.
"We knew this was going to be a game where we could measure ourselves and see how good we could be," said Stoudemire, who is averaging 35.3 points while shooting 62.5 percent from the floor over his last three games. "It was a big win for us, definitely a great step in the right direction. We're really showing how good we can be."
The Knicks, who have won eight of nine overall, are putting up 106.7 points per game -- among the best in the league -- and are averaging an even more impressive 108.8 points on the road.
While Stoudemire continues to be the focal point of the offense, his presence has opened up the perimeter for his teammates, who connected on 13 of 30 from 3-point range Friday. The Knicks are shooting 43.2 percent from long distance on their current road streak.
"I try to be a dominant force," Stoudemire said. "With the energy I try to bring forth on the basketball court, with my communication skills and my leadership role, I try to provide some confidence and swagger to us as a team and it seems to be working well."
Toronto had taken 11 of 12 from New York on its home court before losing 98-93 on Oct. 27. Stoudemire, who is averaging 23.3 points against the Raptors over his career, scored 19 and registered 10 rebounds.
Stoudemire has won his last 10 games against Toronto -- the first nine with Phoenix.
Unlike the Knicks, Toronto (8-11) has been much better at home, where it has won five of six, including an impressive win over Oklahoma City on Friday night.
The Raptors, who had yet to record a home victory when trailing at halftime, went into the break down by seven. After holding the Thunder to 36 percent shooting over the final 24 minutes, though, they won 111-99.
"It was just a very good defensive effort," Raptors coach Jay Triano said. "They had 40 points in the second half and I thought that was really good for us."
Andrea Bargnani, who leads the team with 20.9 points per game, scored 26 and recorded a season-high 12 rebounds.
Bargnani has averaged 19.5 points against the Knicks at home over his career, 5.4 more than his career average.
Toronto has seven players averaging at least 10.0 points, and with a 6-2 record over its last eight games, is optimistic about its recent success.
"We gotta believe," said Sonny Weems, who is second on the team with 12.7 points. "We're a pretty good team. Even though we might not have the superstars that everybody else has, we're a good team."
Toronto's Peja Stojakovic, who has averaged 20.4 points versus the Knicks, has missed three straight games with a knee injury and his status for this one is uncertain.

Should be 12-9 after this one on that note...
Go Ny Go!

Starting lineups:
<TABLE class=mod-data><TBODY><TR class=odd vAlign=top align=right><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">PG </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"><NOBR>R. Felton</B> 18.2</NOBR></TD></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"><NOBR>J. Calderon</B> 8.4</NOBR></TD></TR><TR class=even vAlign=top align=right><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">SG </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"><NOBR>L. Fields</B> 10.6</NOBR></TD></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"><NOBR>D. DeRozan</B> 12.4</NOBR></TD></TR><TR class=odd vAlign=top align=right><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">SF </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"><NOBR>W. Chandler</B> 16.7</NOBR></TD></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"><NOBR>S. Weems</B> 12.7</NOBR></TD></TR><TR class=even vAlign=top align=right><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">PF </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"><NOBR>D. Gallinari</B> 15.4</NOBR></TD></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"><NOBR>A. Johnson</B> 8.7</NOBR></TD></TR><TR class=odd vAlign=top align=right><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">C </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"><NOBR>A. Stoudemire</B> 24.6</NOBR></TD></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"><NOBR>A. Bargnani</B> 20.9</NOBR>
<NOBR></NOBR>
<NOBR></NOBR>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
amare-knicks-dunk-copy1.jpg

Wilson+Chandler+Dunks+On+Luis+Scola.jpg

danilo_gallinari_main4.jpg

alg_landry_fields_milicic.jpg

image.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
It look like alot of members did not like my comments on the 7-Man rotation
in New Orleans. Which did lead to a suprise Knick win with a huge boost from
player Shawn Williams.

This game vs the 8-11 Raptors (6-4 at home), I will not take so lightly as an
easy Knick win inwhich alot of members are probably looking at since we beat
the Raptors at home in our first game of the season (Evans is out, and Jack is gone) easy win right?
Do the Knicks have the players to beat the Raptors by 10 or more points? Hell Yeah!
do we have the right headcoach? Hell No!
Is Kiyaman always right? hell no!
Do Kiyaman know his Knicks? hell Yeah!
Since Holzman & Chekette

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I`ll be watching here in England. My Knicks T-shirt has finally arrived from NBA.com shop so I`ll be christening it by wearing it during the game.

Come on New York, we can take this one.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I'm at work and all I have is my laptop... if someone could post a live feed that would be greatly appreciated... Thanks.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Great first quarter so far. Nice, slick passing. Mozgov set to check in. no fouls please Timofey.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Mozgov learning, baby steps though he has been setting better picks and drawing charges.

NO TURNOVERS in the 1st Q

I like the way that Mozgov is learning. he seems to be more comfortable with the game each time. And he`s played two minutes with no fouls.lol.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Nice screen and roll by Moz but can we measure his hands... I don't get why he has such a tough time catching the ball.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
i think it`s the speed of the game. The Russian league is much slower than the NBA. He just has to adjust to the increased pace of passes and he`ll be fine. He`s getting a little better with each game.

Have patience and Mozgov will become Mozgod for us.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Pretty decent first half, I thought we could have ballooned the lead to 20 at the end, but we let up and let Toronto come back. Strong games by STAT and Felton, hopefully they can keep it up.

I thought the offense started to slow when we let douglas run the point. It started killing momentum when we could have pushed it to 20pt lead.

Need to come out swinging next half:gony:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we have to kill them while their down, we cant keep letting them have that glimmer of hope that they can come back. we have to beat them while their down.

im liking what im seeing from STAT and felton so far, chandler is beasting. continue to find him. fields is having a solid game and douglas is starting to get in form again