Iggy being shopped

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70420/20101205/76ers_attempting_to_trade_iguodala/

What you guys think? Good for the team, bad for the team, not worth it.. we can trade curry and maybe azzy... it'll put us up there in the talks of top teams with

Felton
Andre
Gallo
STAT
Turiaf

with Chandler, Fields, Douglas, Mozgov, Williams coming off the bench...

Not sure how I feel about it though. Kills our cap for upcoming years... It's a big risk to take, plus i feel as if Chandler would eventually become as good as Iguodala. Then agan... no talks about it as of yet

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70420/20101205/76ers_attempting_to_trade_iguodala/

What you guys think? Good for the team, bad for the team, not worth it.. we can trade curry and maybe azzy... it'll put us up there in the talks of top teams with

Felton
Andre
Gallo
STAT
Turiaf

with Chandler, Fields, Douglas, Mozgov, Williams coming off the bench...

Not sure how I feel about it though. Kills our cap for upcoming years... It's a big risk to take, plus i feel as if Chandler would eventually become as good as Iguodala. Then agan... no talks about it as of yet

Eddy Curry's expiring 11 million dollars is worth more than IGGY, IMO. To me, we only trade Curry if we are getting Melo or a player of his caliber. Why? Because Curry's expiring is the only way we can afford Melo in the offseason.
Iggy is a nice player, but he's not the dominant scorer/shooter to put us over the top like Melo is.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Iggy's a good player but I fail to see why he's that much better than Wilson Chandler to the point where it's worth trading and ruining our salary cap for him.

Contract is bad and would eliminate us from the Carmelo sweepstakes.

Scribbles

Rotation player
I wouldn't trade for Iggy but maybe he can be involved in a three team deal in which we acquire Melo and Den gets Iggy and other pieces.

It would be a bad idea to trade for Iggy, I fear the chemistry the team has built would be damaged.

The only trade the Knicks should make is for Melo.

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
Iggy's a good player but I fail to see why he's that much better than Wilson Chandler to the point where it's worth trading and ruining our salary cap for him.

Contract is bad and would eliminate us from the Carmelo sweepstakes.

co-sign^^ and Melo then signs with the Nets or Bulls. Iggy won't be a FA till 2014. I would trade for him if he's still on the market and Melo is somewhere else.

STAT is in his prime now and if Iggy is the best we can get go for it...

He turns 27 in Janurary so he's still young and also going into his prime.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Iguodala can be very complementary to D'antoni's way of play and will be a threat. I'm not totally into trading for him but I can see the team being much better with him. Iguodala will have less pressure on him with Amare down low and would be a beast in fastbreak points. Andre can have his best seasons with the Knicks by being on a balanced team rather than being the star player. The team's defense would be solid with him and maybe can look for a Center in the off-season.

The Knicks are looking good and you never want to rush into anything. I like to think about how the team is doing now but in the back of our minds we now they can become better. Melo is still the first choice but if it doesn't look like we can get him I'm not oppose to the trade.

mafra

Legend
No thanks. Have to wait on Melo. Until that train leaves the station, we have to wait.... And, as a fall back, we can give large contract to Marc Gasol or Tyson Chandler plus other spare parts.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think you make that decision close to or on the trade deadline. If Melo is traded to another team or extends with Denver, you pull the trigger on Iggy ASAP!!!! You can most likely get him for just Curry's contract! He is better than Chandler and that is with out saying... Maybe chandler is a light better 3 point shooter but Iggy's D is dominate and head and shoulders above Chandler!!! His defensive prowess blows away chandler as well.... I would trade for Iggy and in the off season see if I can sign Chandler for like 30/35 MIL for 5 years, if not I let him walk....

petescud

Starter
I'll pass. Our team is set aside from maybe another big man if Turiaff or Gov gets injured. Melo or equal or Bust

KBlack25

Starter
Echoing much of the above...this move would not really improve us I don't think and it would overall hurt us in the salary cap game.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
why not inquire about OJ Mayo? but of course us getting him would be us not pursuing Melo;

i did a trade on ESPN trade machine and its

KNICKS- MAYO and marvin williams

GRIZZLIES- mike bibby

HAWKS- eddy curry

that would make a lot of sense although giving us a lot of small forwards in Williams, Chandler and Gallo

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
why not inquire about OJ Mayo? but of course us getting him would be us not pursuing Melo;

i did a trade on ESPN trade machine and its

KNICKS- MAYO and marvin williams

GRIZZLIES- mike bibby

HAWKS- eddy curry

that would make a lot of sense although giving us a lot of small forwards in Williams, Chandler and Gallo

How does that make sense for the Grizzlies or Hawks????

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
well the grizzlies are playing Henry now as their starter and we all know that Mayo wants to start. and bibby will give them a PG to help conley develop. for the hawks they get a expiring contract in Curry that could help them resign Smith.

the trade wasnt my idea i read it on bleacher report so i decided to try it and see if it works. ill tell you one thing it definitely helps us

iSaYughh

Starter
Really like Iggy. Cool player. Passer. Rebounder, defense, scoring, size. Young.

But we need a center. Centers are going to be available. Ones we want and need.

Unless we feel we don't have the golden shot at Melo we seem to, we don't do this.

If he does, then sure. Iggy and Gasol and and Chandler and we pray Gallo becomes real legit and we then are bigtime with a legit future:

Felton
Iggy
Gallo
STAT
M.Gasol
BENCH: Turiaf, Chandler, Douglas, Williams, Walker, AR, Moz

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I agree that if we needed a SG we go for OJ Mayo instead of Iguodala. Mayo's a good defender, a good scorer, doesn't carry an albatross contract, and he's a much better 3-point shooter than Iggy is.

Mayo's a solid player so to get him we'd probably have to give up Wilson Chandler. Unlike with the Rudy Fernandez deal, though, at least Mayo is considered getting equal value in the trade.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The 2 spot, IMO, is safe without OJ Mayo or Iguodala.

Mayo's a solid player so to get him we'd probably have to give up Wilson Chandler. Unlike with the Rudy Fernandez deal, though, at least Mayo is considered getting equal value in the trade.

Personally, I don't think Chandler for Mayo is a good/fair trade for NY. With Azubuike soon (apparently) to crack the rotation, and Fields playing such incredible basketball, adding Mayo, who was recently relegated to Memphis' bench, would be jumping the gun.

I say jumping the gun because we have yet to see what Azu will bring. He's a renowned defender, shooter and open court player. If he contributes, we will most likely be able to re-sign him to a contract similar to his current one: not exceeding $4M per.

Considering that we may well keep Chandler at approximately $6-7M (CBA pending) per year, we may be able to keep the two of them for around $11M or less.

Mayo's contract balloons out to $7.3M in '12/'13 and has a qualifying offer.

I know there are a lot of 'ifs' in this post, but still I don't think we'll need Mayo. We definitely don't need Iguodala.

I'd prefer to see what Azu's going to bring as a back up and keep Wil's versatile defensive game. Douglas, as well, can bring his intangibles to the 2. Fields, obviously, is a big factor in our recent success.

We have 4 players capable of playing @ SG:

Douglas
Landry
Wil
Azubuike

Wilson is the only one of those 4 players that can also guard big bodied 3s and 4s. I think that his absence would be sorely missed considering that.

☆Even as a 20 game rookie, I'd say Fields is quickly catching, and will almost certainly exceed Mayo as a player.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Echoing much of the above...this move would not really improve us I don't think and it would overall hurt us in the salary cap game.

Do not agree with your cap comment.... The Knicks are structured right now to get 2 more MAX contracts over the next 2 years on top of the 1 they did get... That being said, Iggy is NOT a max contract. He averages about 6/7 mil a year less than a max...
So the Knicks structured their cap to get 2 max agents this year and we got 1... We wanted James that didn't happen so now we are going after Melo. If we get Melo, there's the second. They brought in Felton as a stop gap measure until we can land either; Parker, Williams, Paul or Nash... That would be the third. Now, if Felton and Amare continue the way they are; you keep Felton, you would not break up that chemistry and you would eventually resign him for about 5 years 45/50 Mil... If Melo goes to NJ or resigns with Denver, you trade for Iggy. Based on your original salary structure; you could have both Iggy and Felton for the same price as 1 max player leaving another 16/17 MIL on the table to still sign a few more pieces to round out this roster. You could resign Chandler and bring in a nice backup PG and maybe even resign Turiaf if he stays healthy. To me, Iggy is not Melo but he also is not a huge drop off either so we might not get Melo but we could get Iggy and multiple role players that makes the sum a greater value than the one.....