Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iggy being shopped

Default Iggy being shopped

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What you guys think? Good for the team, bad for the team, not worth it.. we can trade curry and maybe azzy... it'll put us up there in the talks of top teams with

Felton
    Andre
    Gallo
    STAT
    Turiaf

with Chandler, Fields, Douglas, Mozgov, Williams coming off the bench...

Not sure how I feel about it though. Kills our cap for upcoming years... It's a big risk to take, plus i feel as if Chandler would eventually become as good as Iguodala. Then agan... no talks about it as of yet

Originally Posted by bboycustom92
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What you guys think? Good for the team, bad for the team, not worth it.. we can trade curry and maybe azzy... it'll put us up there in the talks of top teams with

Felton
    Andre
    Gallo
    STAT
    Turiaf

with Chandler, Fields, Douglas, Mozgov, Williams coming off the bench...

Not sure how I feel about it though. Kills our cap for upcoming years... It's a big risk to take, plus i feel as if Chandler would eventually become as good as Iguodala. Then agan... no talks about it as of yet

Eddy Curry's expiring 11 million dollars is worth more than IGGY, IMO. To me, we only trade Curry if we are getting Melo or a player of his caliber. Why? Because Curry's expiring is the only way we can afford Melo in the offseason.
    Iggy is a nice player, but he's not the dominant scorer/shooter to put us over the top like Melo is.

Veteran

Iggy's a good player but I fail to see why he's that much better than Wilson Chandler to the point where it's worth trading and ruining our salary cap for him.

Contract is bad and would eliminate us from the Carmelo sweepstakes.

I wouldn't trade for Iggy but maybe he can be involved in a three team deal in which we acquire Melo and Den gets Iggy and other pieces.

It would be a bad idea to trade for Iggy, I fear the chemistry the team has built would be damaged.

The only trade the Knicks should make is for Melo.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Iggy's a good player but I fail to see why he's that much better than Wilson Chandler to the point where it's worth trading and ruining our salary cap for him.

Contract is bad and would eliminate us from the Carmelo sweepstakes.
    co-sign^^ and Melo then signs with the Nets or Bulls. Iggy won't be a FA till 2014. I would trade for him if he's still on the market and Melo is somewhere else.

STAT is in his prime now and if Iggy is the best we can get go for it...

He turns 27 in Janurary so he's still young and also going into his prime.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Iguodala can be very complementary to D'antoni's way of play and will be a threat. I'm not totally into trading for him but I can see the team being much better with him. Iguodala will have less pressure on him with Amare down low and would be a beast in fastbreak points. Andre can have his best seasons with the Knicks by being on a balanced team rather than being the star player. The team's defense would be solid with him and maybe can look for a Center in the off-season.

The Knicks are looking good and you never want to rush into anything. I like to think about how the team is doing now but in the back of our minds we now they can become better. Melo is still the first choice but if it doesn't look like we can get him I'm not oppose to the trade.

No thanks. Have to wait on Melo. Until that train leaves the station, we have to wait.... And, as a fall back, we can give large contract to Marc Gasol or Tyson Chandler plus other spare parts.

I think you make that decision close to or on the trade deadline. If Melo is traded to another team or extends with Denver, you pull the trigger on Iggy ASAP!!!! You can most likely get him for just Curry's contract! He is better than Chandler and that is with out saying... Maybe chandler is a light better 3 point shooter but Iggy's D is dominate and head and shoulders above Chandler!!! His defensive prowess blows away chandler as well.... I would trade for Iggy and in the off season see if I can sign Chandler for like 30/35 MIL for 5 years, if not I let him walk....

I'll pass. Our team is set aside from maybe another big man if Turiaff or Gov gets injured. Melo or equal or Bust

Echoing much of the above...this move would not really improve us I don't think and it would overall hurt us in the salary cap game.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

why not inquire about OJ Mayo? but of course us getting him would be us not pursuing Melo;

i did a trade on ESPN trade machine and its

KNICKS- MAYO and marvin williams

GRIZZLIES- mike bibby

HAWKS- eddy curry

that would make a lot of sense although giving us a lot of small forwards in Williams, Chandler and Gallo

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    why not inquire about OJ Mayo? but of course us getting him would be us not pursuing Melo;

i did a trade on ESPN trade machine and its

KNICKS- MAYO and marvin williams

GRIZZLIES- mike bibby

HAWKS- eddy curry

that would make a lot of sense although giving us a lot of small forwards in Williams, Chandler and Gallo

How does that make sense for the Grizzlies or Hawks????

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

well the grizzlies are playing Henry now as their starter and we all know that Mayo wants to start. and bibby will give them a PG to help conley develop. for the hawks they get a expiring contract in Curry that could help them resign Smith.

the trade wasnt my idea i read it on bleacher report so i decided to try it and see if it works. ill tell you one thing it definitely helps us

Veteran

Really like Iggy. Cool player. Passer. Rebounder, defense, scoring, size. Young.

But we need a center. Centers are going to be available. Ones we want and need.

Unless we feel we don't have the golden shot at Melo we seem to, we don't do this.

If he does, then sure. Iggy and Gasol and and Chandler and we pray Gallo becomes real legit and we then are bigtime with a legit future:

Felton
    Iggy
    Gallo
    STAT
    M.Gasol
    BENCH: Turiaf, Chandler, Douglas, Williams, Walker, AR, Moz