Knicks looking for a backup PG

Kiyaman

Legend
Yet another Kiyaman thread that responds to nothing and goes off on some wild tangent. You gotta give him props for spending all that wonderful time adding bold and color to his posts.

I don't think we're looking to replace Douglas. I believe we're looking for a 3rd string point guard who comes deep off the bench. When the matchups are right that means Douglas can play even more at the 2. The team is still extremely young so its great to watch them keep improving. I just hope it keeps up.

The reason why I believe a big 6.6 guard with tripple-double skills and
great defense (Terrence Williams) would be the final puzzle player for
our backcourt rotation.
Felton/Fields/Douglas/T.Williams

moneyg

Starter
The reason why I believe a big 6.6 guard with tripple-double skills and
great defense (Terrence Williams) would be the final puzzle player for
our backcourt rotation.
Felton/Fields/Douglas/T.Williams

the nets would want too much ... .

besides ..... O'antoni woould bench him quick

dont need another nate

maybe with our better leadership.... might work but a gamble

no alston.... havent seen him play recently

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya why do you consider the Felton & Amare Signings as failures? Those two are our best players and were the best players available during the summer. We had no choice but to tank 2 years there was no other way to move forward.

The Knicks needed to rid themselves of Isiah and his decisions. This meant contracts and a losing culture. Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph and company would get us to the playoffs but we would have no cap room to build a contender and our rookies would be stunted by their presence. David Lee became an All-Star and got us valuable pieces in return , that was made possible by trading away Zach Randolph.

Sure looking back some decisions may not have been optimal like the Houston trade which cost us draft picks. But we took a calculated risk and if you ever want to win big you got to take some risks. While we may have not landed Lebron James or Wade, we were fortunate to get the best PF and best PG available, thats a pretty good consolation prize. We are also in position to pick up Carmelo or trade for Chris Paul. If Felton somehow makes it to the All-Star game his stock could even go higher and perhaps help fetch a Chris Paul. If not we are only playing 7.5 Mil Per for arguably a top 10-15 PG who could very well fit into our future if we cannot acquire Paul.

Don't forget all the assets we have... Young talent, short term desirable contracts, legitimate superstar in Amare to build around. How is this not progress? Consider we are playing great despite a sketchy coach, sketchy play from Gallo, and a team that has not fully reached its potential from a chemistry standpoint. Even I, a huge skeptic can see the upside we have and progress Walsh and D'Antoni have made.

We did not have to tank any seasons to get rid of 4 long contracts
(Zach/Curry/Crawford/Jefferies).
The 2007-8 Chicago Bulls roster, and the 16 win Miami Heat roster is
the proof of that.
The only positive trade Walsh made was the Harrington for Crawford trade.

Amare is an All-Star since winning the ROY award. He's not worth $100M.
Felton is "now" playing the best ball he ever played in his previous 5 years with the Bobcats.

The exellent defense we been getting from the 3 position PG/SG/SF (Douglas/Fields/and Chandler) has paid off in stops and Knick wins.
Alot of NBA teams dont have defensive coverage like that.

iSaYughh

Starter
I do agree with Kiya that getting Terrence Williams on the cheap would be a STEAL.

Beasely Trade Light.

Let's get him for two 2nds.

Getting him would be very savvy, and potentially a brilliant payoff.

Williams played very well last year, particularly as get got more minutes and repsonasbility towards the end.

He only got sent down this year because he has problems with Jersey and Nets management.

It has NOTHING to do with talent or his play. It's 100% punishment, and an absurd, rare move by the Nets.

Maybe we can get a T-Wolves pg. Especially if they resolution on Rubio.

GetRealistic

Starter
The Nets aren't going to give up on Terrance Williams yet. He's a second year player with big time talent. Avery Johnson just got fed up with his immaturity and sent him a message.

Trust me were not getting T-Will without giving up Fields, Chandler, or Gallo. Not to mention the thread asked for a backup PG and T-will ain't a point guard.

metrocard

Legend
Antonio Daniels????

v7cqc8.gif

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
i like antonio 2 because even when felton is not in toney could still defend the 1 and anotonio the 2 and he solid back up we should just try to trade roger and walker for some pick some 2nd rounders and if there a dumb team that will give us a late 1st even better lolz and just pick uo antonio and steve hunter he sucks offensely but could come in and block and rebound i also like alston

There's been rumurs of getting Sebastian Telfair (Marbury Cousin), since the T-wolves will be getting back Johnny Flynn. Brooklyn born, along with Mello will give real meaning to the name Knickerbockers. I'm not sure if I want him, but imo, players with a NY background knows and feels the beat to this city. I just hope he isn't as much of a head case like his cuz.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i would rather get Alston or something a low cost quality PG who could run an offense and hit the open shot. thats what D'Antoni wants so i doubt he settles for anyone else.

but i read on realgm that Donnie is looking to acquire a big man to help our front court thats, what i like to hear. that allows us to give Turiaf and STAT some extra rest on the bench. i know theres going to be a lot of rumors floating around once Dec.15 comes.

i personally think we should try and see what it would cost to get Mayo

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
There's been rumurs of getting Sebastian Telfair (Marbury Cousin), since the T-wolves will be getting back Johnny Flynn. Brooklyn born, along with Mello will give real meaning to the name Knickerbockers. I'm not sure if I want him, but imo, players with a NY background knows and feels the beat to this city. I just hope he isn't as much of a head case like his cuz.

Fack all that "players w NY background" bullsh8t..

We need players that mesh w what we're doing on offense. Idk if telfair would be that great of a fit. He's just as inept at running an O as Douglas, w/out the defense.

Thas just dumb.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer

We need players that mesh w what we're doing on offense. Idk if telfair would be that great of a fit. He's just as inept at running an O as Douglas, w/out the defense.

Thas just dumb.

Yeah we already got Toney to score, Telfair would be a disaster the second coming of Marbury.

Thas just dumb.

Personally, I rather Skip because he's more of an distributor with a great handle. Either one of these guys can produce coming off the pine. They are showtime ballers from this city, and imo, I think they can fiit well in a run and gun system...especially in NY...where these 2 should have an advantage. Every NBA player from NY dreams of playing here, and giving our NBA team name...it makes sense to give the most talented NBA NY players a shot to play here. If nothing else, it will be great for entertainment. There really isn't anyone else that I see fitting, I don't see the harm in getting one of these guys to be a back up PG.