Trading

NYK89

Rookie
I am confused about these trades. Both the Jamal Crawford deal and Kurt Thomas deal cant go down because Shandon Anderson is in both isnt that correct? I think for giving up Kurt Thomas and Shandon, which we dont want anyway, to get Antoine Walker and Erik Dampier would be great for us but that wont leave us wit enuff cap space for Jamal. If they do take Moochie will be able to pay Jamal as much as the Bulls are willing to pay? Are these trades good? Who could we possibly get from Antoine Walker if Isiah wanted to trade him?

NYK89

Rookie
i would rather have Jurt for Zydraunus Ilgaukus because of his height and rebounding capabilities. Maybe if the cavs like walker more we could something more for Walker. Maybe ilgauskus and another. Walker is slowly disentegrating. I dont see him as a key player in their lineup.

nycballa91

Benchwarmer
i dont thionk the knicks need ilgaukus cause they got a lot of pf and a few centers and ther pretty decent. we should save our $ and people 4 crawfod and othea guys

JJtheKnick

Starter
we need more centers. because the knicks in the post is not very good. and shaq might come to the east and that mean trouble for us. we need centers to gaurd agaist him.

newmove

Rotation player
We do not need more centers. We need only one in addition but a decent one. Like JO, Big Ben, Jamaal - those are people that play with their heart. As for me Kurt fits this team very well. Since Crowford is up with the team I think it's all set. No need to make dumb trades like Orlando. We must build over the present team so we could evaluate.
Jerome Williams and J Crowford are up so I say it's decent. We've got Stephon, Allan, Tim, Penny... Damn, we are tight! So wtf else do we need? Let's go and win it all. I say fuck Shaq, let's go and win the fucking thing. And no need whipping around "oh Jes' we need Ilgauskas, oh God we need Walker". Oh my God, you need mr.clark, because I don't need anyone else - I see a great team that can win the Championship for the New York City! And if you don't see it then you're blind. Fuck Ilgauskas! Let's win it all!

WiL8000

Rotation player
I think Ilgauskas would be a decent pickup. I'd hate to see K.Thomas go in order to get him though. If that needs to happen to make the trade, then I say do it. I'd rather that the Knicks pick up Ilgauskas instead of getting Walker for Kurt Thomas.

newmove

Rotation player
WiL8000 said:
I think Ilgauskas would be a decent pickup. I'd hate to see K.Thomas go in order to get him though. If that needs to happen to make the trade, then I say do it. I'd rather that the Knicks pick up Ilgauskas instead of getting Walker for Kurt Thomas.
As the matter of fact, yeah that would be more suitable because we are weak on center position. Big Zy for smaller Kurt would give us advantage in the paint and will open some room for forwards. But I like Kurt so much and I wouldn't want him to leave.
Speaking of Walker, yeah he ain't that good but... He can score, pass, rebound, defend and run the team... If it was on option I would've traded him for Jerome (damn, no1 will take it but hell!).

Have you guys heard any news on Houston rehab? How's he going? Damn, we're stuck with him... If he get's it all fall into the place before the season starts then thanks Godness, we're safe, but if he doesn't?.. He's got bloated contract, and he's getting older and now it's his injury... I wish we could get Spree back... That would be more than great. Just imagine: Steph, Jamaal, Allan, Spree, TT, Vin and Kurt on one team...

keyindabox

Benchwarmer
I like Kurt too but I think it would be beter if we had Big Z instead of Kurt. He is taller and can go post or he can shoot near the perimeter. That would cause some trouble for Centers like Shaq. And with Big Z as our center in a Eastern Conference which is lacking big men, we would have an advantage.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Crawford deal did not go through yet, and from what I been reading in the papers most likely won't. So YESSSS we do need a center and Isiah better make it quick before they are all gone.

JJtheKnick

Starter
plus shaq is coming to the east. i know we wont see him every day but what about the playoffs we need a center to gaurd shaq as best they can. i say get dampier.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
ive been hearing much more about dampier now and how the knicks r pursuing him, i think a big man like him would be most needed, the guy averaged 12 rebounds per game, thats beast

6thman

Benchwarmer
LiViNtOoLiVe said:
im kinda disappointed, dampier should've been the priority, THEN crawford

That's true, why does Thomas want Crawford sooo much????? OK we need a small guard to replace Houston if he's not healthy but it would be better if we could get a good center!!

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Thomas needs to make a miracle by making a trade to get rid of anderson and clear up some salary cap room so that he can offer Crawford and Dampier the money they are looking for. Who knows the Bulls are trying to screw Crawford out of the money he wants. Maybe the Knicks could offer him an one year deal then offer him more money next season. I would much rather prefer that if I was Crawford than to take a five or six year contract with the Bulls that are trying to pay him much less than he is looking for.

knicks aren't gonna move enough of their bad contracts so that they are under teh salary cap and sign with more than jsut the MLE and LLE ANYTIME SOON...they need to spend high and win like minnesota tried this year, its their only chance for a few years