Finding A 5

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Is tricky!

But with Turiaf's knee concerns, it's definitely important for the Knicks to seek some size insurance. The problem is, just like backup point guards, finding a good big man won't be easy. Here's where you Barronites will quickly point out that Earl The Pearl Barron is now starting for the Phoenix Suns, who have won three straight. Duly noted.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...lineup-continue-to-have-big-results-1.2522975

Randolph and The Gov need to start bringing some game. I can't seem to come up with anything in a trade scenario.

PEJ could have played some 4 for us, instead of Rautins being a bench lesbian. Still hate that Andy Rautins got in ahead of PEJ.

Anyway, if anyone dares the endeavour of finding an additional big, GOOD LUCK.

Eddy Curry is banned from being mentioned in this thread, under threat of being raped by Eddy himself.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
This may surprise folks, but over the summer I was one of the few on these boards in agreement w Kiya that we should've kept him. That kid can play.. Shame.

That was one of the few times I've agreed w the man.

dave2138

Rotation player
I've heard Marc Gasol's name a lot, but what about Nene from Denver? He'll opt out after this season once he sees Carmelo Anthony sign elsewhere. I'd rank this off seasons FA centers:

1. Nene
2. Tyson Chandler
3. Marc Gasol (only 3rd because he is most likely to resign)

All 3 should get around 12 mil/year.

Gallinari + Curry for Nene and 2011 1st round pick. Trade 1st round pick for Rudy Fernandez.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I've heard Marc Gasol's name a lot, but what about Nene from Denver? He'll opt out after this season once he sees Carmelo Anthony sign elsewhere. I'd rank this off seasons FA centers:

1. Nene
2. Tyson Chandler

Gallinari + Curry for Nene and 2011 1st round pick. Trade 1st round pick for Rudy Fernandez.

The premise here is an immediate trade or signing. Not an off-season one. Looking to find some lenience for STAT and Ronnie as the season progresses and the schedule worsens.

welcometonycity

Rotation player

1. Nene
2. Tyson Chandler

knicks aint givin up galo dummy

welcometonycity

Rotation player
denvers losing to the bobcats lol. after carmelo comes i guarentee one of those 3 centers hop on the roster by next year. bright futute ahead with a good team now as it is

dave2138

Rotation player
alright, how about Jeff Foster? Not good at all, but veteran player and contract expires at the end of the season. He's 3rd on the depth chart now behind Hibbert and Solomon Jones so could be had for nothing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3344/news;_ylt=AowXU5zAXL21DKe.rSSBrTBiPKB4

Dec 5 Foster has slipped behind Solomon Jones on the Pacers' depth chart at center, the Indianapolis Star reports.Recommendation: Foster, who opened the season behind Jones and then had an ankle injury, was getting some run in mid-November before his back flared up. Jones used that opportunity to become more active on the boards and that's been working for coach Jim O'Brien. "I have a great deal of confidence with Jeff," O'Brien said. "I think Jeff's a hell of a player. We have Roy [Hibbert], who is getting 30 minutes a game. That leaves you with 18 minutes. You can't go nine (minutes) and nine (minutes). If we're only playing Roy 20 minutes a game, we can play everybody."

dave2138

Rotation player
denvers losing to the bobcats lol. after carmelo comes i guarentee one of those 3 centers hop on the roster by next year. bright futute ahead with a good team now as it is

Don't have enough money for Carmelo and 1 of those centers without giving up Gallinari + Turiaf and Randolph most likely... dummy..

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Don't have enough money for Carmelo and 1 of those centers without giving up Gallinari + Turiaf and Randolph most likely... dummy..

ok so u are retarted. were definetly not giving up galo dummy, we will lose AR and Chandler in the long run and we will indeed get a center n carmelo DUMMY. u just dont like galo cas u dum DUMMY. it will be more like curry+chandler for Nene:gony: ur a lil slow its ok papi

dave2138

Rotation player
Melvin Ely and Jeff Foster would be my best guesses for 10-15 min/game back up centers they could pick up right away on December 15.