Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Melo wants to be dealt to NY but Denver wants to deal with NJ

  1. #1
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Melo wants to be dealt to NY but Denver wants to deal with NJ

    The never ending struggle!


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Team Melo FTW!

  3. #3
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    **** Denver. They insist on not trading him to where he wants to go. Nets suck lmao! They just don't wanna give Melo what he wants.

  4. #4
    Member keyser soze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    bay area, california
    Posts
    391
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    OK, so, assuming the tidbits in this article are factually correct (a big assumption, IMO), the Nuggets are just lost. Either A) They are woefully underrating the Knicks young talent, B) They are totally overrating the Nets young talent, or C) They are just deadset against trading Melo to his desired destination out of spite. And all three possibilities would be a striking indictment of Denver's front office and a clear indication of their embarrassing lack of competence.

  5. #5
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    If we get Melo, we're automatically a contender. It's over for Celts, Lakers and Heat, if Melo is paired with STAT.

  6. #6
    Member serendipity10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    The Nets draft picks adding on to the Nuggets other picks will be a big step to rebuilding the team plus they also get Harris. You can see why this trade will help the Nuggets, but the trade will screw Melo's chance of ever winning the championship. This is why the trade will simply not happen.

    If the Nuggets do pull off the trade, I agree on the second option in the article.

    Speaking of Madison Square Garden, rival execs agree that New York would be a logical landing spot for Andre Iguodala, and they believe the Sixers will be more than open to discussing trades for the dynamic but high-priced swingman as the Feb. 24 deadline approaches. The Knicks, one of the few teams in a position to absorb salary in the uncertain labor environment, also would be looking for an attractive piece to pair with Stoudemire in the event the Nuggets follow through with an Anthony trade prior to the deadline. Team president Donnie Walsh would have to decide if, short of Anthony, Iguodala is the best option that will be available to him between now and 2011 free agency -- if and when that happens. And also, if Iguodala is worth giving up the cap flexibility he's toiled three years to create. Pricetag notwithstanding -- the 26-year-old is due $56.5 million over the next four years -- Iguodala would be an excellent fit for Mike D'Antoni's high-octane offense and would instantly become the best defender on the roster by a mile.

  7. #7
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I don't understand the fascination that teams have with first round picks.Teams like the Blazers, Rockets, and Nuggets won't trade their talent unless they get first round picks in return yet most of these first rounders end up becoming either role players or draft busts.How many early first rounders have the Clippers and Bulls had in the last decade that did nothing to better their franchises? Why can't the Nuggets just settle for already established talent like Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler instead of trading Melo for a draft pick that could end up becoming the next Darko Milicic or Greg Oden? Do they think that whichever pick they acquire from the Nets will become the next Kevin Durant? I'm just tired of teams' unwillingness to trade with the Knicks because of their dislike for the Knicks and their players.

  8. #8
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Good thing MELO has all the leverage. He goes to NY or he doesn't sign an extension. Without the extension, DEN can't trade him. IF they do find a team willing to rent him, they wont get a better package than the one we can offer.

    SO, ball is totally in MELO's court. Let's see what he really wants.

    KNICKS playing so well right now only makes the urge to come here that much greater, no?

  9. #9
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i love that were waiting it out, Walsh is smart. its evident Melo wants to be here, everyone in the NBA knows that. and were doing the right things to make it happen. Play it slow and Denver WILL get desperate as the deadline approaches, we could get him in a fair deal. They want a gamechanger in return, and thats delusional no team in the NBA will give that up. sure favors has the potential to be one but so does Randolph. they'll give in Melo sees us winning these games and wants to be here even more cause a starting 5 of Felton, Fields, melo, STAT and Turiaf with Gallo or Chandler( probably Gallo ) as our 6th man makes us instant contenders this season

    in the mean time though im content with this team moving forward, i know we will make a couple of moves come the deadline (not meaning Melo) that will improve our depth so this team will get better but the core will remain intact

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    its all talk.. they have to say ny doesnt have what they want so they can try to force donnie to sweeten the offer..

    i say we hold the cards... cuz we will still make the playoffs with or without melo.

    melos is signing with us next year.. he is not signing an extension with anybody else

  11. #11
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I don't understand the fascination that teams have with first round picks.Teams like the Blazers, Rockets, and Nuggets won't trade their talent unless they get first round picks in return yet most of these first rounders end up becoming either role players or draft busts.How many early first rounders have the Clippers and Bulls had in the last decade that did nothing to better their franchises? Why can't the Nuggets just settle for already established talent like Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler instead of trading Melo for a draft pick that could end up becoming the next Darko Milicic or Greg Oden? Do they think that whichever pick they acquire from the Nets will become the next Kevin Durant? I'm just tired of teams' unwillingness to trade with the Knicks because of their dislike for the Knicks and their players.
    I agree 100%! Also, what is the facination with Favors??? If things keep going the way there are, Fields will beat him out for rookie of the year... Fields looks like he is the real deal and he is proving that he can be a starter on almost any team. Draft picks are a gamble.. We have seen time and time again draft picks that had such high expectations fall flat. If they were to get Chandler (or Gallo) and Fields in the deal for Melo; that is a great nucleous to start building around. But, if Denver refuses to deal with NY it is sounding more and more like Iggy IS NY's fallback plan and we will get him without giving up our nucleous!

  12. #12
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I agree 100%! Also, what is the facination with Favors??? If things keep going the way there are, Fields will beat him out for rookie of the year... Fields looks like he is the real deal and he is proving that he can be a starter on almost any team. Draft picks are a gamble.. We have seen time and time again draft picks that had such high expectations fall flat. If they were to get Chandler (or Gallo) and Fields in the deal for Melo; that is a great nucleus to start building around. But, if Denver refuses to deal with NY it is sounding more and more like Iggy IS NY's fallback plan and we will get him without giving up our nucleous!
    I guess since Fields and Chandler weren't top 5 draft picks, teams that want to rebuild don't consider them valuable pieces for the long term.If this trend is going to continue, the only chance the Knicks will have at a blockbuster trade is if they trade Stoudemire and Felton for first round picks.

    What the heck has Favors done in the NBA to garner so much value? I know he is just starting out his NBA career, but the guy is more unproven than Gallo and Gallo isn't even considered the Knicks' most valuable trading asset.And I don't understand why the Nuggets would want Favors when they already have Nene and Chris Andersen as their front court.I just think that the real reason why Denver is more willing to trade Melo to the Nets is because they'd rather see him waste his career on a trashy team than win a championship on a team that already has an established superstar in Amar'e Stoudemire.
    Last edited by knicksin60; Dec 09, 2010 at 11:44.

  13. #13
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I guess since Fields and Chandler weren't top 5 draft picks, teams that want to rebuild don't consider them valuable pieces for the long term.If this trend is going to continue, the only chance the Knicks will have at a blockbuster trade is if they trade Stoudemire and Felton for first round picks.

    What the heck has Favors done in the NBA to garner so much value? I know he is just starting out his NBA career, but the guy is more unproven than Gallo and Gallo isn't even considered the Knicks' most valuable trading asset.And I don't understand why the Nuggets would want Favors when they already have Nene and Chris Andersen as their front court.I just think that the real reason why Denver is more willing to trade Melo to the Nets is because they'd rather see him waste his career on a trashy team than win a championship on a team that already has an established superstar.
    Manu wasn't a top 10 pick either, in fact he was the 57th pick! I don't think he would be labled the same way... I think it is more a Knicks thing where Denver looks at players from the Knicks as less than desireable. Same guys on NJ or Golden State would be looked upon totally different!?!?!?!?!

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I don't understand the fascination that teams have with first round picks.Teams like the Blazers, Rockets, and Nuggets won't trade their talent unless they get first round picks in return yet most of these first rounders end up becoming either role players or draft busts.How many early first rounders have the Clippers and Bulls had in the last decade that did nothing to better their franchises? Why can't the Nuggets just settle for already established talent like Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler instead of trading Melo for a draft pick that could end up becoming the next Darko Milicic or Greg Oden? Do they think that whichever pick they acquire from the Nets will become the next Kevin Durant? I'm just tired of teams' unwillingness to trade with the Knicks because of their dislike for the Knicks and their players.
    Hundrid.

    It's dumb. And DEN should just face fck a dildo for the next year. Theyll have a better shot at getting gratification than in trying to trade Melo to NJ at this point.

    They raped themselves dissing NY and our Knicks. I hope Walsh goes for the true kill and doesn't deal **** with them. Just keep winning and growing the MSG-NYC-NYK brand to new heights, and let Melo be with STAT would Lebron wetdreamed he would be with Wade.

    DEN could have gotten Chandler-Gallo-Douglas and at least one 1st from us I bet.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I too don't understand the fascination with the first round picks.

    Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari have both been averaging above 15 PPG this season, many first-round picks are draft busts and still others find themselves in limited bench roles (ie DARKO), why the hell would you take a pick over Danilo, who has the potential to be much better (and even if he stays exactly as he is, is still better than the average first-rounder), or Chandler, who's without a doubt far superior to most starting SFs in the league?

Similar Threads

  1. The Key to the Car...melo that is
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Oct 22, 2010, 12:48
  2. Melo Reports to Denver Media Day
    By Oakman88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Sep 29, 2010, 15:48
  3. Knicks working to make a Deal with Denver
    By KnicksWillRiseAgain in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: Sep 29, 2010, 10:29
  4. Replies: 76
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2010, 13:00
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jun 13, 2008, 21:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •