Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No to 'Melo'

I'm all for getting Melo in the offseason so we don't have to gut our team. It won't help getting him now if we have to give up 3 or 4 players and use up all our cap space. Especially since our bench so far has been pretty bad. I'd rather play this season out, let Fields develop, see if Gallo can get better, maybe even see Randolph play once or twice. Been hearing about his 'potential' for two years now but don't see it.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    wow.
    bad post.
    just bad.
    Why? Because you don't agree?

Veteran

Everyone keeps worrying abt gutting the team. The major pieces in the trade will likely be guys who won't be here next year anyway. Chandler is up. He won't be here. Curry, same deal. If they want Fields, so be it. We would essentially be getting Melo for Fields since Chandler and Curry are ghost anyways. Landry Fields is replaceable, in case you guys doubt that. Melo is just better than anyone on our team. I can't even believe we are debating keeping fringe players in hopes of realized potential, vs getting one of thr most polished scorers this decade. Kidding me?

Melo will fit right into this offense. His skill set is tailor made for it. With him, this year we can challenge for the east. Without him, we may not leave round 1. What is the dilemma? Fringe players?

The fear is becoming Miami. Two stars and absolute garbage surrounding them. We'll have enough space to keep Chandler if we sign Melo in the offseason. So we can end up with Fields, Melo and Chandler instead of just Melo. Makes the team deeper.

Veteran

Damn right. Miami is good but their depth is going to run them into some issues against tough teams down the stretch I think.

We have a lot of depth on this team, if we can just add a superstar to it and cut one player (sorry, Bill Walker) then we'd be complete

Veteran

Originally Posted by knickspodcast
    The fear is becoming Miami. Two stars and absolute garbage surrounding them. We'll have enough space to keep Chandler if we sign Melo in the offseason. So we can end up with Fields, Melo and Chandler instead of just Melo. Makes the team deeper.
    That's irrational fear.

If we do trade for Melo. We will not be gutted. That's hyperbole. We will not be like MIA. That's an extreme example we won't parallel.

Also MIA has been without their best bench player the entire season, and without their 2nd best bench player for much of it.

All that aside, Melo + STAT doesnt = Lebron + Wade. Totally different people, and totally different games vs those two.

So if we trade gallo, fields, chandler and curry for melo who's our bench? We have Felton, Azibuike, Melo, STAT and Turiaf starting with.....

Douglas, Walker, Williams, Mozgov, Mason, and Randolphs potential? That 2nd unit doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, especially since Azibuike and Turiaf are injury prone and Mozgov fouls out in 12 minutes.

Veteran

There is no way we cab afford Chandler and Melo. Rudy Gay got 80 mil. He is atleast on par with him. We are not giving Will nearly that much bread. He is gone. May as well turn him into Melo

Originally Posted by knickspodcast
    So if we trade gallo, fields, chandler and curry for melo who's our bench? We have Felton, Azibuike, Melo, STAT and Turiaf starting with.....

Douglas, Walker, Williams, Mozgov, Mason, and Randolphs potential? That 2nd unit doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, especially since Azibuike and Turiaf are injury prone and Mozgov fouls out in 12 minutes.
    thats why you all are worrying. who said the knicks needed 2 give up all those players? the nuggets could take a pau gasol deal or risk taking nothing if you dont believe me just look for yourself:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hi everyone, i won't really be contructive on that one even if it's my first post but who cares for Melo.. bros let be honest, we won more games in the rows than any last seasons with great new players....
    Now no trade allowed this season, there is no slot available for him. But next one......

I"m so HAPPY, really.... as a Knick fan for ages i'm so proud of my team, proud of stat, gallo, fields and Felton... Proud for my TEAM.

GO KNICKS

LOVE FROM KNICKS FANS FROM FRANCE !!!!

Originally Posted by Oak
    Hi everyone, i won't really be contructive on that one even if it's my first post but who cares for Melo.. bros let be honest, we won more games in the rows than any last seasons with great new players....
    Now no trade allowed this season, there is no slot available for him. But next one......

I"m so HAPPY, really.... as a Knick fan for ages i'm so proud of my team, proud of stat, gallo, fields and Felton... Proud for my TEAM.

GO KNICKS

LOVE FROM KNICKS FANS FROM FRANCE !!!!
    welcome 2 KO.

i love this team,but as ive said b4 you can't pass up one of the best scorers if you can get him for next to nothing.

GO NYK

Knicks need a center more than anything else. I suppose you add Melo next year and then pursue a big man in 2012 (once more money comes off the books), but I don't think, even with Melo, the knicks are a title contender next year. Who's playing center? Rony Turiaf?

I like the way the knicks would look if they could add a M.Gasol and mello with what we currently have minus curry of course, i think a team including thoes players would battle with the elite for years to come..

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    There is no way we cab afford Chandler and Melo. Rudy Gay got 80 mil. He is atleast on par with him. We are not giving Will nearly that much bread. He is gone. May as well turn him into Melo
    on par with rudy gay???? i disagree because chandler is avg 16pts and 6 bounds,Gay is avg atleast 21pts and is a leader for that team, i say he'll stay when he sees the direction the teams going in and how it will elevate his career because wilson is a great player, he's just not a leader .

Marc Gasol's a restricted free agent, so Memphis is probably gonna match any offer for him.

If you get Melo, then that's all your cap space for the next year. No cap space to add Marc Gasol.