No to 'Melo'

la2ny

Starter
Hi everyone, i won't really be contructive on that one even if it's my first post but who cares for Melo.. bros let be honest, we won more games in the rows than any last seasons with great new players....
Now no trade allowed this season, there is no slot available for him. But next one......

I"m so HAPPY, really.... as a Knick fan for ages i'm so proud of my team, proud of stat, gallo, fields and Felton... Proud for my TEAM.

GO KNICKS

LOVE FROM KNICKS FANS FROM FRANCE !!!!
welcome 2 KO.

i love this team,but as ive said b4 you can't pass up one of the best scorers if you can get him for next to nothing.

GO NYK

Knicks need a center more than anything else. I suppose you add Melo next year and then pursue a big man in 2012 (once more money comes off the books), but I don't think, even with Melo, the knicks are a title contender next year. Who's playing center? Rony Turiaf?

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
I like the way the knicks would look if they could add a M.Gasol and mello with what we currently have minus curry of course, i think a team including thoes players would battle with the elite for years to come..

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
There is no way we cab afford Chandler and Melo. Rudy Gay got 80 mil. He is atleast on par with him. We are not giving Will nearly that much bread. He is gone. May as well turn him into Melo
on par with rudy gay???? i disagree because chandler is avg 16pts and 6 bounds,Gay is avg atleast 21pts and is a leader for that team, i say he'll stay when he sees the direction the teams going in and how it will elevate his career because wilson is a great player, he's just not a leader .

Marc Gasol's a restricted free agent, so Memphis is probably gonna match any offer for him.

If you get Melo, then that's all your cap space for the next year. No cap space to add Marc Gasol.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
on par with rudy gay???? i disagree because chandler is avg 16pts and 6 bounds,Gay is avg atleast 21pts and is a leader for that team, i say he'll stay when he sees the direction the teams going in and how it will elevate his career because wilson is a great player, he's just not a leader .

Gay also takes an average of 3.5 shots more per game than Chandler does.

If Chandler took 17 shots a game he'd probably average 20 PPG too but for us Chandler is scoring option #3 after Amar'e and Felton

iSaYughh

Starter
Gay also takes an average of 3.5 shots more per game than Chandler does.

If Chandler took 17 shots a game he'd probably average 20 PPG too but for us Chandler is scoring option #3 after Amar'e and Felton

Good point. Good comparison.

Chandler prolly isn't quite as skilled as Gay, nor the "leader".

But that could almost be a good thing. The butter of Chandler s game is perfectly suited to be a to side kick on this team. And his non-need to be a dominant personality and forc e is kinda good these days w stat, raymondo, and possibly melo.

Chandler Might not have the demeanor of Gay but he sure has a similar game I think if Chandler was the go to guy on that struggling Memphis team he would average 20-22pts 6-8rbs and 1.5blks and 1stl. We have seen flashes of how he can straight up ball when he wants to by taking it to the rack finishing and hitting that smooth midrange. If he gets his head on tight he is a great 3rd option

la2ny

Starter
Of course they are lol. they lost to the team he wants to go 2..

But how'd you think Cleveland took it when they knew Lebron was pretty much history?

Its clear he doesn't want to be there and he still put up 31 and that team isn't doing that bad but i understand where your coming from.

People might start thinking ima Melo nut hugger but im not if we could get another all star player i'd be all for it but it's not going to happen so Im trying to say what my sig says again...

Dont let what happened to Pat happen 2 Stat