No to 'Melo'

Blumatic

Rotation player
Im sorry but if we keep this team as is we are no better than the Magic. Yea they made it to the Finals but the beat a Celtic team with out Garnett. Garnett came back Magic gets eliminated in the 2nd rd in 2010.

That is why we need Melo.

Lakers, Celtics did not win with home grown talent. We need players. STAT is option number one. Melo is number 2. Felton is a good pg he will keep them both pleased.

Who on this team is a great defender. Yet many of you feel this team is fine as is. Look we beat some bad teams thats it. And we will beat some good teams this year to.

But in the playoff you are facing a good team every single night and that team studies you 10x more than in the regular season. So they will figure us out. Talent will win out.

Amar'e is 28. the time to win is now. I dont think we need Chris Paul or DWill cuz of Felton.

I would sign him next year. Or get him for nothing, but DOnnie's working it out.

metrocard

Legend
I dont understand why people are shooting down getting the third beat pure scorer in the game.

His post game is deadly, mid range deadly, and it gives us another option to run the offense through when Stat sits. Plus, he does not need to dominate the ball to score. Even if he comes at the end of the season, Wilson will still want more than we can afford to pay him, of we sign Melo.

This man plays well with teammates, he will fit the offense fine. What cant he do that Chandler is? Imagine how motivated he will be to prove he was worth it? Look what Stat is doing... Think Melo will bring anything less?

If we lost Chandler, Fields/Randolph Curry, and '13 1st, does that really hurt us?

Fields is more than replaceable. Melo is flat out waaaaay better than Chandler. When is Chandler hanging 40 Lebron? He played team ball just fine when surounded by good talent in college and when Den first got Billups. And honestly, this team is already better than that one.

Do remember D'antoni goy phx to 2 conf finals with less talent than stat, felt and Melo....... In the west.

wow.
bad post.
just bad.

la2ny

Starter
I honestly don't think the people that are saying no realize if it's in the offseason, then who cares. He'd pretty much be taking eddy curry's money and we'd be letting will go, what's wrong with that? If there's still a mle use that on a big then. All you who think this team with Marc gasol or glen Davis are going to make a finals really need to wake up from "caught in the moment land". Yes they've won 11 of 12 and amare's beasting, but the only team they beat that has a chance not 2 be in the lottery was the hornets who aren't a very good team tbh. I understand it's been a long time since the knicks were this successful and it's fun and exciting , but you have to remember you're still having discussions about this can be a 6 seed at highest! With melo you become elite I undestand there's difficulties w/ new players comming to new teams but that's why they have training camp and preseason. D'ant is smart enough to let melo get a few iso's in a game, just like Amare gets. And the sharing the spotlight stuff is bull, those type of players don't exist anymore and even if they do they understand it takes a dynamic duo or trio to win.Kobe learned,lebron,Wade,shaq,mj,wilt,Kareem,magic,bird,drexler,David Robinson,Duncan they all did.

I just can't understand how someone can say they want to pass an probably the best scorer in the game, when he actually wants to be here, for a team full of roll players behind Amare. Hell even stat knows that's why he wants him here. All it's going to take is next weeks games not being Close for these same people to retract these statements and that's a shame. Amare and melo are different players they wouldn't be Wade and James Those two play the same way that's why they sucked so hard for that long but now they're getting it.

Sorry about the rant.lol :gony:

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I honestly don't think the people that are saying no realize if it's in the offseason, then who cares. He'd pretty much be taking eddy curry's money and we'd be letting will go, what's wrong with that? If there's still a mle use that on a big then. All you who think this team with Marc gasol or glen Davis are going to make a finals really need to wake up from "caught in the moment land". Yes they've won 11 of 12 and amare's beasting, but the only team they beat that has a chance not 2 be in the lottery was the hornets who aren't a very good team tbh. I understand it's been a long time since the knicks were this successful and it's fun and exciting , but you have to remember you're still having discussions about this can be a 6 seed at highest! With melo you become elite I undestand there's difficulties w/ new players comming to new teams but that's why they have training camp and preseason. D'ant is smart enough to let melo get a few iso's in a game, just like Amare gets. And the sharing the spotlight stuff is bull, those type of players don't exist anymore and even if they do they understand it takes a dynamic duo or trio to win.Kobe learned,lebron,Wade,shaq,mj,wilt,Kareem,magic,bird,drexler,David Robinson,Duncan they all did.

I just can't understand how someone can say they want to pass an probably the best scorer in the game, when he actually wants to be here, for a team full of roll players behind Amare. Hell even stat knows that's why he wants him here. All it's going to take is next weeks games not being Close for these same people to retract these statements and that's a shame. Amare and melo are different players they wouldn't be Wade and James Those two play the same way that's why they sucked so hard for that long but now they're getting it.

Sorry about the rant.lol :gony:
The thing is, if he wants to be here, don't you think he's coming regardless? Who knows if he's thinking he doesn't want to be traded because he knows our current players can help him.

la2ny

Starter
The thing is, if he wants to be here, don't you think he's coming regardless? Who knows if he's thinking he doesn't want to be traded because he knows our current players can help him.

That's what I stated at the opening of my rant. Loosing wilson for melo isn't a loss at all so let Wilson walk this offseason along with eddy and you have the same team pretty much plus Carmelo. Sum of these guys on here are saying no because they want Marc gasol or glen Davis, wth is that. This team plus Marc gasol would not even make it 7 games with the celtics. This team with melo and a big picked up w/ the mid level can challenge just from teams having to respect 2 Superstars on the same team. That's why la wins, that's why Boston wins, that's why Miami will win. Couple that w/ solid d and the knicks will be elite

iSaYughh

Starter
Thank you. It is good to know there are some of us out there who agree on this.

Carmelo Anthony is not the right fit for all the reasons you mentioned,

not to mention the fact that he wants

22 million dollars per year, on top of Amare's 20 million which would cripple the Knicks in a hard cap world with

2 pretty similar players.

The Knicks spacing would go from all world to god awful.

Carmelo can ball, but he is not the right fit for this team at all.

How is he similar to STAT? Amare is bigman PF-C marked by being a dominant inside scorer you feed the ball to.

Melo is pure scorer and creator with an outside shot who can play off the ball, can pass, and is a SF who has the versatility to fill in some PF and really at the 2 spot, also.

A guy who can create as well as Melo is almost form-fit for our team, since the team is structured through an SSOL game theory and philosophy; which Melo's skills and game are form-fit for. You make sure to work something like this into the team, because it is such a deadly fit, even if you need to re-structure other pieces some.

I don't have a sexual thing for the guy, and have argued for NOT getting him -- I'd love to get M.Gasol, and a guy like Big Baby to sign along w/ Chandler. But it really doesn't have much to do w/ STAT, not fitting the team, or him being overpaid, IMHO.

We only do it if he walks here, though, which seems the most likely route anyways at this point.

Felton
Melo
Gallo
Chandler
STAT
6th Fields

Felton
Fields
Melo
Chandler
STAT
6th Gallo

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Felton
Melo
Gallo
Amar'e
Gasol

Douglas
Fields
Chandler
Mozgov
Turiaf
Randolph

I mean, that's a team that's got talent in the starting 5 and enough depth at critical positions to really go far in the playoffs...

From a historical perspective (although the analogy isn't exact) getting Melo would remind me--I'm old enough to remember--of the Knicks getting Debusshere. The difference that made a good team a champion.

I'm all for getting Melo in the offseason so we don't have to gut our team. It won't help getting him now if we have to give up 3 or 4 players and use up all our cap space. Especially since our bench so far has been pretty bad. I'd rather play this season out, let Fields develop, see if Gallo can get better, maybe even see Randolph play once or twice. Been hearing about his 'potential' for two years now but don't see it.

Everyone keeps worrying abt gutting the team. The major pieces in the trade will likely be guys who won't be here next year anyway. Chandler is up. He won't be here. Curry, same deal. If they want Fields, so be it. We would essentially be getting Melo for Fields since Chandler and Curry are ghost anyways. Landry Fields is replaceable, in case you guys doubt that. Melo is just better than anyone on our team. I can't even believe we are debating keeping fringe players in hopes of realized potential, vs getting one of thr most polished scorers this decade. Kidding me?

Melo will fit right into this offense. His skill set is tailor made for it. With him, this year we can challenge for the east. Without him, we may not leave round 1. What is the dilemma? Fringe players?

The fear is becoming Miami. Two stars and absolute garbage surrounding them. We'll have enough space to keep Chandler if we sign Melo in the offseason. So we can end up with Fields, Melo and Chandler instead of just Melo. Makes the team deeper.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Damn right. Miami is good but their depth is going to run them into some issues against tough teams down the stretch I think.

We have a lot of depth on this team, if we can just add a superstar to it and cut one player (sorry, Bill Walker) then we'd be complete

iSaYughh

Starter
The fear is becoming Miami. Two stars and absolute garbage surrounding them. We'll have enough space to keep Chandler if we sign Melo in the offseason. So we can end up with Fields, Melo and Chandler instead of just Melo. Makes the team deeper.

That's irrational fear.

If we do trade for Melo. We will not be gutted. That's hyperbole. We will not be like MIA. That's an extreme example we won't parallel.

Also MIA has been without their best bench player the entire season, and without their 2nd best bench player for much of it.

All that aside, Melo + STAT doesnt = Lebron + Wade. Totally different people, and totally different games vs those two.

So if we trade gallo, fields, chandler and curry for melo who's our bench? We have Felton, Azibuike, Melo, STAT and Turiaf starting with.....

Douglas, Walker, Williams, Mozgov, Mason, and Randolphs potential? That 2nd unit doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, especially since Azibuike and Turiaf are injury prone and Mozgov fouls out in 12 minutes.

There is no way we cab afford Chandler and Melo. Rudy Gay got 80 mil. He is atleast on par with him. We are not giving Will nearly that much bread. He is gone. May as well turn him into Melo

la2ny

Starter
So if we trade gallo, fields, chandler and curry for melo who's our bench? We have Felton, Azibuike, Melo, STAT and Turiaf starting with.....

Douglas, Walker, Williams, Mozgov, Mason, and Randolphs potential? That 2nd unit doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, especially since Azibuike and Turiaf are injury prone and Mozgov fouls out in 12 minutes.
thats why you all are worrying. who said the knicks needed 2 give up all those players? the nuggets could take a pau gasol deal or risk taking nothing if you dont believe me just look for yourself:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2ckcm9d

Oak

Rookie
Hi everyone, i won't really be contructive on that one even if it's my first post but who cares for Melo.. bros let be honest, we won more games in the rows than any last seasons with great new players....
Now no trade allowed this season, there is no slot available for him. But next one......

I"m so HAPPY, really.... as a Knick fan for ages i'm so proud of my team, proud of stat, gallo, fields and Felton... Proud for my TEAM.

GO KNICKS

LOVE FROM KNICKS FANS FROM FRANCE !!!!