Name one player you always wanted on the Knicks

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
From any time. Position being already filled or whatever at the time period isn't an issue in this thread.

I'd still love to see Iverson in New York.

iSaYughh

Starter
Ron"say queensbridge"artest

I'll co-sign that shit. Woulda loved to see RonRon here.

I don't have much envy for anyone to be here tho besides who we have. Not including guys we can realistically get and would help us (eg a center).

Melo would be pretty sick, I guess.

For guys who coulda had and woulda been huge to get....tough to not say Pau Gasol, though. It's pretty sick to imagine if he was wearing a Knick uniform right now.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
I always wished the Knicks would have signed Reggie Miller the summer of 96 instead of Allan Houston. I remember Reggie saying he wouldn't mind going to NY while he was playing with Team USA that summer. Oh what could have been if Ewing that shooter with a KILLER instinct!! Crazy how noth of them were missing each other through out their careers. Miller never really had that dominant double team demanding post force to kick it out to him. Ewing never had the pure shooter running off screens who the other team was forced to concentrate on also. Houston was good but he didn't have that Swagger that Reggie did. That killer instinct, that trash talkin toughness to his game.

Oh well.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Alonzo Mourning.... He called Pat Riley and begged him to trade for him and was more than happy to play the 4 so Ewing could stay at the 5.... Also, Karl Malone tried to get traded to the Knicks as well.... Oh man, the possibilities that could have....

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
cool thread, always wanted Nick Van Excel to be a knick...always felt he defined what a knick was

I wasnt alive for it but I wish instead of The Nets Trading away Dr.J to pay the NBA for being in the Knicks Territory when they came into the NBA, New York would have just said "You can just trade Us Dr.J, and we will give you the Million." (Like the 76ers did)

Imagine what it would have been like if we had Dr.J........ AND Micheal Ray Richardson! or maybe even Bernard King.......... Wow. just WOW.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Starks was such a garbage #2 option.

I disagree 100%! What ruined him was his knee injury; was never the same after that. People blamed him for losing the Houston series but he single handedly got us to the playoffs and carried us through them... He just went cold in game 7!
Also, the Starks - Jordan battles were epic... He was a tremendous defender! The dunk over Jordan at the Garden?!?!?! Did you even watch the Knicks back then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHe4e5-cQks

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I disagree 100%! What ruined him was his knee injury; was never the same after that. People blamed him for losing the Houston series but he single handedly got us to the playoffs and carried us through them... He just went cold in game 7!
Also, the Starks - Jordan battles were epic... He was a tremendous defender! The dunk over Jordan at the Garden?!?!?! Did you even watch the Knicks back then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHe4e5-cQks

Another... Check out at 1 minute... I remember this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKGkr4ROH1k

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Good thread... I used to always want CWebb & Jason Williams #55 on the Knicks.. They seemed to always be on the trading block

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
In fact, when Ewing retired he went on WFAN and Francessa asked; If you had to pick 1 guy to to go to war with who would it be.... He said WITHOUT hesitation... John Starks!
Clumsy man, Starks is up there with the all time Knicks... All star... 6th man of the year award... 1992-93 all Defensive second team.

KBlack25

Starter
I am a fan of Starks but had we upgraded the SG position we may have been able to beat Houston. It's obviously speculation but Starks cost us that series IMHO.

It was partially Starks partially Riley.

Starks was 1 for 1 million in that game 7...he had to realize he didn't have it and start passing the ball and looking to facilitate.

But Riley left the coldest shooter on the floor for crunchtime. I suppose if you are going to lose, lose with your best...but...I don't know man, hard to justify it.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I am a fan of Starks but had we upgraded the SG position we may have been able to beat Houston. It's obviously speculation but Starks cost us that series IMHO.

Really??? He was awesome in that series... Just went cold in game 7. Starks and Mason carried the Knicks in the Houston series! Mason's defense of Hakeem was inspirational! I thought Riley's decision making was a huge part of why they lost.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
It was partially Starks partially Riley.

Starks was 1 for 1 million in that game 7...he had to realize he didn't have it and start passing the ball and looking to facilitate.

But Riley left the coldest shooter on the floor for crunchtime. I suppose if you are going to lose, lose with your best...but...I don't know man, hard to justify it.

Imagine if Riley just would have sat starks for a few minutes and put the ball in Harper's hands a little in game 7? Harper was quietly having a good series....