Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Calls are Coming In: Teams offer 1st Rounder for AR, Knicks would use for Melo

Default The Calls are Coming In: Teams offer 1st Rounder for AR, Knicks would use for Melo

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Pull that ****ing trigger.

It'll be a huge boon for melo or another trade to solidify this budding contender.

I just pray doesn't give an iota of slack to den.

I guess I can see why he bent over so deep with jeffries.

This deal, and a cutthroat one for melo would not just reverse walsh's most weak and ugly move, but put him into God- mode as a gm.

Veteran

I did hear the Rockets have serious interest because they need to shore up their defense and they own our 2012 pick. If I were Donnie I wouldn't trade AR just to get our pick back, I would ask for the Rox 2011 pick and let them keep our pick in 2012. The Rox pick this year looks like it will be lottery and our 2012 pick (owned by the Rox) won't be as good.

Dec. 15 is coming around and I think Houston is hot to make a deal.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Pull that ****ing trigger.

It'll be a huge boon for melo or another trade to solidify this budding contender.

I just pray doesn't give an iota of slack to den.

I guess I can see why he bent over so deep with jeffries.

This deal, and a cutthroat one for melo would not just reverse walsh's most weak and ugly move, but put him into God- mode as a gm.
    iould have wanted to keep Randolph....he's just a kid...bif it lands us melo....pull the trigger

Veteran

Originally Posted by Toons
    iould have wanted to keep Randolph....he's just a kid...bif it lands us melo....pull the trigger
    his game is fly, but its a make question mark. Team and franchise is in a different place now to. We don't have to bank on needing boom or busts to boom.

We need to solidify. We're getting close to where weve dreamed of this franchise being. Moving Randolph for a first right now would be a great step in that transition.

Veteran

Fwiw, I really see us trading Chandler, Walker, two picks. Plus curry.

Then going hard after a big in fa. Likely m.gasol, maybe big baby from Boston.

Curry gone, azzy melts, Randolph gone, Chandler gone, Walker, and we don't pay any first round picks.

Felton
    Fields
    Melo
    Gallo
    Stat

Plus whatever big we get. Turiaf, Douglas, Williams, Moz and our 2nd rounders for bench.

Gg league.

Veteran

The Daily News on the rumor. Gallo, Fields, Curry and a first. Pretty steep price to pay now that we're winning, two starters and a moody guy with potential in AR. Guess you have to pull the trigger to get a guy like Melo, if I were Denver I would be all over this though.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

WASHINGTON - Anthony Randolph's value to the Knicks can't be measured in points and rebounds. Instead, he could be the guy who gets them Carmelo Anthony.

The Knicks have fielded calls from several Western Conference clubs regarding a deal for Randolph, according to a team source. The most compelling conversations have been with the Houston Rockets, who in one scenario would trade the Knicks the first-round pick they obtained in last year's Tracy McGrady deal.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh has admitted publicly that he regrets trading that pick and has been trying for two months to acquire a 2011 first-rounder. The pick is critical if the Knicks want to acquire Anthony, who is likely to be traded by the February deadline.

Randolph, who came to the Knicks in the David Lee sign-and-trade with Golden State and is out of Mike D'Antoni's rotation for now, acknowledged Friday that he's aware of "a couple of teams" contacting the Knicks concerning his availability.

The Knicks were hopeful that Randolph would either start at center or be the first big man off the bench. Instead, Randolph finds himself below Ronny Turiaf, Shawne Williams and rookie Timofey Mozgov on the depth chart.

"I believe in myself," Randolph said. "I've got faith in what I can do. Coaches dictate the minutes, so it's nothing I can control. Only thing I can control is how hard I work."

The general feeling is that Anthony's preferred destination is New York, and the Knicks could conceivably sign him to a free agent contract over the summer. However, if Anthony is traded in season, there is a chance that he could sign an extension with the team that acquires him.

The Knicks could feature a package that includes Danilo Gallinari, Eddy Curry (and his expiring contract) and a first-round pick. Another player would also have to be part of the deal, and the Nuggets could ask for rookie Landry Fields, whom the Knicks would prefer to keep.

Of course, one theory is that with the Knicks finally winning, Walsh may be reluctant to mess with a good thing.

"I think that's Donnie decision," D'Antoni said regarding possible trades. "He's more removed from the situation. Coaches don't have a good perspective on when you need to do it and when you don't need to do it."

Veteran

Omg. I'm sure we'll get over it since objectively it improves our franchise. But I'll be livid at walsh if he bends like that at this point.

It'll be jeffries trade weakness and desperation all over again.

But worse and much less forgiveable.

It chaps the **** outta me just thinking of Walsh pulling that.

Walsh made the deal of the century when he received Tracy McGrady in that trade.

Tracy McGrady did something that Amar'e Stoudemire has yet done and that's cause KO to have a game thread of close to 300 replies.

Tracy McGrady brought back the majority of the Knick fan base on the day he made his Knick debut.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Walsh made the deal of the century when he received Tracy McGrady in that deal.

Tracy McGrady did something that Amar'e Stoudemire has yet done and that's cause KO to have a game thread of close to 300 replies.

Tracy McGrady brought back the majority of the Knick fan base on the day he made his Knick debut.
    STFU did Tracey single handily turn around a 3-8 team with his leadership or did he Lead by example putting on one of the best seven straight performances in Knicks history. STAT said and brought the Knicks back we are now getting back our national coverage and we have a real MVP.

So go take your busted ass Tmac some where else

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    STFU did Tracey single handily turn around a 3-8 team with his leadership or did he Lead by example putting on one of the best seven straight performances in Knicks history. STAT said and brought the Knicks back we are now getting back our national coverage and we have a real MVP.

So go take your busted ass Tmac some where else
    I guess you English teacher never taught you what satire is.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I guess you English teacher never taught you what satire is.
    Better be satire because I was about to Ether ya dumbass

LOL

Lets do it!

Not to get Melo tho! But to keep Wilson.

Wilson is a FA this summer and the Q.O. for him is 3 million Randolph is slated to make 2.99 million, we could simply trade AR for a 1st not pick up Walker's option and have 17 million or so to spend on FA's this summer.

Despite what we have seen, AR has potential and teams know it, plus Houston may see how improved The Knicks are this year and are pretty certain that they will not be recieving a lottery pick from us next (certainley they will not be swapping with us this year when you consider where both teams are in the standings) and may see Anthony Randolph (still just 21) to better than anything they get in the draft with our pick next year!

Lets see what happens!

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Better be satire because I was about to Ether ya dumbass
    Oh my! I was practically sweating like Patrick Ewing at the free throw line at the thought of an anonymous stranger attacking me on an internet forum.I was ready to put a bullet proof vest on, install an ADT system on my laptop and put 911 on speed dial before you alleviated my trepidation.Please don't ether me! I don't want my career to take a hit like Jay-Z's.I promise to rip up my Tracy McGrady posters and pretend that this whole thing never took place.