The Calls are Coming In: Teams offer 1st Rounder for AR, Knicks would use for Melo

iSaYughh

Starter
Pull that ****ing trigger.

It'll be a huge boon for melo or another trade to solidify this budding contender.

I just pray doesn't give an iota of slack to den.

I guess I can see why he bent over so deep with jeffries.

This deal, and a cutthroat one for melo would not just reverse walsh's most weak and ugly move, but put him into God- mode as a gm.

tiger0330

Legend
I did hear the Rockets have serious interest because they need to shore up their defense and they own our 2012 pick. If I were Donnie I wouldn't trade AR just to get our pick back, I would ask for the Rox 2011 pick and let them keep our pick in 2012. The Rox pick this year looks like it will be lottery and our 2012 pick (owned by the Rox) won't be as good.

Dec. 15 is coming around and I think Houston is hot to make a deal.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Pull that ****ing trigger.

It'll be a huge boon for melo or another trade to solidify this budding contender.

I just pray doesn't give an iota of slack to den.

I guess I can see why he bent over so deep with jeffries.

This deal, and a cutthroat one for melo would not just reverse walsh's most weak and ugly move, but put him into God- mode as a gm.

iould have wanted to keep Randolph....he's just a kid...bif it lands us melo....pull the trigger

iSaYughh

Starter
iould have wanted to keep Randolph....he's just a kid...bif it lands us melo....pull the trigger

his game is fly, but its a make question mark. Team and franchise is in a different place now to. We don't have to bank on needing boom or busts to boom.

We need to solidify. We're getting close to where weve dreamed of this franchise being. Moving Randolph for a first right now would be a great step in that transition.

iSaYughh

Starter
Fwiw, I really see us trading Chandler, Walker, two picks. Plus curry.

Then going hard after a big in fa. Likely m.gasol, maybe big baby from Boston.

Curry gone, azzy melts, Randolph gone, Chandler gone, Walker, and we don't pay any first round picks.

Felton
Fields
Melo
Gallo
Stat

Plus whatever big we get. Turiaf, Douglas, Williams, Moz and our 2nd rounders for bench.

Gg league.

tiger0330

Legend
The Daily News on the rumor. Gallo, Fields, Curry and a first. Pretty steep price to pay now that we're winning, two starters and a moody guy with potential in AR. Guess you have to pull the trigger to get a guy like Melo, if I were Denver I would be all over this though.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nydnrss/sports/basketball+(Sports/Basketball)

WASHINGTON - Anthony Randolph's value to the Knicks can't be measured in points and rebounds. Instead, he could be the guy who gets them Carmelo Anthony.

The Knicks have fielded calls from several Western Conference clubs regarding a deal for Randolph, according to a team source. The most compelling conversations have been with the Houston Rockets, who in one scenario would trade the Knicks the first-round pick they obtained in last year's Tracy McGrady deal.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh has admitted publicly that he regrets trading that pick and has been trying for two months to acquire a 2011 first-rounder. The pick is critical if the Knicks want to acquire Anthony, who is likely to be traded by the February deadline.

Randolph, who came to the Knicks in the David Lee sign-and-trade with Golden State and is out of Mike D'Antoni's rotation for now, acknowledged Friday that he's aware of "a couple of teams" contacting the Knicks concerning his availability.

The Knicks were hopeful that Randolph would either start at center or be the first big man off the bench. Instead, Randolph finds himself below Ronny Turiaf, Shawne Williams and rookie Timofey Mozgov on the depth chart.

"I believe in myself," Randolph said. "I've got faith in what I can do. Coaches dictate the minutes, so it's nothing I can control. Only thing I can control is how hard I work."

The general feeling is that Anthony's preferred destination is New York, and the Knicks could conceivably sign him to a free agent contract over the summer. However, if Anthony is traded in season, there is a chance that he could sign an extension with the team that acquires him.

The Knicks could feature a package that includes Danilo Gallinari, Eddy Curry (and his expiring contract) and a first-round pick. Another player would also have to be part of the deal, and the Nuggets could ask for rookie Landry Fields, whom the Knicks would prefer to keep.

Of course, one theory is that with the Knicks finally winning, Walsh may be reluctant to mess with a good thing.

"I think that's Donnie decision," D'Antoni said regarding possible trades. "He's more removed from the situation. Coaches don't have a good perspective on when you need to do it and when you don't need to do it."

iSaYughh

Starter
Omg. I'm sure we'll get over it since objectively it improves our franchise. But I'll be livid at walsh if he bends like that at this point.

It'll be jeffries trade weakness and desperation all over again.

But worse and much less forgiveable.

It chaps the shit outta me just thinking of Walsh pulling that.

knicksin60

Starter
Walsh made the deal of the century when he received Tracy McGrady in that trade.

Tracy McGrady did something that Amar'e Stoudemire has yet done and that's cause KO to have a game thread of close to 300 replies.

Tracy McGrady brought back the majority of the Knick fan base on the day he made his Knick debut.

Walsh made the deal of the century when he received Tracy McGrady in that deal.

Tracy McGrady did something that Amar'e Stoudemire has yet done and that's cause KO to have a game thread of close to 300 replies.

Tracy McGrady brought back the majority of the Knick fan base on the day he made his Knick debut.

STFU did Tracey single handily turn around a 3-8 team with his leadership or did he Lead by example putting on one of the best seven straight performances in Knicks history. STAT said and brought the Knicks back we are now getting back our national coverage and we have a real MVP.

So go take your busted ass Tmac some where else

knicksin60

Starter
STFU did Tracey single handily turn around a 3-8 team with his leadership or did he Lead by example putting on one of the best seven straight performances in Knicks history. STAT said and brought the Knicks back we are now getting back our national coverage and we have a real MVP.

So go take your busted ass Tmac some where else

I guess you English teacher never taught you what satire is.

LOL

New New York

Quiet Storm
Lets do it!

Not to get Melo tho! But to keep Wilson.

Wilson is a FA this summer and the Q.O. for him is 3 million Randolph is slated to make 2.99 million, we could simply trade AR for a 1st not pick up Walker's option and have 17 million or so to spend on FA's this summer.

Despite what we have seen, AR has potential and teams know it, plus Houston may see how improved The Knicks are this year and are pretty certain that they will not be recieving a lottery pick from us next (certainley they will not be swapping with us this year when you consider where both teams are in the standings) and may see Anthony Randolph (still just 21) to better than anything they get in the draft with our pick next year!

Lets see what happens!

knicksin60

Starter
Better be satire because I was about to Ether ya dumbass

Oh my! I was practically sweating like Patrick Ewing at the free throw line at the thought of an anonymous stranger attacking me on an internet forum.I was ready to put a bullet proof vest on, install an ADT system on my laptop and put 911 on speed dial before you alleviated my trepidation.Please don't ether me! I don't want my career to take a hit like Jay-Z's.I promise to rip up my Tracy McGrady posters and pretend that this whole thing never took place.

Guys were not buying Melo for Mnahatten Mall prices! We gettin him on Clearance from Odd Job!

Fact 1# we are NOT giving up LF6 in this deal. these are how these negotians will go.

Nuggets GM Masi Ujiri is calling Donnie Walsh about a trade for Carmelo Anthony....Phone is ringing, Donnie picks up.

Donnie: Hello?

Masi: Hello yes, um this is Masi Ujiri from the orginization of...

Donnie: I dont wana give my damn car to no kids!

Masi: No im the GM of the Nuggets of Denver.

Donnie: Oh. you ready to trade my boy Melo yet?

Masi: um yes we are concidering it. But if we were to make a deal, we would like Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari, Toney Douglas, Wilson Chandler, and 4 first round picks please.

Donnie: That sounds reasonable. But you know what else sounds reasonable? if I take a shit in a bag, make it into a neckless, put it around Eddy Curry's fat neck, and send that shit to you for Carmelo! AHAHAHAHA!

Masi: No I would not accept that offer! we will send Mr.Anthony to the Nets bef...

Donnie: Im callin yah bluff bitch! My boy spike says Melo aint goin to Jersey! He aint sigin no damn extension with no russian mafia! Now listen here bitch, you send me Carmelo for Eddy Curry, 2 first round picks, Gallinari, and a bag of my shit, Or you wait till the end of the year and get nothin!

Masi: ok....

Donnie Walsh: Ok bitch?

Masi: very well...

Donnie Walsh: Alright then mother ****er! You have a good day now, and Remember! Im DONNIE WALSH MOTHER ****ER!

Masi: Yes Mr.Walsh...

Donnie: Adios Bitch! Aye its the Knicks city Dancers! Show Donnie Walsh yah titties!

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Walsh made the deal of the century when he received Tracy McGrady in that trade.

I do remember that but some of those posters were Euros rooting for Sergei's debut with the Knicks. Sadly, they were homers that root for Sergei in Madrid or wherever he is now.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Even if we do not get Carmelo Anthony, we still need a first round pick for ourselves.

So yeah, pull the triger. Right Away. I`d rather do it with f`ed up teams though that we know for sure they will be in the top 10 picks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Omg. I'm sure we'll get over it since objectively it improves our franchise. But I'll be livid at walsh if he bends like that at this point.

It'll be jeffries trade weakness and desperation all over again.

But worse and much less forgiveable.

It chaps the shit outta me just thinking of Walsh pulling that.

Absolutely. Jesus, that's almost exactly what I was going to post. Denver are desperate and their demands should hopefully fall on resilient ears.

You know that Dolan will be halfway up DW's ass to bring Melo to NY, though.

****, man!

Fields and Gallo....

Melo's not having his best season.....

???????????????????????????????