No Denver @ New York game thread?!?!?!

scaled.php

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Gallo is totally in love with New York (the team, the town, the people).
I hope anti-gallo guys will change their mind.

LeFlume

All Star
I'm so proud of them. STAT & Felton is just clicking right now. Any retard who mention Ricky Rubio must be a fool.

tiger0330

Legend
I am seriously reconsidering if we even need Melo, if we get him what are we going to do score 145 pts a game.

Maybe we should look to go in the other direction, get a tough minded defensive shot blocking big and get our points allowed per game down.

Amare was asked what the team needed to do to keep the run going and he said "pick it up on the defensive end and not just during this tough stretch but through
out the season.

It would be nice if AR or the Gov could do it but AR has got it in his mind he's Nowitzki and not Shaq and the Gov is raw.

How quickly we forget how we bitched about the team taking too many 3s, they jacked 30 today and I think 30 the other day as well, as long as they make them they're good but as sure as it rained today they will stop falling again.

iSaYughh

Starter
Wil was massive, Cpt Ray was massive, Fields massive, Gallo's foul pimping flop - MASSIVE. STAT..... MAAASSSIIIVVVEEE!!!!

What an amazing starting 5. Like peas and carrots.

You could run a car on the energy that's come back to the Garden.

It's now 4:45 in the morning here in 二本.

Crazy8s out.

WOOHOO!!

Gallo made that exact same play against Melo last year to! In a smilier spot, to boot...

I peeped that abortion of an anti-STAT/Knick thread before knickfan92 emo'd out on H20 and it got locked.

What a cherry to the cake of this signature game. And totally facebang for Quiggle & Co.

It wasn't just about STAT, but the entire Knick team and org; and the ignorant mantra that we were all just about riding hot vs jank teams and would be humbled when we faced quality.

:machinegun:

The anti-Italian crew needs to stop fronting so hard.

Giving up lots of points is a subjective thing to begin with (lots), and isn't a good or bad thing necessarily.

That we give a "lot" up a lot of points is just a byproduct of the way we go about trying to score more points.

That's all this is. A way to try to score to more points and how we go about it. A style and theory of play doesn't guarantee victory or a title, it facilitates it and lays the ground for the on-court ingredients (in-game coaching, players' play, your opponents' play).

We have a cutting edge style, and it's rooted in basic game theory being transplanted into bbal, through what we loosely refer to as SSOL.

Lots of points, very few points, etc. Extreme styles, or styles defined enough to draw attention to their superficiality are styles actually grounded in legit, evolutionary game theory and strategy. The points itself is a mirage.

Plenty of quality reasons to be skeptical and critique; especially our in-game coaching; but much of what stems from a vocal few is rooted in rank ignorance and hate.

Some will likely still say that even a win like this is "lucky" and can't happen again consistently by giving up "lots" of points to good teams. Or we need to face LA w a health Bynum and win by holding them to < 100.

It's the same noise coming from the same emotional reasoning of ppl saying certain gamblers/pokerplayers/sports betters/chess players/etc are "lucky" and can't be actual winning players.

These same ppl are typically the biggest winners and ones who become champions. And are the most hotly debated, hated on, and misunderstood.

And they use identical game theory and strategy that MD does.

It still takes a lot of other pieces to run fire on all cylinders, including in-game coaching which I'm most suspect of MD on; and the right players and the right opponents at the right times (aka luck).

But seeing as how MD will be here for a while, we should face fact, since the wishful thinking of him being fired this season isnt happening, and the tired and typical tirades hold as little luster as Quiggle's hate against STAT.

Criticism & skepticism. Check.

Ignorant hate and vested interest in failure. Gtfo.

iSaYughh

Starter
I am seriously reconsidering if we even need Melo, if we get him what are we going to do score 145 pts a game.

Maybe we should look to go in the other direction, get a tough minded defensive shot blocking big and get our points allowed per game down.

Amare was asked what the team needed to do to keep the run going and he said "pick it up on the defensive end and not just during this tough stretch but through
out the season.

It would be nice if AR or the Gov could do it but AR has got it in his mind he's Nowitzki and not Shaq and the Gov is raw.

How quickly we forget how we bitched about the team taking too many 3s, they jacked 30 today and I think 30 the other day as well, as long as they make them they're good but as sure as it rained today they will stop falling again.

Exactly. This is a big reason why Walsh better treat DEN like a street ho' he might float a few bucks to.

We can likely get away with it. But a worst-case scenario is still a golden opportunity. Just a slightly lesser number of karat.

M.Gasol, Big Baby, Richardson, Mayo...All guys eminently available for us. Not to mention keeping every last asset we have and re-signing Chandler.

Chandler, M.Gasol, and a trade for Mayo or getting Big Baby could make us contenders next year anyways.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Recorded the game very happy the Knicks won in spite of bad officiating by the referee's. If we survive bad calls and against the Nuggets the Knicks will be fine over the next few games.

KBlack25

Starter
I am convinced Melo will be a Knick...just makes this team deeper. But no need to gut the team especially one playing so well right now to get Melo.

iSaYughh

Starter
I am convinced Melo will be a Knick...just makes this team deeper. But no need to gut the team especially one playing so well right now to get Melo.

It's a fata compli. This game should seal the deal on DEN taking a serious rape, too. Melo is a NYK soldier even when he hasn't yet donned the orange and blue.

Fields, Melo, Gallo, Chandler can all get their minutes rotating around effectively, and with STAT our F-C., getting spelled by Turiaf (one more yr on deal) and Moz.

We probably will go most hard on bringing in Big Baby Davis. Guy like m.gasol less necessary and his $cost would make less sense.

Imagine the blunt force a dose of this could inflict:

Felton
Chandler
Melo
Gallo
STAT
6th Fields (or Chandler, or Gallo)

Fields, Big Baby,Douglas, Turiaf, Moz, Williams, and whomever we fetch with our two 2nd rounders as bench. With Fields still getting lots of minutes being the primary force going in for our 2 and 3 slots whenever we rest or switch up the rotation which will likely most often be an opening for him one way or another.

Best team in league.

Sage

Rotation player
Whoa, we won???? Not that I ever had any doubts obviously but that's fantastic!

Game was on too early for me to watch. :(

mafra

Legend

out the season.

I think if Walsh is smart, and plays his cards right, we can end up with Melo and only need to give up Anthony Randolph and Bill Walker.

Involve Memphis in the deal. Denver gets OJ Mayo and 2 first round picks (ours and MEM), MEM gets Affalo and Randolph; We get Melo.

NO WAY you do the deal if you havr to give up more. MAYBE... MAYBE you can go as far as Chandler or Gallo and Randolph; but Fields stays. ANd, so does one of the Chandler-Gallo duo.

Giving up 2 only occurs if we get OJ Mayo too.

Sage

Rotation player
I would only part with assets if it meant getting a legit centre out of it. Melo would only add value to the current squad if he were signed as a FA and we didn't give up anything.

I don't want to see a trade for Melo unless it somehow means we offload enough unneeded assets so we can sign a fairly legit C in the offseason.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Originally Posted by tiger0330

out the season.

I agree. Absolutely. +1

Exactly. This is a big reason why Walsh better treat DEN like a street ho' he might float a few bucks to.

We can likely get away with it. But a worst-case scenario is still a golden opportunity. Just a slightly lesser number of karat.

M.Gasol, Big Baby, Richardson, Mayo...All guys eminently available for us. Not to mention keeping every last asset we have and re-signing Chandler.

Chandler, M.Gasol, and a trade for Mayo or getting Big Baby could make us contenders next year anyways.

We basically have them staring at the business end of a gun.

All we need is affirmation from Melo - not that it will be publicised, of course - and we don't have to offer them more than what we're willing to part with: Curry, Randolph and picks.

And what's so bad about a trade exception? The Suns and Raptors were happy with theirs, weren't they?

Having said all of that, I still have to go back to pursuing a defensive big and maintaining some cap room, as said by tiger0330.

That, as a necessity, outweighs a need for Melo IMO.

CoolClyde

Gallo made that exact same play against Melo last year to! In a smilier spot, to boot...

I peeped that abortion of an anti-STAT/Knick thread before knickfan92 emo'd out on H20 and it got locked.

What a cherry to the cake of this signature game. And totally facebang for Quiggle & Co.

It wasn't just about STAT, but the entire Knick team and org; and the ignorant mantra that we were all just about riding hot vs jank teams and would be humbled when we faced quality.

:machinegun:

The anti-Italian crew needs to stop fronting so hard.

Giving up lots of points is a subjective thing to begin with (lots), and isn't a good or bad thing necessarily.

That we give a "lot" up a lot of points is just a byproduct of the way we go about trying to score more points.

That's all this is. A way to try to score to more points and how we go about it. A style and theory of play doesn't guarantee victory or a title, it facilitates it and lays the ground for the on-court ingredients (in-game coaching, players' play, your opponents' play).

We have a cutting edge style, and it's rooted in basic game theory being transplanted into bbal, through what we loosely refer to as SSOL.

Lots of points, very few points, etc. Extreme styles, or styles defined enough to draw attention to their superficiality are styles actually grounded in legit, evolutionary game theory and strategy. The points itself is a mirage.

Plenty of quality reasons to be skeptical and critique; especially our in-game coaching; but much of what stems from a vocal few is rooted in rank ignorance and hate.

Some will likely still say that even a win like this is "lucky" and can't happen again consistently by giving up "lots" of points to good teams. Or we need to face LA w a health Bynum and win by holding them to < 100.

It's the same noise coming from the same emotional reasoning of ppl saying certain gamblers/pokerplayers/sports betters/chess players/etc are "lucky" and can't be actual winning players.

These same ppl are typically the biggest winners and ones who become champions. And are the most hotly debated, hated on, and misunderstood.

And they use identical game theory and strategy that MD does.

It still takes a lot of other pieces to run fire on all cylinders, including in-game coaching which I'm most suspect of MD on; and the right players and the right opponents at the right times (aka luck).

But seeing as how MD will be here for a while, we should face fact, since the wishful thinking of him being fired this season isnt happening, and the tired and typical tirades hold as little luster as Quiggle's hate against STAT.

Criticism & skepticism. Check.

Ignorant hate and vested interest in failure. Gtfo.

I have to say, that's an awesome post iSayYo. I don't agree with most of your pro-'Antoni/SSOL points, because I'm a firm believer in defense creating offense and not the opposite. my hatred of 'Antoni stems from his core: his attitude, his benchings, relationships with players, short rotations etc. I love the fact that the Knicks are winning, if we keep it up and make the playoffs, i'm fine with mr. pringles. if Knicks can't keep healthy and fast because of short rotation, and fall out of playoff hunt, the hate hounds will be very vocal. but everyone's enjoying the ride for now, backing 'Antoni now sounds very I-told-you-so. but hey, we can all agree to disagree about the coach, as long as we're winning, can't we all just get along?

I just can't help despising 'Antoni! I hate watching his interviews, pre/post game, can't stand his show, can't stand his face!
I can't help it! I'm rooted in ignorance and hate!

btw, KBlack's screenshot of Gallopony is totally fantastic! how'd you do that?

anyway, I hope all KO members CAN get along and appreciate what's happening here, this was an incredible game all the way through, amazing team play, clutch performances from our starting five, esp Wilson. STUD making Knick history was something special to see. Can't wait to see how we do against the best (Celtdicks and The Miami Collusion3).

Peace out.
:smokin:

alg_knicks_nuggets_gallinari_fouls.jpg

wtf^^^ LOL

Good game, I likes, I likes...even with our suspect defense.

During the game I've seen Mello show some kind of respect for various Knick players and Gallo wasn't one of them. When Gallo made that last 3-pointer and landed on Mello's leg while he was sitting on the bench...you can see a look of disgust on his face. This is just one of the pics that shows why Mello is no fan of Gallo ( no matter what his mouth says) and I'm sure he didn't forget about last years fluke of a game, either. If I'm right, He might have a say in who he'll rather play with on this team...The attitude in this game was saying a whole lot more then the action was.

Now lets just keep up the good work, it doesn't get any easier.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
alg_knicks_nuggets_gallinari_fouls.jpg

wtf^^^ LOL

Good game, I likes, I likes...even with our suspect defense.

During the game I've seen Mello show some kind of respect for various Knick players and Gallo wasn't one of them. When Gallo made that last 3-pointer and landed on Mello's leg while he was sitting on the bench...you can see a look of disgust on his face. This is just one of the pics that shows why Mello is no fan of Gallo ( no matter what his mouth says) and I'm sure he didn't forget about last years fluke of a game, either. If I'm right, He might have a say in who he'll rather play with on this team...The attitude in this game was saying a whole lot more then the action was.

Now lets just keep up the good work, it doesn't get any easier.

Keep hating on Gallo bro. Thats prob the only thing you do well.

^^I do many things well, but you don't have to worry about that. Gallo isn't hard to hate on. I'm just pointing out some of his obvious flaws every chance I get. I refuse to cheer for this dude, he is expendable and needs to be taken off of this team. I still don't know why some choose this guy over Wilson and Mello. The facts speak for themself, I just hope the organization sees it.

We will be a force once we get him off the team, we need a real cohesion unit. I mean, just look at the picture, dude. He looks and plays like a handicap. Get rid of him, his stock is dropping fast and all he can muster is trips to the charity strip (smh). During the summer, it was all about his shooting, now we see that is a non issue and Wilson is knocking them down for him... along with doing other things for the team.

Some of you guys are his fan for the wrong reasons and that is just wrong. I always call it how I see it.