Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: I'm New But Seriously WTF!!!

  1. #1
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default I'm New But Seriously WTF!!!

    I'm sorry about making a thread but i had to release this frustration.

    There are 3 topics i wanted to really cover in this thread that seem to be the hottest subjects right now:

    1:Of course the Melo situation.

    I've read just about everyones opinion on this subject and it's only three different answers i've saw.The 1st being developing young talent and signing a backup point guard and center in the offseason. 2nd being that we should go after Igoudala or Mayo. and lastly actually wanting Melo.

    Now while I totally understand and respect everyones opinion i also feel it's an obligation to have some sense here.Some of the posts i've read were as bad as quiggle's thread from yesterday I mean they were almost like they wanted the last 10 years to continue. I for one know that Carmelo with Amare doesn't just mean title but in the next couple years it does,while their in their primes atleast.Remember before the season started everyone was still on that wedding **** an bitching about cp3 or melo or when we have both to have a big 3?What happened to that?Nothing! You guys get caught in the moment too much. the first week of the season we beat the raps,lost a close one in bos,lost to portland,beat chi in chi,then the wizards and everyone went from "oh god" to "yes(Marv Albert)" to "Stat is ok not worth 100 mill tho" Then the 6 game losing streak came and it was a holacaust "Stats a fraud" to "Omg Felt ssucks" to "Fire D'ant". Then we won 5 in a row and order was somewhat restored, then BAM! 8 straight! Wahooo! now its Stat MVP! Clutchinari! Wil for 3! We are great with what we have blah blah blah. All that happened in less than a month! So what will the same people that don't want Melo now be saying if we start loosing over the next month into ASW?

    These Knicks are fun to look at and have players who you really want to root for, but be careful not to be a homer,overating players and holding on to that "potential" Dirk and Lamar Odom

    2:The Chandler-Gallo-Fields debate

    This one is shorter for me because it's an easy answer. Fields is the obvious one you want to put the most cards on and Chandler would be a close 2nd. I like Gallo I really do, but how much better do you guys think he will get, w/o judging like a knick fan who loves anyone on the team if there winning. Gallo can get to the line and he can shoot but there are other players that can do that he isnt the only one. Will is great in his own right i'd love to have him and Melo tag-team at the 3 with fields at the 2. Will can go after this year and to get Melo OUT RIGHT w/o trading we'd have to let him go, so why not trade for Melo to keep Will? Landry is a rookie who is a very high iq player now THAT you don't find in most players because they rely on their athleticism and don't actually think the game like they should.

    3:The impending Free Agency

    Haven't you had enough of waiting till another fa period to see if anyone actually wants to be a KNICK. Well it came last summer in Amare. So why is it that most of you are still thinking like this team is going nowhere and we need to get younger as if were rebuilding and sign these mediocre role players? All I hear is we need a C and a backup pg. For one those 2 positions are the hardest in the sport to find great players at so w/e you guys are hoping for isn't going to happen. We have Toney Douglas as backup Pg for a reason otherwise Donnie could have signed Earl Watson with some of the MLE but he didn't because this kid is "potential". Mozgov was supposed to start at C but he hasnt played really this month because "potential" doesn't win! The Marc Gasol loving going around is sick he's a good young 7 footer yes but really, over Melo, WTF are you smoking?!?!?!? Glen Davis?!?!?!? he's not even a center, Reggie Evans "The Nut Grabber"?!?!?!?!?do you even remeber when we played Tor and he just held the ball because no one came an got it because he's NO threat on Offense. Yes he rebounds but he's a way for teams to clamp down on us. our advantage right now is that at most times 1-5 players on the court can shoot 15ft and out w/ him your playing 4 on 5 against a great Defensive team. But seriously hearing a team with a starting lineup of Gasol,AMare,Gallo,Mayo,Felton will contend for a title is beyond me. That team is a 2nd round team at best and a longshot if even that for the ECFs.

    I love my Knicksonline community,some of you guys are looney,some are irrational,some are just plain hilarious and im glad im apart of this ride with you guys!

    Sorry Bout The Rant.Peace.

  2. #2
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i dont know what these guys are on....i smoke the finest herb, and even i know melo is worth more than his stats prove. We looked at amare's numbers and were fooled completely by his intangibles, leadership, work ethic (first in the gym, last out), the doubleteams and attention he demands....he is a superstar. Melo is also a SUPERSTAR that not only puts up numbers, but anytime he scores 2 buckets back to back, he can go off for 15 points in one quarter, he can make teams hold the ''orb of confusion'' by himself. Melo scores from any position....back to basket, faceup, 'the best pull up jumper in the league', agile layup, powerful stuff....he frickin carmelo anthony for gods sake. As much as i like chandler and whoever else....we need melo now.

    keep felton, amare.....anyone else can be packaged


    chandler and gallo both play 3. keep only one. melo plays 3....so even if you keep one, they will become a role player automatically. I would keep chandler for defensive purposes. Curry's contract also has to be included. Anthony randolph has to be traded for a first rounde rto give to denver and the deal is done.

    Felton
    Fields
    Anthony
    Staudimire
    Turiaf/Gov

    this is a championship team here ONLY if Mozgov can develop a bit more. He's having a tough rookie year.

  3. #3
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    i dont know what these guys are on....i smoke the finest herb, and even i know melo is worth more than his stats prove. We looked at amare's numbers and were fooled completely by his intangibles, leadership, work ethic (first in the gym, last out), the doubleteams and attention he demands....he is a superstar. Melo is also a SUPERSTAR that not only puts up numbers, but anytime he scores 2 buckets back to back, he can go off for 15 points in one quarter, he can make teams hold the ''orb of confusion'' by himself. Melo scores from any position....back to basket, faceup, 'the best pull up jumper in the league', agile layup, powerful stuff....he frickin carmelo anthony for gods sake. As much as i like chandler and whoever else....we need melo now.

    keep felton, amare.....anyone else can be packaged


    chandler and gallo both play 3. keep only one. melo plays 3....so even if you keep one, they will become a role player automatically. I would keep chandler for defensive purposes. Curry's contract also has to be included. Anthony randolph has to be traded for a first rounde rto give to denver and the deal is done.

    Felton
    Fields
    Anthony
    Staudimire
    Turiaf/Gov

    this is a championship team here ONLY if Mozgov can develop a bit more. He's having a tough rookie year.
    Exactly, im starting to get a headache from this. H ow in their right minds can you say you'd rather have a team like this when you can add another SUPERSTAR to it pretty much intact and make even more of a run this year building towards the future.

    Some of those replies in the other threads are out there farther than lady gaga's wardrobe

  4. #4
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quality thread that sums up a lot of ****. Props to Toons too for highlighting Melo's intangibles.

  5. #5
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Quality thread that sums up a lot of ****. Props to Toons too for highlighting Melo's intangibles.
    thanks,

    Toons hit the nail right on the head

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Exactly, im starting to get a headache from this. H ow in their right minds can you say you'd rather have a team like this when you can add another SUPERSTAR to it pretty much intact and make even more of a run this year building towards the future.

    Some of those replies in the other threads are out there farther than lady gaga's wardrobe
    Linchpin is that even if we didn't contend right away w Melo; it'd be much easier to fill in the championship complimentary pieces.

    Versus not getting Melo, and banking on finding another superstar in the making; or counting on guys becoming all-star like before the age of 24.

    Gotta take championship windows into account.

    Adding Gasol and Glen Davis to our current team, in theory, is a nice consolation, though.

    But it's a fata compli we get Melo.

    We will need help with our frontcourt, still, which is why being able to get a guy like Glen Davis to add to the mix would be clutch.

    If we get Melo, our biggest weakness that we can feasibly fix is going to be just that type of frontcourt help. And one reason, I have zero problem relinquishing Chandler (either outright or by trade), and keeping Gallo/Fields, and giving us that ability.

  7. #7
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quality thread! I've been saying the same thing and its funny with the people who have been going back and forth so rapidly between hating a player and loving him. Only exception being Dantoni who they will hate whether we win or lose because he's so easy to blame.

    I'm happier if I see the team actually developing for the long term and competing every night. I know there will be rough losing streaks, but as long as they were hard fought and the kids learn, I'm happy.

  8. #8
    Member goldenchild1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    co-sign this thread

    you took the words right out of my mouth. i dont post much but im always frequenting the site and browsing different threads.

    this place is full of fans that are on a never ending emotional roller coaster. one week your a bum and need to be let go the next your un-tradeable even for a player of melo's caliber.

    i love the way this team is playing but lets be real this squad as assembled isnt winning a title. it would be a big deal if we even advanced past the first rd. this team is talented yes but capped. with melo the sky is the limit and a championship is obtainable.

    no one is saying trade everyone away to get him but seeing people arguing that letting 1 of our young guys playing well package with AR and a pick go is to much to burden is just plain ridiculous

  9. #9
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Well i'm one of the comedians here, so i'll shut up...No I won't....

  10. #10
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Linchpin is that even if we didn't contend right away w Melo; it'd be much easier to fill in the championship complimentary pieces.

    Versus not getting Melo, and banking on finding another superstar in the making; or counting on guys becoming all-star like before the age of 24.

    Gotta take championship windows into account.

    Adding Gasol and Glen Davis to our current team, in theory, is a nice consolation, though.

    But it's a fata compli we get Melo.

    We will need help with our frontcourt, still, which is why being able to get a guy like Glen Davis to add to the mix would be clutch.

    If we get Melo, our biggest weakness that we can feasibly fix is going to be just that type of frontcourt help. And one reason, I have zero problem relinquishing Chandler (either outright or by trade), and keeping Gallo/Fields, and giving us that ability.
    Totally, I can understand the need upfront my thing is some guys were saying outright **** Melo like this guy is a bum and Marc Gasol and Glen Davis were Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom lol

  11. #11
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    I'm sorry about making a thread but i had to release this frustration.

    There are 3 topics i wanted to really cover in this thread that seem to be the hottest subjects right now:

    1:Of course the Melo situation.

    I've read just about everyones opinion on this subject and it's only three different answers i've saw.The 1st being developing young talent and signing a backup point guard and center in the offseason. 2nd being that we should go after Igoudala or Mayo. and lastly actually wanting Melo.

    Now while I totally understand and respect everyones opinion i also feel it's an obligation to have some sense here.Some of the posts i've read were as bad as quiggle's thread from yesterday I mean they were almost like they wanted the last 10 years to continue. I for one know that Carmelo with Amare doesn't just mean title but in the next couple years it does,while their in their primes atleast.Remember before the season started everyone was still on that wedding **** an bitching about cp3 or melo or when we have both to have a big 3?What happened to that?Nothing! You guys get caught in the moment too much. the first week of the season we beat the raps,lost a close one in bos,lost to portland,beat chi in chi,then the wizards and everyone went from "oh god" to "yes(Marv Albert)" to "Stat is ok not worth 100 mill tho" Then the 6 game losing streak came and it was a holacaust "Stats a fraud" to "Omg Felt ssucks" to "Fire D'ant". Then we won 5 in a row and order was somewhat restored, then BAM! 8 straight! Wahooo! now its Stat MVP! Clutchinari! Wil for 3! We are great with what we have blah blah blah. All that happened in less than a month! So what will the same people that don't want Melo now be saying if we start loosing over the next month into ASW?

    These Knicks are fun to look at and have players who you really want to root for, but be careful not to be a homer,overating players and holding on to that "potential" Dirk and Lamar Odom

    2:The Chandler-Gallo-Fields debate

    This one is shorter for me because it's an easy answer. Fields is the obvious one you want to put the most cards on and Chandler would be a close 2nd. I like Gallo I really do, but how much better do you guys think he will get, w/o judging like a knick fan who loves anyone on the team if there winning. Gallo can get to the line and he can shoot but there are other players that can do that he isnt the only one. Will is great in his own right i'd love to have him and Melo tag-team at the 3 with fields at the 2. Will can go after this year and to get Melo OUT RIGHT w/o trading we'd have to let him go, so why not trade for Melo to keep Will? Landry is a rookie who is a very high iq player now THAT you don't find in most players because they rely on their athleticism and don't actually think the game like they should.

    3:The impending Free Agency

    Haven't you had enough of waiting till another fa period to see if anyone actually wants to be a KNICK. Well it came last summer in Amare. So why is it that most of you are still thinking like this team is going nowhere and we need to get younger as if were rebuilding and sign these mediocre role players? All I hear is we need a C and a backup pg. For one those 2 positions are the hardest in the sport to find great players at so w/e you guys are hoping for isn't going to happen. We have Toney Douglas as backup Pg for a reason otherwise Donnie could have signed Earl Watson with some of the MLE but he didn't because this kid is "potential". Mozgov was supposed to start at C but he hasnt played really this month because "potential" doesn't win! The Marc Gasol loving going around is sick he's a good young 7 footer yes but really, over Melo, WTF are you smoking?!?!?!? Glen Davis?!?!?!? he's not even a center, Reggie Evans "The Nut Grabber"?!?!?!?!?do you even remeber when we played Tor and he just held the ball because no one came an got it because he's NO threat on Offense. Yes he rebounds but he's a way for teams to clamp down on us. our advantage right now is that at most times 1-5 players on the court can shoot 15ft and out w/ him your playing 4 on 5 against a great Defensive team. But seriously hearing a team with a starting lineup of Gasol,AMare,Gallo,Mayo,Felton will contend for a title is beyond me. That team is a 2nd round team at best and a longshot if even that for the ECFs.

    I love my Knicksonline community,some of you guys are looney,some are irrational,some are just plain hilarious and im glad im apart of this ride with you guys!

    Sorry Bout The Rant.Peace.
    great post my g! TOTALLY agreed.

  12. #12
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I rather keep the core together that has been successful so far and has a lot of room to grow and improve than assume Carmelo will automatically equal = Championship.

    Wisonari > Carmelo.

    Why have one why you can have two on the court?

    Carmelo isn't a good 3pt shooter to be playing 2/3. He's a 30% 3pt shooter career wise and shooting 27% this year.

    Carmelo scores from the same range that Amare does, Carmelo is just a SF version of Amare and would contradict our offense and kill ball movement.

    If Manu Ginobili was on the market, then I would approve. Manu is an excellent passer and shooter and perimeter defender. Those are things that would benefit us and take us to championship level.

    Everything Carmelo is good at, we already got.

    We don't need an abundance of the same thing.
    We just need balance.

    Will Knicks be better with Carmelo? Maybe, it hasn't be tested yet so we don't really know.
    But I just see the Knicks being that great as the hype is making people believe.

  13. #13
    Member serendipity10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I agree Melo is a number one priority. In this 8 game win streak Amare scored 30 points or more, some where it was much needed. Melo also works on the clutch and will be a huge help to close out games. The team is doing well but how long can Amare keep it up.

    The Knicks really need to improve their defense, which brings the argument of getting a center, but i always thought of that as a second or third option because when a team has a chance to get one of the best you get him.

    Melo seems to be a guarantee Knick, so it looks like waiting for the season to end and sign is the right move. My thought of getting Melo is the sooner the better, gives them a better outlook on what to do in the off-season to improve and turns the Knicks to contenders immediately.

  14. #14
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I rather keep the core together that has been successful so far and has a lot of room to grow and improve than assume Carmelo will automatically equal = Championship.

    Wisonari > Carmelo.

    Why have one why you can have two on the court?

    Carmelo isn't a good 3pt shooter to be playing 2/3. He's a 30% 3pt shooter career wise and shooting 27% this year.

    Carmelo scores from the same range that Amare does, Carmelo is just a SF version of Amare and would contradict our offense and kill ball movement.

    If Manu Ginobili was on the market, then I would approve. Manu is an excellent passer and shooter and perimeter defender. Those are things that would benefit us and take us to championship level.

    Everything Carmelo is good at, we already got.

    We don't need an abundance of the same thing.
    We just need balance.

    Will Knicks be better with Carmelo? Maybe, it hasn't be tested yet so we don't really know.
    But I just see the Knicks being that great as the hype is making people believe.
    Im not even going to argue w/ that for 2 reasons:

    1:I never said Melo would automatically mean Ring

    2:Your biased to Home Grown players which i can totally understand

  15. #15
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Im not even going to argue w/ that for 2 reasons:

    1:I never said Melo would automatically mean Ring

    2:Your biased to Home Grown players which i can totally understand
    Not bias at all.
    I can say your bias to superstar players who been hyped by ESPN ever since they popped out of their mother's vagina.

    Its whatever. Judging each other is pointless.

    All I'm letting you guys know is that we don't need Carmelo.
    He needs us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •