I'm New But Seriously WTF!!!

la2ny

Starter
I'm sorry about making a thread but i had to release this frustration.

There are 3 topics i wanted to really cover in this thread that seem to be the hottest subjects right now:

1:Of course the Melo situation.

I've read just about everyones opinion on this subject and it's only three different answers i've saw.The 1st being developing young talent and signing a backup point guard and center in the offseason. 2nd being that we should go after Igoudala or Mayo. and lastly actually wanting Melo.

Now while I totally understand and respect everyones opinion i also feel it's an obligation to have some sense here.Some of the posts i've read were as bad as quiggle's thread from yesterday I mean they were almost like they wanted the last 10 years to continue. I for one know that Carmelo with Amare doesn't just mean title but in the next couple years it does,while their in their primes atleast.Remember before the season started everyone was still on that wedding shit an bitching about cp3 or melo or when we have both to have a big 3?What happened to that?Nothing! You guys get caught in the moment too much. the first week of the season we beat the raps,lost a close one in bos,lost to portland,beat chi in chi,then the wizards and everyone went from "oh god" to "yes(Marv Albert)" to "Stat is ok not worth 100 mill tho" Then the 6 game losing streak came and it was a holacaust "Stats a fraud" to "Omg Felt ssucks" to "Fire D'ant". Then we won 5 in a row and order was somewhat restored, then BAM! 8 straight! Wahooo! now its Stat MVP! Clutchinari! Wil for 3! We are great with what we have blah blah blah. All that happened in less than a month! So what will the same people that don't want Melo now be saying if we start loosing over the next month into ASW?

These Knicks are fun to look at and have players who you really want to root for, but be careful not to be a homer,overating players and holding on to that "potential" Dirk and Lamar Odom:thumbsup:

2:The Chandler-Gallo-Fields debate

This one is shorter for me because it's an easy answer. Fields is the obvious one you want to put the most cards on and Chandler would be a close 2nd. I like Gallo I really do, but how much better do you guys think he will get, w/o judging like a knick fan who loves anyone on the team if there winning. Gallo can get to the line and he can shoot but there are other players that can do that he isnt the only one. Will is great in his own right i'd love to have him and Melo tag-team at the 3 with fields at the 2. Will can go after this year and to get Melo OUT RIGHT w/o trading we'd have to let him go, so why not trade for Melo to keep Will? Landry is a rookie who is a very high iq player now THAT you don't find in most players because they rely on their athleticism and don't actually think the game like they should.

3:The impending Free Agency

Haven't you had enough of waiting till another fa period to see if anyone actually wants to be a KNICK. Well it came last summer in Amare. So why is it that most of you are still thinking like this team is going nowhere and we need to get younger as if were rebuilding and sign these mediocre role players? All I hear is we need a C and a backup pg. For one those 2 positions are the hardest in the sport to find great players at so w/e you guys are hoping for isn't going to happen. We have Toney Douglas as backup Pg for a reason otherwise Donnie could have signed Earl Watson with some of the MLE but he didn't because this kid is "potential". Mozgov was supposed to start at C but he hasnt played really this month because "potential" doesn't win! The Marc Gasol loving going around is sick he's a good young 7 footer yes but really, over Melo, WTF are you smoking?!?!?!? Glen Davis?!?!?!? he's not even a center, Reggie Evans "The Nut Grabber"?!?!?!?!?do you even remeber when we played Tor and he just held the ball because no one came an got it because he's NO threat on Offense. Yes he rebounds but he's a way for teams to clamp down on us. our advantage right now is that at most times 1-5 players on the court can shoot 15ft and out w/ him your playing 4 on 5 against a great Defensive team. But seriously hearing a team with a starting lineup of Gasol,AMare,Gallo,Mayo,Felton will contend for a title is beyond me. That team is a 2nd round team at best and a longshot if even that for the ECFs.

I love my Knicksonline community,some of you guys are looney,some are irrational,some are just plain hilarious and im glad im apart of this ride with you guys!:gony:

Sorry Bout The Rant.Peace.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i dont know what these guys are on....i smoke the finest herb, and even i know melo is worth more than his stats prove. We looked at amare's numbers and were fooled completely by his intangibles, leadership, work ethic (first in the gym, last out), the doubleteams and attention he demands....he is a superstar. Melo is also a SUPERSTAR that not only puts up numbers, but anytime he scores 2 buckets back to back, he can go off for 15 points in one quarter, he can make teams hold the ''orb of confusion'' by himself. Melo scores from any position....back to basket, faceup, 'the best pull up jumper in the league', agile layup, powerful stuff....he frickin carmelo anthony for gods sake. As much as i like chandler and whoever else....we need melo now.

keep felton, amare.....anyone else can be packaged

chandler and gallo both play 3. keep only one. melo plays 3....so even if you keep one, they will become a role player automatically. I would keep chandler for defensive purposes. Curry's contract also has to be included. Anthony randolph has to be traded for a first rounde rto give to denver and the deal is done.

Felton
Fields
Anthony
Staudimire
Turiaf/Gov

this is a championship team here ONLY if Mozgov can develop a bit more. He's having a tough rookie year.

la2ny

Starter
i dont know what these guys are on....i smoke the finest herb, and even i know melo is worth more than his stats prove. We looked at amare's numbers and were fooled completely by his intangibles, leadership, work ethic (first in the gym, last out), the doubleteams and attention he demands....he is a superstar. Melo is also a SUPERSTAR that not only puts up numbers, but anytime he scores 2 buckets back to back, he can go off for 15 points in one quarter, he can make teams hold the ''orb of confusion'' by himself. Melo scores from any position....back to basket, faceup, 'the best pull up jumper in the league', agile layup, powerful stuff....he frickin carmelo anthony for gods sake. As much as i like chandler and whoever else....we need melo now.

keep felton, amare.....anyone else can be packaged

chandler and gallo both play 3. keep only one. melo plays 3....so even if you keep one, they will become a role player automatically. I would keep chandler for defensive purposes. Curry's contract also has to be included. Anthony randolph has to be traded for a first rounde rto give to denver and the deal is done.

Felton
Fields
Anthony
Staudimire
Turiaf/Gov

this is a championship team here ONLY if Mozgov can develop a bit more. He's having a tough rookie year.
Exactly, im starting to get a headache from this. H ow in their right minds can you say you'd rather have a team like this when you can add another SUPERSTAR to it pretty much intact and make even more of a run this year building towards the future.

Some of those replies in the other threads are out there farther than lady gaga's wardrobe

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Quality thread that sums up a lot of shit. Props to Toons too for highlighting Melo's intangibles.

iSaYughh

Starter
Exactly, im starting to get a headache from this. H ow in their right minds can you say you'd rather have a team like this when you can add another SUPERSTAR to it pretty much intact and make even more of a run this year building towards the future.

Some of those replies in the other threads are out there farther than lady gaga's wardrobe

Linchpin is that even if we didn't contend right away w Melo; it'd be much easier to fill in the championship complimentary pieces.

Versus not getting Melo, and banking on finding another superstar in the making; or counting on guys becoming all-star like before the age of 24.

Gotta take championship windows into account.

Adding Gasol and Glen Davis to our current team, in theory, is a nice consolation, though.

But it's a fata compli we get Melo.

We will need help with our frontcourt, still, which is why being able to get a guy like Glen Davis to add to the mix would be clutch.

If we get Melo, our biggest weakness that we can feasibly fix is going to be just that type of frontcourt help. And one reason, I have zero problem relinquishing Chandler (either outright or by trade), and keeping Gallo/Fields, and giving us that ability.

iJoe

Rotation player
Quality thread! I've been saying the same thing and its funny with the people who have been going back and forth so rapidly between hating a player and loving him. Only exception being Dantoni who they will hate whether we win or lose because he's so easy to blame.

I'm happier if I see the team actually developing for the long term and competing every night. I know there will be rough losing streaks, but as long as they were hard fought and the kids learn, I'm happy.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
co-sign this thread

you took the words right out of my mouth. i dont post much but im always frequenting the site and browsing different threads.

this place is full of fans that are on a never ending emotional roller coaster. one week your a bum and need to be let go the next your un-tradeable even for a player of melo's caliber.

i love the way this team is playing but lets be real this squad as assembled isnt winning a title. it would be a big deal if we even advanced past the first rd. this team is talented yes but capped. with melo the sky is the limit and a championship is obtainable.

no one is saying trade everyone away to get him but seeing people arguing that letting 1 of our young guys playing well package with AR and a pick go is to much to burden is just plain ridiculous

la2ny

Starter
Linchpin is that even if we didn't contend right away w Melo; it'd be much easier to fill in the championship complimentary pieces.

Versus not getting Melo, and banking on finding another superstar in the making; or counting on guys becoming all-star like before the age of 24.

Gotta take championship windows into account.

Adding Gasol and Glen Davis to our current team, in theory, is a nice consolation, though.

But it's a fata compli we get Melo.

We will need help with our frontcourt, still, which is why being able to get a guy like Glen Davis to add to the mix would be clutch.

If we get Melo, our biggest weakness that we can feasibly fix is going to be just that type of frontcourt help. And one reason, I have zero problem relinquishing Chandler (either outright or by trade), and keeping Gallo/Fields, and giving us that ability.
Totally, I can understand the need upfront my thing is some guys were saying outright **** Melo like this guy is a bum and Marc Gasol and Glen Davis were Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom lol

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I'm sorry about making a thread but i had to release this frustration.

There are 3 topics i wanted to really cover in this thread that seem to be the hottest subjects right now:

1:Of course the Melo situation.

I've read just about everyones opinion on this subject and it's only three different answers i've saw.The 1st being developing young talent and signing a backup point guard and center in the offseason. 2nd being that we should go after Igoudala or Mayo. and lastly actually wanting Melo.

Now while I totally understand and respect everyones opinion i also feel it's an obligation to have some sense here.Some of the posts i've read were as bad as quiggle's thread from yesterday I mean they were almost like they wanted the last 10 years to continue. I for one know that Carmelo with Amare doesn't just mean title but in the next couple years it does,while their in their primes atleast.Remember before the season started everyone was still on that wedding shit an bitching about cp3 or melo or when we have both to have a big 3?What happened to that?Nothing! You guys get caught in the moment too much. the first week of the season we beat the raps,lost a close one in bos,lost to portland,beat chi in chi,then the wizards and everyone went from "oh god" to "yes(Marv Albert)" to "Stat is ok not worth 100 mill tho" Then the 6 game losing streak came and it was a holacaust "Stats a fraud" to "Omg Felt ssucks" to "Fire D'ant". Then we won 5 in a row and order was somewhat restored, then BAM! 8 straight! Wahooo! now its Stat MVP! Clutchinari! Wil for 3! We are great with what we have blah blah blah. All that happened in less than a month! So what will the same people that don't want Melo now be saying if we start loosing over the next month into ASW?

These Knicks are fun to look at and have players who you really want to root for, but be careful not to be a homer,overating players and holding on to that "potential" Dirk and Lamar Odom:thumbsup:

2:The Chandler-Gallo-Fields debate

This one is shorter for me because it's an easy answer. Fields is the obvious one you want to put the most cards on and Chandler would be a close 2nd. I like Gallo I really do, but how much better do you guys think he will get, w/o judging like a knick fan who loves anyone on the team if there winning. Gallo can get to the line and he can shoot but there are other players that can do that he isnt the only one. Will is great in his own right i'd love to have him and Melo tag-team at the 3 with fields at the 2. Will can go after this year and to get Melo OUT RIGHT w/o trading we'd have to let him go, so why not trade for Melo to keep Will? Landry is a rookie who is a very high iq player now THAT you don't find in most players because they rely on their athleticism and don't actually think the game like they should.

3:The impending Free Agency

Haven't you had enough of waiting till another fa period to see if anyone actually wants to be a KNICK. Well it came last summer in Amare. So why is it that most of you are still thinking like this team is going nowhere and we need to get younger as if were rebuilding and sign these mediocre role players? All I hear is we need a C and a backup pg. For one those 2 positions are the hardest in the sport to find great players at so w/e you guys are hoping for isn't going to happen. We have Toney Douglas as backup Pg for a reason otherwise Donnie could have signed Earl Watson with some of the MLE but he didn't because this kid is "potential". Mozgov was supposed to start at C but he hasnt played really this month because "potential" doesn't win! The Marc Gasol loving going around is sick he's a good young 7 footer yes but really, over Melo, WTF are you smoking?!?!?!? Glen Davis?!?!?!? he's not even a center, Reggie Evans "The Nut Grabber"?!?!?!?!?do you even remeber when we played Tor and he just held the ball because no one came an got it because he's NO threat on Offense. Yes he rebounds but he's a way for teams to clamp down on us. our advantage right now is that at most times 1-5 players on the court can shoot 15ft and out w/ him your playing 4 on 5 against a great Defensive team. But seriously hearing a team with a starting lineup of Gasol,AMare,Gallo,Mayo,Felton will contend for a title is beyond me. That team is a 2nd round team at best and a longshot if even that for the ECFs.

I love my Knicksonline community,some of you guys are looney,some are irrational,some are just plain hilarious and im glad im apart of this ride with you guys!:gony:

Sorry Bout The Rant.Peace.

great post my g! TOTALLY agreed.

metrocard

Legend
I rather keep the core together that has been successful so far and has a lot of room to grow and improve than assume Carmelo will automatically equal = Championship.

Wisonari > Carmelo.

Why have one why you can have two on the court?

Carmelo isn't a good 3pt shooter to be playing 2/3. He's a 30% 3pt shooter career wise and shooting 27% this year.

Carmelo scores from the same range that Amare does, Carmelo is just a SF version of Amare and would contradict our offense and kill ball movement.

If Manu Ginobili was on the market, then I would approve. Manu is an excellent passer and shooter and perimeter defender. Those are things that would benefit us and take us to championship level.

Everything Carmelo is good at, we already got.

We don't need an abundance of the same thing.
We just need balance.

Will Knicks be better with Carmelo? Maybe, it hasn't be tested yet so we don't really know.
But I just see the Knicks being that great as the hype is making people believe.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I agree Melo is a number one priority. In this 8 game win streak Amare scored 30 points or more, some where it was much needed. Melo also works on the clutch and will be a huge help to close out games. The team is doing well but how long can Amare keep it up.

The Knicks really need to improve their defense, which brings the argument of getting a center, but i always thought of that as a second or third option because when a team has a chance to get one of the best you get him.

Melo seems to be a guarantee Knick, so it looks like waiting for the season to end and sign is the right move. My thought of getting Melo is the sooner the better, gives them a better outlook on what to do in the off-season to improve and turns the Knicks to contenders immediately.

la2ny

Starter
I rather keep the core together that has been successful so far and has a lot of room to grow and improve than assume Carmelo will automatically equal = Championship.

Wisonari > Carmelo.

Why have one why you can have two on the court?

Carmelo isn't a good 3pt shooter to be playing 2/3. He's a 30% 3pt shooter career wise and shooting 27% this year.

Carmelo scores from the same range that Amare does, Carmelo is just a SF version of Amare and would contradict our offense and kill ball movement.

If Manu Ginobili was on the market, then I would approve. Manu is an excellent passer and shooter and perimeter defender. Those are things that would benefit us and take us to championship level.

Everything Carmelo is good at, we already got.

We don't need an abundance of the same thing.
We just need balance.

Will Knicks be better with Carmelo? Maybe, it hasn't be tested yet so we don't really know.
But I just see the Knicks being that great as the hype is making people believe.
Im not even going to argue w/ that for 2 reasons:

1:I never said Melo would automatically mean Ring

2:Your biased to Home Grown players which i can totally understand

metrocard

Legend
Im not even going to argue w/ that for 2 reasons:

1:I never said Melo would automatically mean Ring

2:Your biased to Home Grown players which i can totally understand

Not bias at all.
I can say your bias to superstar players who been hyped by ESPN ever since they popped out of their mother's vagina.

Its whatever. Judging each other is pointless.

All I'm letting you guys know is that we don't need Carmelo.
He needs us.

la2ny

Starter
I agree Melo is a number one priority. In this 8 game win streak Amare scored 30 points or more, some where it was much needed. Melo also works on the clutch and will be a huge help to close out games. The team is doing well but how long can Amare keep it up.

The Knicks really need to improve their defense, which brings the argument of getting a center, but i always thought of that as a second or third option because when a team has a chance to get one of the best you get him.

Melo seems to be a guarantee Knick, so it looks like waiting for the season to end and sign is the right move. My thought of getting Melo is the sooner the better, gives them a better outlook on what to do in the off-season to improve and turns the Knicks to contenders immediately.
exactly the plan before the season started was to acquire Melo as the next big piece which is what has been planned since LBJ took his talents elsewhere and that sets the great solid CONTENDER foundation for several years. With Melo and Stat w/ all these young guys it opens it up for bargain players coming in to try for a championship on the cheap while also not just blowing Amare's PRIME YEARS. Which I cant stress enough

la2ny

Starter
Not bias at all.
I can say your bias to superstar players who been hyped by ESPN ever since they popped out of their mother's vagina.

He needs us.
In what way am I bitting into ESPN's Hype? I for one am the last person to believe anyone is who ESPN says they are

And this whole big problem w/ understanding is Amare came here for a chance to win. He banked on being "The MAn" but he also didnt bank on trying to win a championship with just Wilson Chandler,Danillo Gallinari,Raymond Felton,LAndry Fields,Ronny Turiaf,Toney Douglas and guys who didnt even see the court. He was quoted numerous times saying he would have liked playing w/ Lebron.Why? Because he knows he isn't going to get far by himself. He of all people should know. His teams murdered Kobe's 06 and 07 Lakers because he had no all star quality help. You really think he wouldn't be feeling better about not having to score 30 every ****ing night just to get this team over the hump it's not like we've been blowing teams out. Everyone knows Carmelo isn't a ****ing God, he isn't the best defender,no Amare isn't either, but he can be damn good when he wants to just like Stat. Melo is one of the best players in the NBA, 2nd best SF in the league and for you to think otherwise thats like being those stat crunchers who will say someone is better than another by looking at %'s. no matter what you say they'll never listen.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Not bias at all.

He needs us.

I was always a proponent to going after Melo but I have to say that I am starting to wonder if the Melo - STAT combo would be ideal. They are EXACTLY the same type of player with STAT actually (believe it or not) being a better passer.... Never thought I would say that! If you think about it... What changed after we traded for Marbury? Everything was gelling and we traded VanHorn and that destroyed the chemistry and they never recovered. Right now there is tremendous chemistry with these players and they are ALL playing up to exactly their strenghts! We need another big to help so that STAT can rest a little more and we need another sniper from long range. I'm also starting to think Iggy would be a better fit at a cheaper price.
Before everyone starts hammering me I am not saying Iggy is better than Melo, I am starting to think that Iggy might fit in more seamlessly. We would be able to keep Fields because we migth be able to get him with Curry and Randolph alone. Might even get him for Just Curry and a pick.... Just saying you will be gutting a team that is ROLLING to get a player that might just clash with our superstar... I might be wrong and hope that I am because Melo is awesome but if we lose Gallo and Fields and maybe even Chandler..... Where does that leave us?????

la2ny

Starter
That was the whole basis behind us discussing a trade, in not gutting the team. Of course you dont gut it would be pointless.

As far as Iggy i considered it but as some people would bring up like Metro about carmelo's shooting Iggy is even worse,though defense is better and very athletic.

Still doesn't feel the NEED everyone wants does it lol. I thought about a trade and posted it in another thread about maybe pursuing Camby. He's the only decent C i can think of that actually has a chance to be moved and his contract would be up by next year.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't get why people are questioning whether Melo and Stat can co-exist. They both command double teams and can get to the line pretty much at will. Melo will open up more shots for the role players just like Amare does. Right now when amare goes to the bench, we lose a lot of offense and become easier to defend. Melo will cure that and make finishing games that much easier.

So what they're both major scorers. Everyone knows you have to have at least 2 great ones to win a chip anyway. (+ defense)