Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: You guys will be sorry once Randolph leaves.

Veteran

^^^ The irony in the video where he posterizes Yao, which was sick...is that he also commits a horrible technical foul, and is slow getting back to play D bc he's relishing his move.

It's precisely his problem. All of his probs stem from emotional/mental immaturity and lack of cohesion to his skills and translating them into an effective NBA player. It isn't bball IQ, even, which Toons makes great pt about -- it's not some absolute thing that can't change, and it's not even something we act like is some science.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    ^^^ The irony in the video where he posterizes Yao, which was sick...is that he also commits a horrible technical foul, and is slow getting back to play D bc he's relishing his move.

It's precisely his problem. All of his probs stem from emotional/mental immaturity and lack of cohesion to his skills and translating them into an effective NBA player. It isn't bball IQ, even, which Toons makes great pt about -- it's not some absolute thing that can't change, and it's not even something we act like is some science.
    He's 20 years old.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I don't understand why you guys demand this kid to be Tim Duncan at 20. His IQ will be low, especially since he hasn't even been playing basketball that long.

But is this really the final frontier?
    Thats it?
    Randolph is dumb, lets not develop, work, progress, and build up his skills?

Just because he didn't come in the NBA with an awareness of a Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett?

Oh gosh.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Randolph was traded for an All star PF.
    Ya, they used him to s&t Lee, but GSW still didn't give a lot of respect to AR. I'm sure Walsh/D'ant really wanted him, though. But still Turiaf became our starter and then weapon off the bench, and the same looks like it'll happen for Azzy if he ever is healthy.

GSW doghoused AR while he was there and hit him with the same complaints and showed little respect for him a legit player.

Nobody, not even GSW, would deny his skills. Why the problem he does have is legit and won't go away so simply as "get him a good coach to spend time improving his jump shot", "get stronger". It's not just going to be a product of give it some time, improve his game, etc. All that would make his game more lethal and give him more options, but he already has plenty of game and versatility to use.

There's an element out of anyone's control but Randolph's himself that needs to get fixed.

He already has the talent, and he has the skills to work it on the NBA level at this time.

Deandre Jordan is a lot like him, actually.

Veteran

He's 20 years old.
    I don't disagree. Which is why he should be given a legit chance still. His career hasn't been decided already, and he has the game and ability to be a force.

But he has a legit problem. And it's bigger than just needing to work on a certain skill to became a starting player.

Randolph was traded for an All star PF.
    along w two other players, both of which are better than him. stop.

if we won't play him send him to the D-League. there is a reason for it.

^^^^^^ x2

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Originally Posted by jpz17
    That is a great idea, he does have potential but needs to learn a lot to be able to have an opportunity. If he play off the bench he will hurt the Knicks to risky. He does need playing time to develop, which what the D-League's about.

i dont know why mike handles things like these

he plays mozzy , and mozzy has done mistakes he has dropped the ball more then my 2yr old niece , and get foul after foul and he lets him slide

but when its Randolph making a simple mistake you see mikes face pissed the F up
    i hate it i really do

the kid needs time

I just hope this demotion hasn't messed with his psyche. He seemingly has a fragile confidence. Anytime he makes a mistake it looks like he is about to cry. His natural talents cannot be overlooked, but he needs to be coached up. D'antoni failed to do anythin with Jordan Hill, we'll see how he handles Randolph.

I've been disapointed with Randolph so far, but I haven't given up on him like many on this board. But my expectations are lower no doubt.

Originally Posted by jpz17
    So demote him even more? He should be making an impression in practice. **** the D-League.

Originally Posted by KNICKMATIC809
    i dont know why mike handles things like these

he plays mozzy , and mozzy has done mistakes he has dropped the ball more then my 2yr old niece , and get foul after foul and he lets him slide

but when its Randolph making a simple mistake you see mikes face pissed the F up
    i hate it i really do

the kid needs time
    This is because randolph sux on a whole other level. He makes dumb-ass fouls and turnovers that Moz doesn't make nearly as often, and Moz has less court time cumulatively than Randolph. He's been in the league for a couple of seasons and he still doesn't kno how to play. Then to top it off he has this look on face like he's a kid who's being put in the corner. I'd be inclined to bench is ass too. Randolph right now is a basket-case. He needs to go to the D-league and see a psychologist to work on his confidence.

Your interests shows by how you've been stalking down all my post and tracking everything I say. You're officially obsessed
    Homer bias, ahhh, another subjective jab by you. Your full of facts aren't you?
    You exposing me is like me writing an Isiah Thomas appreciation thread, it'll never happen.
    You're putting a lot of energy into this though. If your not trying to change my mind, what are you trying to do? Atleast I'm giving you attention now. Kinda like a little kid when he gets Derek Jeter's autograph. You can never change my mind because you post a lot of nothing. Don't even try, when you do you look really really dumb. No offense?

Wrong.
    I admit when I'm wrong.
    I told people here that Chandler proved me wrong.
    Its not a big deal to me because I'm a fan of the Knicks, and thats a good thing.

Attention? You're obsessed with me, why would I need attention why I constantly get it, even from hating ass losers like yourself? You seem like the insecure one who doesn't get no love, so you hate on those who get love.

haha, good stuff metrotard. If somebody wanted to stalk you it wouldn't be hard. Everyday you post some ridiculous thread that offends everybody's intelligence. I'm about as obsessed with you as Eddy Curry is obsessed with proper nutrition....lol

Oh and get your facts straight...

1. AR is 21 not 20.
    2. Tim Duncan was Tim Duncan in his rookie season. He wasn't bounced around from team to team riding the bench the way you ride Marbury's dick...lol
    3. Traded for an All-Star??? David Lee was put in the game by David Stern who clearly has an interest in the Knicks doing better. David Lee isn't even the best rebounder on his current team. That would be Andres Biedrins. David Lee was so underrated that when people caught on he actually became overrated for a while. Ask any Golden State Fan or beat writer and they are having their doubts about Lee.
    4. David Lee was going to walk regardless, so we got minimal compensation 1 starter, 1 veteran bench player and a draft bust, you make it sound like it was a blockbuster.

You want to talk smack thats fine, but please bring the facts I can't argue with a muppet.

Veteran

Considering David Lee was going to walk nonetheless, getting Golden State's 2nd best up and coming player, a solid starting-caliber SG, and a big man that can hold the paint (something we haven't had in...a while) is a pretty good trade that borderlines on blockbuster, I'd say.

With regards to Randolph he needs some playing time. He was 20 at the time of the dunk on Yao so you expect something like that.

He needs some maturity but stop talking about him as if he's a bust because he hasn't shown maturity at age...21. It takes many good players a ton of time to solidify themselves into good starters (just look at Joe Johnson, it took him until age 24 to get to where he is now, he spent 3 years as a scrub and two more years as a developing project before he became an all-star caliber player) so if AR hasn't shown maturity in 2 years...oh gosh, he's terrible, right?