Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Cripples @ New York Knicks (15 Dec 2010)

Great game thread yo!

If anyone recalls our first meeting with the Celtics at the beginning of the season, we came out smoking and didn't lose by much.

I fully expect a win. Maybe a resounding victory.

We're young, pretty, and can't possibly be stopped! BOS is old and tired... time for a changing of the guard. If no one took us seriously before, they will after tonight!

Its war time, get your game faces on. NYK vs BOS then MIA, NY Giants vs Philly on Sunday.

THIS GENTLEMEN IS MAKE OR BREAK TIME FOR NY. (Mostly for the G-Men but you get my drift)

Superstar

Do Not Play Like A Jet!!!!!!!

I can't wait for this game!!! I've been looking forward to this since the last Boston/NY game. There are a lot of Celtics fans in my area and I would LOVE to shove a huge win down their throats.

Gallo vs. Pierce is the key to this match up. If Gallo can hold pierce to about 20 pts. then this game is easily ours. I hope Gallo is ready for the big game as this is probably the most pressure to win they've felt since they were 3-8.

Garnett vs. STAT is also going to be interesting. KG is back to form this season and I expect that they will try to use KG on STAT often as he is probably the only big on the Boston team tonight athletic enough to keep up. STAT should easily wreck him. Probably a 9th 30 pt. game.

On another note:
    My wife made a blue and orange bow for my daughter's hair, for her to wear when we watch the Knicks games together... she started wearing that 8 games ago. She'll be wearing it tonight too.

excellent smokin thread, can't wait to fire one up tonite and watch the 'bockers slay the 'dicks.
    Knicks should use SSOL whenever possible to tire out the Big Old Three, guard Rondor as close as possible (remember Girafferies great D on the PG), and don't let Piercedclit and SallyRay Allen stand on the perimeter and hit 3's. Moscow needs minutes to hack-a-Shaqira, and Tuffiaf needs to have big game to negate all the big green men. If Feltip and STUD keep their game together, and Gallo has a decent game, I think we can pull this one out. The Garden will be ROCKING!
    GO KNICKS! Go LandROY!

Originally Posted by p0nder
    My wife made a blue and orange bow for my daughter's hair, for her to wear when we watch the Knicks games together... she started wearing that 8 games ago. She'll be wearing it tonight too.
    ha! Awesome.

But on a more sinister note:

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers has a large challenge set before him. The New York Knicks are one of the best transition teams on offense in the NBA. Coach Mike DíAntoni has his team running and gunning led by Amare Stoudemire and Raymond Felton. The Knicks have run teams into the ground at times and it is a large reason that they have won eight straight games. However, Celtics fans should not be worried. The Boston Celtics have shown that they are the best this season at grounding high energy transition offenses.

Doc has done a great job getting the team ready to play the perfect game plan against teams like New York. Look at the teams that have been buried by Boston that love to run in transition. The Celtics have owned Miami this year by keeping them from running all over them. Guys like LeBron James and Dwayne Wade were frustrated at times by Bostonís suffocating defense. The young Hawks with Al Horford, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and Jamal Crawford were beaten into submission early by Boston in Atlanta. The Bulls were also frustrated by Boston at times. The Celtics may give up points to these teams, but the transition offense is very tough to pull off against Boston. This results in Boston wins.

The plan is simple. Rajon Rondo controls the tempo. He makes sure Boston shoots a high percentage and that allows Boston to get into defensive position. There are no run and gun breaks for easy baskets against Boston. Rondo also limits the turnovers. This sets Boston up perfectly to be in position for transition defense. The defense has guys like Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen sprinting back to cover and cut off any man looking for the easy score. The bottom line is rarely is Boston found to be lacking numbers defensively to cause an easy basket.

The execution of this defense will be crucial like it has all season. If Boston can handle the transition game of New York, they will win their eleventh game in a row. I like their chances as history has shown they are more than proven.
    What a ****tard! Does have a point though. Wonder what MD's got in store for the raging pack of geriatric fag tissues.

**** BOSTON!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Are you sure that Gallo will def on Pierce and not to Garnett? In my opinion would be better Chandler def on Pierce and Gallo on KG

Veteran

. The Celts is a veteran team, and the defending eastern conference champs. If we can just make it a great game...I'll be happy with that. The potential to win is there for the knicks but we will have to tighen up on that defense. The celts have many scoring weapons and a game of who can score the most points might not work in our favor this time. We probably will have to beat them with our intensity by having their older veteran players gasping for air. I expect Nate Robinson to be playing more minutes in this game due to the tempo it will be played on...

Alan Hahn just reported Shaq is going to be out Tonight!

The O'Neals are out! Attack Big Baby Bitch and KG in the middle!

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Alan Hahn just reported Shaq is going to be out Tonight!

The O'Neals are out! Attack Big Baby Bitch and KG in the middle!
    Damn straight! Put Mozgov in there to smash some heads tonight, Mike. Seriously, Big Timo needs to get his bruise on. What better way to begin than to concuss some of these leprechaun lemons.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

If we keep Rondo on the perimeter, we win this game.

Gallinari needs to play hard as well. Knock down open shots, Play good D, and for god sakes your 6'11, grab some rebounds!!!

Can we get the Moz 2 injure kg's knee again?

or put PeePee back in a wheelchair??

This is the way i would prefer we match up with them

Felton on Rondo
    Gallo on Ray allen
    Fields on Pierce
    Chandler on Garnett
    Amare on Shaq

no homo to everything i said above

Ray allen can slash but most the time he shoots, Pierce has owned gallo in the past. Which makes me wonder why gallinari doesnt make Pierce work harder on defense, hes got height on him and like Pierce gallo is deceptively quick. Get Pierce in foul trouble!!!!

If Shaq plays and we continue to start amare at pf, then we got no choice but to match up amare with shaq. Both players will have the advantage over eachother on offense

I think Felton can handle rondo but honestly, putting a sg or a sf on rondo works 9 out of 10 times, Rondo has alotta problems with players that are taller and know how to defend him. I remember Jared ****in Jeffries helping us beat the Celtics one time by completely shutting ronhoe down. The Lakers won the championship by puttin Kobe on Rondo in the Finals.

I havent been this charged for a knicks game in a while..If the knicks can get boston and miami on friday we become a team no one wants to play in the 1st round, then chicago on xmas day.... Im happy ny is getting national play again, espn usually hates the knicks lol., i remember as a kid gettin hyped for the xmas day games where m.j. at the garden.

We have a good chance of being 2nd in the eastern conference if we find a way to beat the scumtics and the miami weak