Boston Cripples @ New York Knicks (15 Dec 2010)

smokes

Huge Member
smokes2.jpg

PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS...

BOS.gif
@
NYK.gif

The Boston Celtics (19-4, 1st in the East) face off against our New York Knicks (16-9, 5th in the East!!!)

At the world famous MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
Knicks_playing_at_Madison_Square_Garden.jpg

Tonight the Knicks roll out in Madison Square Garden to try and correct their shaky home record, but at the same time extend their EIGHT GAME WINNING STREAK BABY!!! What stands in their way? Well only last years NBA finalists the Boston Smelldicks... Can the young, athletic, run and gun Knicks topple the Goliath, OAP, zimmer-frame peddling Celtics? Tune in tonight to find out!

STARTING FIVES

PG...............SG..............SF...............PF...............C
..... ..... ..... .....
Rondo..........Allen...........Pierce........Garnett.........O'neal

PG...............SG..............SF...............PF...............C
..... ..... ..... .....
..........Felton.........Fields.........Gallinari.........Chandler.....Stoudemire....

GAME PREVIEW

The Knicks come into tonights game looking to extend their longest winning streak since the glory days of 1994. After a shaky start the co-captains Felton and Stoudemire stamped their mark on the Knicks, shaking things up in the locker room, motivating the team, finding their feet and finding each other to lead the Knicks on an unprecedented run. After two years of soul-searching, player-hunting and cock-teasing the Knicks finally found their PG "of the future" and their big man of "right now". The tandem of Felton and Stoudemire are performing solid game in game out and the new star of New York, Amare "Stat" Stoudemire is putting up the highest numbers of his career and just beat the longest 30+ point scoring streak in New York basketball history. Anyone still talking about inflated statistics?

Boston are on a pretty impressive streak of their own, looking for their 11th straight when they come to the Garden, the longest current winning streak in the NBA. Both teams come into this one red hot, who wants it more?

The Knicks faced the Celtics once before this season and dropped a close one at the "other" Garden. The Knicks went down 105-100 but this was when the team was still in the early days of gelling. This time round the Knicks will be looking for revenge and are extremely hungry for wins. Doc Rivers had this to say on facing the on-form Knicks:

"They're probably going to be extremely fired up for this game and I'm hoping our guys can match that intensity... Any time a game has energy, it's great. It's really great for us because finding ways to get them up is always nice when you don't have to do it."

While many will be confident of the Knicks pulling this one, out of the 13-1 streak the Knicks have been on, only three of the teams they have beaten were winning teams. However, wins over West coast powerhouses New Orleans and Denver will spur the Knicks on to a big performance against the Celtics in front of the home crowd.

"We have confidence. We know how good we can be. We see the room for improvement," Stoudemire said. "We can get better. We have confidence that we can win. Every game is a different story. We just have to make sure we are ready to go and play smart."

One thing the Knicks will be looking to exploit is the lack of bigs on the Celtics roster at the moment. Jermaine O'neal and Kendrick Perkins are both out and Shaq is a doubt after missing their last outing at the weekend. Even with Shaq the Celtics will be hard pressed to deny the smoking hot Stoudemire.

STARTING FIVE MATCHUPS

Raymond Felton vs Rajon Rondo

Felton is on form and playing great. Currently the Knicks 2nd option on offense certainly has more in his bag of tricks than the stunted offense of Rajon Rondo. Felton has the better jumpshot, better outside game and is decent at getting to the rim. Rondo is better inside and is currently averaging the most assists in the NBA right now at 14 per game. Still, Felton did post 17 assists in the Knicks win over Denver and the Knicks block party will look to keep Rondo out at the rim.

Landry Fields vs Ray Allen

Impressive rookie Fields will be looking to school veteran sharpshooter Allen tonight. His fundamentals and solid all round game will greatly help the Knicks who haven't had a SG who can hold down the floor at both ends for several years.

Danilo Gallinari vs Paul Pierce

Gallo was the Knicks catalyst last time they faced off against the Celtics at the Garden scoring 31 points and locking down Pierce. However he was also the weakest player on the floor in Boston earlier this season going 0-6 from the floor. Pierce also averages 26ppg against the Knicks. This matchup will be key to the success of the Knicks tonight.

Wilson Chandler vs Kevin Garnett

Will the Thrill has improved significantly this season and he will be looking to abuse his athleticism over the OAP Celtics. Chandler's versatility will be key being able to guard the 2/3/4 and abuse his speed and hops over them on the offensive end.

Amare Stoudemire vs ???

Whoever logs the most minutes at C for the Celtics tonight won't be putting the brakes on Stat. Boston's best chance at slowing him will be KG but Amare's power and athleticism will let him get virtually anything he wants inside against the diminished Celtics frontcourt.

KEY MATCHUP

l4861675.jpg
WilsonChandlerDunk.jpg
Danilo+Gallinari+Dunks+On+Marvin+Williams2.jpg

The high-flying Knicks

VS

Boston-Celtics-Paul-Pierce-6080583.jpg

paul-pierce-wheelchair.bmp

75e12d72dd58b1c1f0dd5416c6511487.jpg

The Boston Cripples

Ahh, those Celtics jokes never ever get old!

SMOKES PREDICTION

Celtics 105 - Knicks 110

This will be a close game, Boston will keep the Knicks lower than their recent 115ppg average over the last 14 games but hom court advantage and the abuse that Stoudemire is going to dish out with his 30 point performances in tow should be enough to topple the Celtics.

11_8_10.jpg

RELATED ARTICLES

Pierce Doesn't See Celtics-Knicks As Rivalry

HIGHLIGHTS

Hope you enjoyed this game thread! :gony:

Sage

Rotation player
Sweet game thread! really looking forward to this one so we can get an idea of where the Knicks are. Paul Pierce won't be dancing around like a moron with a combeback win this time, cos we'll actually play our starters in the 4th.

Hope we give The Gov some miuntes so he can hack-a-shaq.

tiger0330

Legend
This is your 1st game thread this season? Great thread btw. The Celts are playing great, it's only one game but it's the most important game the Knicks have played in years. Beat the Celts and we are legit.

smokes

Huge Member
This is your 1st game thread this season? Great thread btw. The Celts are playing great, it's only one game but it's the most important game the Knicks have played in years. Beat the Celts and we are legit.

Thanks. Yeah first this year. Only did a couple last year when we still had hope for the season then gave up :lol:

This year I been real busy but Boston and Miami back2back was too tempting to pass up on.

And I agree, Pierce saying theres no rivalry here is like a devious little snipe that we aren't relevant enough to have a rivalry with them. We better stomp them!

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Definitely one of the best game threads I've seen in a while. Good job! Hopefully knicks can win this one and LMFAO at the KG pic... LETS GO KNICKS

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Bloody hilarious

It`s 7.50 am here in England. It`s bloody freezing and I`ve got a crappy day at work ahead of me.

This thread has just made me laugh so much. The pictures of the cripples and the wheelchairs is hilarious. Thanks for your hard work and cheering me up on this horrible English morning.

Great stuff, thanks.

Red

TYPE-A
Great game thread yo!

If anyone recalls our first meeting with the Celtics at the beginning of the season, we came out smoking and didn't lose by much.

I fully expect a win. Maybe a resounding victory.

We're young, pretty, and can't possibly be stopped! BOS is old and tired... time for a changing of the guard. If no one took us seriously before, they will after tonight!

Its war time, get your game faces on. NYK vs BOS then MIA, NY Giants vs Philly on Sunday.

THIS GENTLEMEN IS MAKE OR BREAK TIME FOR NY. (Mostly for the G-Men but you get my drift)

p0nder

Starter
I can't wait for this game!!! I've been looking forward to this since the last Boston/NY game. There are a lot of Celtics fans in my area and I would LOVE to shove a huge win down their throats.

Gallo vs. Pierce is the key to this match up. If Gallo can hold pierce to about 20 pts. then this game is easily ours. I hope Gallo is ready for the big game as this is probably the most pressure to win they've felt since they were 3-8.

Garnett vs. STAT is also going to be interesting. KG is back to form this season and I expect that they will try to use KG on STAT often as he is probably the only big on the Boston team tonight athletic enough to keep up. STAT should easily wreck him. Probably a 9th 30 pt. game.

On another note:
My wife made a blue and orange bow for my daughter's hair, for her to wear when we watch the Knicks games together... she started wearing that 8 games ago. She'll be wearing it tonight too.

CoolClyde

excellent smokin thread, can't wait to fire one up tonite and watch the 'bockers slay the 'dicks.
Knicks should use SSOL whenever possible to tire out the Big Old Three, guard Rondor as close as possible (remember Girafferies great D on the PG), and don't let Piercedclit and SallyRay Allen stand on the perimeter and hit 3's. Moscow needs minutes to hack-a-Shaqira, and Tuffiaf needs to have big game to negate all the big green men. If Feltip and STUD keep their game together, and Gallo has a decent game, I think we can pull this one out. The Garden will be ROCKING!
GO KNICKS! Go LandROY!
:gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
My wife made a blue and orange bow for my daughter's hair, for her to wear when we watch the Knicks games together... she started wearing that 8 games ago. She'll be wearing it tonight too.

ha! Awesome.

But on a more sinister note:

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers has a large challenge set before him. The New York Knicks are one of the best transition teams on offense in the NBA. Coach Mike D?Antoni has his team running and gunning led by Amare Stoudemire and Raymond Felton. The Knicks have run teams into the ground at times and it is a large reason that they have won eight straight games. However, Celtics fans should not be worried. The Boston Celtics have shown that they are the best this season at grounding high energy transition offenses.

Doc has done a great job getting the team ready to play the perfect game plan against teams like New York. Look at the teams that have been buried by Boston that love to run in transition. The Celtics have owned Miami this year by keeping them from running all over them. Guys like LeBron James and Dwayne Wade were frustrated at times by Boston?s suffocating defense. The young Hawks with Al Horford, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and Jamal Crawford were beaten into submission early by Boston in Atlanta. The Bulls were also frustrated by Boston at times. The Celtics may give up points to these teams, but the transition offense is very tough to pull off against Boston. This results in Boston wins.

The plan is simple. Rajon Rondo controls the tempo. He makes sure Boston shoots a high percentage and that allows Boston to get into defensive position. There are no run and gun breaks for easy baskets against Boston. Rondo also limits the turnovers. This sets Boston up perfectly to be in position for transition defense. The defense has guys like Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen sprinting back to cover and cut off any man looking for the easy score. The bottom line is rarely is Boston found to be lacking numbers defensively to cause an easy basket.

The execution of this defense will be crucial like it has all season. If Boston can handle the transition game of New York, they will win their eleventh game in a row. I like their chances as history has shown they are more than proven.:barf:

What a ****tard! Does have a point though. Wonder what MD's got in store for the raging pack of geriatric fag tissues.

**** BOSTON!

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/a...ense_he_will_need_it_against_new_york/3793792