Ridnour or Telfair?

nyk_nyk

All Star
I dont understand why people are so opposed to telfair. He would be a bench player and only required to man the point when felton sits. He's quick, can get to the basket and has decent to good court vision. His long range shooting isn't good but whos expecting him to take that many shots anyway?

I have no problem with the knicks pursuing him but i'd only give up mason jr or Andy "i rot on the bench" Rautins for him.

la2ny

Starter
Im all for it he's matured, he runs the point pretty good as a backup, and he has improved his outside shooting alot.

Also he's cheaper and it wouldnt lock us into him very long. So go for it, aslong as we get that 1st round pick! :cool:

New New York

Quiet Storm
The Wolves wouldn't do that. That pick is going to be real high.

Maybe not for their pick, but they own like 3 other picks in the draft....still if we are parting w/ Randolph and providing freeing up a spot for Flynn then I would want one of the projected higher picks.

The silver lining to this deal is that if we trade Randolph, Wilson's QO is given to him with no implications on our cap space going into the Summer.

Having said all that...if we went after a Minny PG to play backup it would make the most sense that it be Ridnour.

His game is perfect for our system!

Heres the trade

Walker
Randolph

for

Ridnour

No cap implications, plus a backup PG

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The main things I like about ridnour is that he can shoot 3s and run the pick and roll.

Telfair cannot do either of these things as well ridnour imo. Gimme Luke..

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
Definitely no Telfair! He would be such a cancer in the locker room. Ridnour's contract is too much to be a backup no? Like 4mil a yr or something?

iSaYughh

Starter
The main things I like about ridnour is that he can shoot 3s and run the pick and roll.

Telfair cannot do either of these things as well ridnour imo. Gimme Luke..

Ridnour would be the perfect guy. But honestly, we just need any decent backup who can run a quality p&r. When they are in the game, they just need to be able to execute the work with Amare first and foremost and not embarrass themselves as a pg (ie if we got Telfair).

In the draft I hope we use our first, or 2nds, to target the best sharp shooter we can find.

We don't want to spend any degree of substantial money on our pg. They just need to be a legit pg (not a hybrid sg), and have a singular ability to run a quality p&r. Anything else is gravy.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Some people on this message board have ridiculously high standards for a backup point guard. A litte perspective here: If Chris Duhon can be an effective backup PG for Jameer Nelson in Orlando, (Yes, I know they overpaid for him, but he HAS BEEN AN EFFECTIVE BACKUP PG) then Telfair OR Ridnour can be more than adequate as a backup to Felton in our system. Guys, we just need a ball-dominant player who can run the offense effectively for 10 minutes a game or so. Keeping Felton's minutes under 40 is all we really need to be able to do

Honestly, I think Telf would wil out in this offense, and resign for a reasonable price to stay. No reason he can't be what Barbosa was in this system.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Some people on this message board have ridiculously high standards for a backup point guard. A litte perspective here: If Chris Duhon can be an effective backup PG for Jameer Nelson in Orlando, (Yes, I know they overpaid for him, but he HAS BEEN AN EFFECTIVE BACKUP PG) then Telfair OR Ridnour can be more than adequate as a backup to Felton in our system. Guys, we just need a ball-dominant player who can run the offense effectively for 10 minutes a game or so. Keeping Felton's minutes under 40 is all we really need to be able to do
No he hasn't.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah let's not forget how terrible Duhon was...

I think Telfair would be a solid backup in this system. Remember he just has to be PASSABLE, he doesn't have to be GOOD...

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Telfair and Ridnour

Telfair

Sebastian Telfair could be the answer as the Knicks' backup point in the rotation.
The New York Times reported a few days ago that the Knicks and Timberwolves have discussed a deal to land them Telfair on multiple occasions.
While Minnesota is probably going to wait to see Johnny Flynn's progress after rehabbing from injury, this deal is looking more and more likely to happen.
Telfair has an expiring $2.7 million contract, so that definitely plays into his favor and the Knicks' plans for the future. He's also a Brooklyn born player, so he has that factor?no matter how trivial one thinks it may be?on his side too.

Ridnour

Speaking of Minnesota point guards, Luke Ridnour also presents a feasible option as a backup to Raymond Felton.
He's definitely an upgrade over Telfair and he has a reasonable contract that pays him, on average, roughly four million dollars. However, that contract runs all the way through 2014, so the Knicks may not be interested in making that sort of long-term commitment to a backup point guard.
Regardless, Ridnour is a quality guard that could be a full-time starter on many teams. With a good feel for the pick-and-roll, he could be a great asset in Mike D'Antoni's rotation.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...elo-anthony-new-york-knicks-could-land#page/3