Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melo traded to NJ???

Veteran

Default Melo traded to NJ???

Heavy rumors that Melo has been traded to NJ, extension hasn't been signed? WTF, the Nets must have some kind of confidence they can sign him.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

wtf?! that's so weird... at least it makes the east more interesting =D. For this season. If he stays there, we're still better then them. Melo Harris and Lopez got nothing on Amare, Felton, Chandler, and Gallo

Why would Melo agree to play for the Nets?

Why would he want to leave a playoff team to play the rest of the season on a team that won't even win 30 games this year?

I think these rumors are false according to WojYahooNBA via UberTwitter
    Last edited by johnstarky; Dec 14, 2010 at 23:45.

Latest tweet by the DenverChannel said Melo has to agree to a long term contract with the Nets before the deal is complete.. Can you say "not gonna happen??"

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

apparently the deal hinges on Anthony accepting the extension. this could be interesting as i think we will push to get Mayo now. just my guess, but of course this is all assuming that anthony is a net now

Veteran

It's up to Melo to blow it up. Denver is a go, NJ is a go, two legs of the 3 legged stool are done.

I'd rather not take a chance on Mayo. Don't think he would fit in our offense at all. If we lose out on Melo let's just wait and see what else can materialize. If nothing else we have cap room for this summer.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by nyk1986
    I'd rather not take a chance on Mayo. Don't think he would fit in our offense at all. If we lose out on Melo let's just wait and see what else can materialize. If nothing else we have cap room for this summer.
    Mayo is a scorer and he has the potential to be a smaller version of Melo he's only 23 so he's young and could still learn he could be had for a fairly cheap price while keeping most of our core( Chandler, Fields and Gallo ) together. i say if he could be had then why not??

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    Mayo is a scorer and he has the potential to be a smaller version of Melo he's only 23 so he's young and could still learn he could be had for a fairly cheap price while keeping most of our core( Chandler, Fields and Gallo ) together. i say if he could be had then why not??
    I like the idea. I liked Mayo since before he came into the league. Mayo is gunna have to mature a little first and become a lot better for us to even think about a championship anytime soon with our current roster.

Anthony Randolph should be enough for him, then again idk how much money OJ is making so there's probably gunna have to be some adding on.

Felton
    Mayo
    Gallo
    Chandler
    Amare

Turiaf, Fields, Douglas, and Mozgov. It's really solid, but is it a contending team?

Originally Posted by bboycustom92
    I like the idea. I liked Mayo since before he came into the league. Mayo is gunna have to mature a little first and become a lot better for us to even think about a championship anytime soon with our current roster.

Anthony Randolph should be enough for him, then again idk how much money OJ is making so there's probably gunna have to be some adding on.

Felton
    Mayo
    Gallo
    Chandler
    Amare

Turiaf, Fields, Douglas, and Mozgov. It's really solid, but is it a contending team?
    No, it isn't. We won't be able to contain or defend in the playoffs. Yes, I know D'Antoni doesn't know the meaning of the word defense but please find me a team that has won a ring in the past few years that has not been able to play exceptional defense. Not just let's flick a light switch on and then maybe everything will click. You see the team do it all season.

Veteran

Wojnarowski says it's completely false, and I think I'd trust him on this info over, well, everyone else...

Originally Posted by nyk1986
    No, it isn't. We won't be able to contain or defend in the playoffs. Yes, I know D'Antoni doesn't know the meaning of the word defense but please find me a team that has won a ring in the past few years that has not been able to play exceptional defense. Not just let's flick a light switch on and then maybe everything will click. You see the team do it all season.
    Absolutely right, but as long as we have D'antoni, we should be happy we get shots blocked and we steal the ball fairly well. If it wasn't for that, the only D we would see is the one in his name. But then again what he's done has us tied for 4 in the East with the a Magic team that lost to the same nuggets team we just beat on sunday.

Originally Posted by bboycustom92
    Absolutely right, but as long as we have D'antoni, we should be happy we get shots blocked and we steal the ball fairly well. If it wasn't for that, the only D we would see is the one in his name. But then again what he's done has us tied for 4 in the East with the a Magic team that lost to the same nuggets team we just beat on sunday.

Also on ESPN's twitter feed, JA says its completely false. Yes, I agree, what Mike has done is great to get us back to respectability. It was something the city needed for its well being much more than what was happening on the court (I'm sure the League is excited as well and revenue must be up in the NY market). It might just be my over analyzing due to the fact that I worked in college athletics and the team I worked for now is instituting 7 (for them 5 seconds or less) seconds or less at the college level. A majority of my friends, not the players of course, but fans think its amazing what is going on because they are undefeated now but I know better than to get false hope with a basketball team.

More claims that it was false.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Melo would be a great fit for the Nets, I would approve of this.