Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Reluctant To Part With Fields In Possible Carmelo Deal

Veteran

He wasn't speaking very loudly so when the guy asked "Nets?" he thought it was "Knicks" cause they both start with the "n" sound and then when he heard clearly that he was talking about the Nets...yeah, he was pissed.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Carmelo is nothing like Kobe. More like Glen Big Dawg Robinson on steroids. He's so hyped by you guys its not even funny. He's great at scoring, average at everything else. I rather just enjoy the well balanced roster we have right now that are all good offensively and can put stops on the defense. I wouldn't take Melo's defense over Feltons, Fields, Gallo, Chandler and Amare. The need for him is really illogical.
    and Fields doesn't need to be an all star for us to win.

Carmelo doesn't promise us a championship.
    I dont hype Melo. I know what he is, and he is way better than anyone we have on our team besides Stat. Therefore, if we got a chance to get another go to guy, and evn you will have to admit, that is what he is, you HAVE to do it. We are better off in a 7 game series with Melo than Wilson Chandler and Fields. Period. Even without a back up pg, more size pr whatever, Melo gives us a much better chance in any series than the guys we have.

And the second we signed stat meant we were no longer waiting on talent to develop. We are going for it now. By the way, Melo is 26. Is that not youth?

metro doesn't like melo so theres no reason in trying to give all these statements about it.he'd just have to watch if melo becomes a Knick and learn to like him

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Metro, I agree with you somewhat but you are way downplaying Melo here. He is an elite player in the NBA and that is a fact. Big Dog was very talented but was not half the athlete that Melo is or as strong as Melo is. Now, that being said, that doesn't mean Melo is a fit for the Knicks in it's current form and worth desemating your roster for. That is my biggest struggle over him right now, we would have to give Denver everything to get him and in the end, he might not fit and we would then have to reinvent ourselves to fit the Melo version of our roster and that might not be as succesful as what we have now. To be honest, I am torn!!

I don't really have Melo in my top 15 to call him elite.

Based on my top 20 this season and the future

Tier 1
    1. LeBron (consensus)
    2. Kobe (consensus)
    3. D12 (defensive player of the year)
    4. STAT (MVP of the NBA thus far)
    5. KD35 (best scorer in the league.

Tier 2
    6. Gasol (Another MVP Candidate)
    7. Dirk (MVP type season)
    8. Wade
    9. Paul
    10. DW8 (Epic season)

Tier 3
    11. BW0 (Should be higher, but I favor D-Will and Paul over him, is probably having the best season than any other PG though )
    12. Rose (A gay version of Stephon Marbury)
    13. K-Love (20 and 15...if he had defense, we're looking at a top 3 NBA player)
    14. Blake (Can you say beast?)
    15. Nash (Not the MVP we once knew, but 18 and 10 with crazy shooting percentage is undeniable)

Tier 4
    16. Ginobili (Best player on the Spurs right now, who are a top 3 team in the NBA)
    17. Rondo (despite having no scoring ability, best player in Boston)
    18. Horford (incredible what he does for the Hawks, high IQ player and rarely makes mistakes. Best player on that team)
    19. Wall (16 and 9 at his rookie year is quite epic, not even Paul did this, we're looking at the future NBA 1 PG of the NBA, he's in my top twenty now, soon to be in my top 5 3 years from now)
    20. Felton (19/9 with 2 steals and great shooting, only going to get better)

Then you got guys who can compete on Melo's level(Tier 5 or 6)like Josh Smith, Scola, Curry, Odom, Gay, Gordon, Milsap, Ellis, Garnett, Noah, Bogut, Bosh, Curry.

Tier 1
    1. LeBron (consensus)
    2. Kobe (consensus)

Tier 2
    8. Wade
    9. Paul
    10. DW8 (Epic season)

Tier 3
    11. BW0 (Should be higher, but I favor D-Will and Paul over him, is probably having the best season than any other PG though )
    15. Nash (Not the MVP we once knew, but 18 and 10 with crazy shooting percentage is undeniable)

Tier 4
    16. Ginobili (Best player on the Spurs right now, who are a top 3 team in the NBA)
    18. Horford (incredible what he does for the Hawks, high IQ player and rarely makes mistakes. Best player on that team)
    19. Wall (16 and 9 at his rookie year is quite epic, not even Paul did this, we're looking at the future NBA 1 PG of the NBA, he's in my top twenty now, soon to be in my top 5 3 years from now)

Then you got guys who can compete on Melo's level(Tier 5 or 6)like Josh Smith, Scola, Curry, Odom, Gay, Gordon, Milsap, Ellis, Garnett, Noah, Bogut, Bosh, Curry.
    lmfao see what im talking about guys?

12th man

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I dont hype Melo. I know what he is, and he is way better than anyone we have on our team besides Stat. Therefore, if we got a chance to get another go to guy, and evn you will have to admit, that is what he is, you HAVE to do it. We are better off in a 7 game series with Melo than Wilson Chandler and Fields. Period. Even without a back up pg, more size pr whatever, Melo gives us a much better chance in any series than the guys we have.

And the second we signed stat meant we were no longer waiting on talent to develop. We are going for it now. By the way, Melo is 26. Is that not youth?

You rather take Melo over what Felton is doing for this team?

Tier 1
    1. LeBron (consensus)
    2. Kobe (consensus)

Tier 2
    8. Wade
    9. Paul
    10. DW8 (Epic season)

Tier 3

Tier 4

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

12th man

Originally Posted by vpell
    HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
    Believe the hype and let the media think for you.
    Enslave your mind.
    Deny any flexibility or freedom to think for yourself.

I can't blame you though, you're not the only one.

Laugh at me now, everyone does.
    But in the future, I'll be the one laughing, like always.

Ask the Isiahsexuals (R.I.P.)

Tier 1
    1. LeBron (consensus)
    2. Kobe (consensus)

Tier 2
    8. Wade
    9. Paul
    10. DW8 (Epic season)

Tier 3

Tier 4

Metro - Great list but I think you are kind of mixing apples with oranges. You are lumping in all positions together when I don't really think you can compare a 3 to a 5 or 6... But, I will address a few things....

Ginobli - 33 years old, peaking and injury prone
    Wall - rookie PG that is raw and at points out of control... AND injured way too much for a rookie and that concerns me.
    Nash - Again, towards the end of his career and his decline is right around the corner.
    Horford, Love... - I mean you can't lump these bigs in with a 3; different skill sets.
    Rudy Gay is better than Melo???? Really????

You have Melo like the 100th best player in the league...
    At his position Melo is a top 3 player! Would I take Dwight Howard or Love over him... bet your booty! But, at the 3 spot I would only take James or Durant over him!

Fields can average 15-17 ppg, he was a crazy good scorer @ Stanford.
    I don't see the need for Melo, rather see Fields develop within 5-7 years to a borderline all star player.
    In 5-7 years Amare will be 33-35 years old. So you don't trade for a superstar NOW to keep a guy (just to be clear I'm a Fields fan) who might be a borderline all-star in 5-7 years??

12th man

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Metro - Great list but I think you are kind of mixing apples with oranges. You are lumping in all positions together when I don't really think you can compare a 3 to a 5 or 6... But, I will address a few things....

Ginobli - 33 years old, peaking and injury prone
    Wall - rookie PG that is raw and at points out of control... AND injured way too much for a rookie and that concerns me.
    Nash - Again, towards the end of his career and his decline is right around the corner.
    Horford, Love... - I mean you can't lump these bigs in with a 3; different skill sets.
    Rudy Gay is better than Melo???? Really????

You have Melo like the 100th best player in the league...
    At his position Melo is a top 3 player! Would I take Dwight Howard or Love over him... bet your booty! But, at the 3 spot I would only take James or Durant over him!
    I never said Gay is better than Melo. They're in the same level.

like? No, not at all. Melo is in my top 25.
    the SF position is probably the weakest in the NBA, so Melo being a top 3 SF isn't saying much, especially since after LeBron and Durant, the level of talent isn't that different from each other.

Ginobili is at his prime and age isn't a factor for him. He's the best SG behind Kobe.

Love, Horford, indeed different skill sets, but their skills in my eyes bring more value to a team than Melo's overall skills. Thats just my assessment. Post defense, rebounding, passing from the post and mastering the pick and roll...being 6"10 with ability to hit the mid range J with perfection, great court awareness. These are skills that separate average big men and elite big men. Horford and Love are future bigs of our league once Gasol/Garnett retire.

I agree Nash is on the decline, but he's been playing spectacular this season.

Melo hasn't looked his best this season either, only thing is up is rebounding...and Denver is an average rebounding team overall.

12th man

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    In 5-7 years Amare will be 33-35 years old. So you don't trade for a superstar NOW to keep a guy (just to be clear I'm a Fields fan) who might be a borderline all-star in 5-7 years??
    Melo isn't a superstar.
    Amare most likely will still be an all star big men at age 32-33. His decline wil begin after that.

Landry doesn't need to be an all star to contribute to this team. His contributions may be more impact to our balancing/chemistry as oppose to Carmelo's excessive scoring in bunches. Fields balances this team to almost perfection. Why mess that up?

Carmelo is nothing like Kobe. More like Glen Big Dawg Robinson on steroids. He's so hyped by you guys its not even funny. He's great at scoring, average at everything else. I rather just enjoy the well balanced roster we have right now that are all good offensively and can put stops on the defense. I wouldn't take Melo's defense over Feltons, Fields, Gallo, Chandler and Amare. The need for him is really illogical.
    and Fields doesn't need to be an all star for us to win.

Carmelo doesn't promise us a championship.
    Wow! Hey your entitled to your opinion but you are seriously downplaying how good Melo is. Melo is elite status and virtually unguardable on the perimeter. He's a great rebounder at his position and has good ball handling skills. His defense isn't lock-down but he's no slouch either.

That's almost like saying we shouldn't trade Turiaf for Howard because he can't make free throws.

Melo isn't a superstar.
    Amare most likely will still be an all star big men at age 32-33. His decline wil begin after that.

Landry doesn't need to be an all star to contribute to this team. His contributions may be more impact to our balancing/chemistry as oppose to Carmelo's excessive scoring in bunches. Fields balances this team to almost perfection. Why mess that up?
    I agree with you that Fields balances the team with his composure and not making bonehead rookie mistakes. He's a great role player BUT we can find that anywhere. You don't find players like Melo too often.

12th man

6 rebounds per game isn't great. Its adequate. Melo isn't Gerald Wallace or Shawn Marion. I don't know why you have to try so hard to overhype him. I know who he is.

Terrible comparision.
    Ronny is a bench player.
    Dwight Howard is a superstar/MVP caliber player.

Chandler/Fields/Gallo are starters, productive starters I may add.
    Carmelo is a top 25-30 player, but isn't in the elite 15. Nor he is MVP caliber and never will be.

In order to be a superstar, I believe you should get MVP consideration sometime in your career. Melo's numbers are not MVP numbers, nor is his style of player. I don't remember when Melo ever did. Denver became legit when Billups arrived and they didn't really win the conference from what I remember.