Knicks Reluctant To Part With Fields In Possible Carmelo Deal

metrocard

Legend
I dont hype Melo. I know what he is, and he is way better than anyone we have on our team besides Stat. Therefore, if we got a chance to get another go to guy, and evn you will have to admit, that is what he is, you HAVE to do it. We are better off in a 7 game series with Melo than Wilson Chandler and Fields. Period. Even without a back up pg, more size pr whatever, Melo gives us a much better chance in any series than the guys we have.

And the second we signed stat meant we were no longer waiting on talent to develop. We are going for it now. By the way, Melo is 26. Is that not youth?

You rather take Melo over what Felton is doing for this team?

vpell

Benchwarmer
I don't really have Melo in my top 15 to call him elite.

Based on my top 20 this season and the future

Tier 1
1. LeBron (consensus)
2. Kobe (consensus)
3. D12 (defensive player of the year)
4. STAT (MVP of the NBA thus far)
5. KD35 (best scorer in the league.

Tier 2
6. Gasol (Another MVP Candidate)
7. Dirk (MVP type season)
8. Wade
9. Paul
10. DW8 (Epic season)

Tier 3
11. BW0 (Should be higher, but I favor D-Will and Paul over him, is probably having the best season than any other PG though )
12. Rose (A gay version of Stephon Marbury)
13. K-Love (20 and 15...if he had defense, we're looking at a top 3 NBA player)
14. Blake (Can you say beast?)
15. Nash (Not the MVP we once knew, but 18 and 10 with crazy shooting percentage is undeniable)

Tier 4
16. Ginobili (Best player on the Spurs right now, who are a top 3 team in the NBA)
17. Rondo (despite having no scoring ability, best player in Boston)
18. Horford (incredible what he does for the Hawks, high IQ player and rarely makes mistakes. Best player on that team)
19. Wall (16 and 9 at his rookie year is quite epic, not even Paul did this, we're looking at the future NBA 1 PG of the NBA, he's in my top twenty now, soon to be in my top 5 3 years from now)
20. Felton (19/9 with 2 steals and great shooting, only going to get better)

Then you got guys who can compete on Melo's level(Tier 5 or 6)like Josh Smith, Scola, Curry, Odom, Gay, Gordon, Milsap, Ellis, Garnett, Noah, Bogut, Bosh, Curry.
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

metrocard

Legend
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Believe the hype and let the media think for you.
Enslave your mind.
Deny any flexibility or freedom to think for yourself.

I can't blame you though, you're not the only one.

Laugh at me now, everyone does.
But in the future, I'll be the one laughing, like always.

Ask the Isiahsexuals (R.I.P.)

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

Tier 1
1. LeBron (consensus)
2. Kobe (consensus)

Tier 2
8. Wade
9. Paul
10. DW8 (Epic season)

Tier 3
11. BW0 (Should be higher, but I favor D-Will and Paul over him, is probably having the best season than any other PG though )
15. Nash (Not the MVP we once knew, but 18 and 10 with crazy shooting percentage is undeniable)

Tier 4
16. Ginobili (Best player on the Spurs right now, who are a top 3 team in the NBA)
18. Horford (incredible what he does for the Hawks, high IQ player and rarely makes mistakes. Best player on that team)
19. Wall (16 and 9 at his rookie year is quite epic, not even Paul did this, we're looking at the future NBA 1 PG of the NBA, he's in my top twenty now, soon to be in my top 5 3 years from now)

Then you got guys who can compete on Melo's level(Tier 5 or 6)like Josh Smith, Scola, Curry, Odom, Gay, Gordon, Milsap, Ellis, Garnett, Noah, Bogut, Bosh, Curry.

Metro - Great list but I think you are kind of mixing apples with oranges. You are lumping in all positions together when I don't really think you can compare a 3 to a 5 or 6... But, I will address a few things....

Ginobli - 33 years old, peaking and injury prone
Wall - rookie PG that is raw and at points out of control... AND injured way too much for a rookie and that concerns me.
Nash - Again, towards the end of his career and his decline is right around the corner.
Horford, Love... - I mean you can't lump these bigs in with a 3; different skill sets.
Rudy Gay is better than Melo???? Really????

You have Melo like the 100th best player in the league...
At his position Melo is a top 3 player! Would I take Dwight Howard or Love over him... bet your booty! But, at the 3 spot I would only take James or Durant over him!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Fields can average 15-17 ppg, he was a crazy good scorer @ Stanford.
I don't see the need for Melo, rather see Fields develop within 5-7 years to a borderline all star player.

In 5-7 years Amare will be 33-35 years old. So you don't trade for a superstar NOW to keep a guy (just to be clear I'm a Fields fan) who might be a borderline all-star in 5-7 years??

metrocard

Legend
Metro - Great list but I think you are kind of mixing apples with oranges. You are lumping in all positions together when I don't really think you can compare a 3 to a 5 or 6... But, I will address a few things....

Ginobli - 33 years old, peaking and injury prone
Wall - rookie PG that is raw and at points out of control... AND injured way too much for a rookie and that concerns me.
Nash - Again, towards the end of his career and his decline is right around the corner.
Horford, Love... - I mean you can't lump these bigs in with a 3; different skill sets.
Rudy Gay is better than Melo???? Really????

You have Melo like the 100th best player in the league...
At his position Melo is a top 3 player! Would I take Dwight Howard or Love over him... bet your booty! But, at the 3 spot I would only take James or Durant over him!

I never said Gay is better than Melo. They're in the same level.

like? No, not at all. Melo is in my top 25.
the SF position is probably the weakest in the NBA, so Melo being a top 3 SF isn't saying much, especially since after LeBron and Durant, the level of talent isn't that different from each other.

Ginobili is at his prime and age isn't a factor for him. He's the best SG behind Kobe.

Love, Horford, indeed different skill sets, but their skills in my eyes bring more value to a team than Melo's overall skills. Thats just my assessment. Post defense, rebounding, passing from the post and mastering the pick and roll...being 6"10 with ability to hit the mid range J with perfection, great court awareness. These are skills that separate average big men and elite big men. Horford and Love are future bigs of our league once Gasol/Garnett retire.

I agree Nash is on the decline, but he's been playing spectacular this season.

Melo hasn't looked his best this season either, only thing is up is rebounding...and Denver is an average rebounding team overall.

metrocard

Legend
In 5-7 years Amare will be 33-35 years old. So you don't trade for a superstar NOW to keep a guy (just to be clear I'm a Fields fan) who might be a borderline all-star in 5-7 years??

Melo isn't a superstar.
Amare most likely will still be an all star big men at age 32-33. His decline wil begin after that.

Landry doesn't need to be an all star to contribute to this team. His contributions may be more impact to our balancing/chemistry as oppose to Carmelo's excessive scoring in bunches. Fields balances this team to almost perfection. Why mess that up?

nyk_nyk

All Star
Carmelo is nothing like Kobe. More like Glen Big Dawg Robinson on steroids. He's so hyped by you guys its not even funny. He's great at scoring, average at everything else. I rather just enjoy the well balanced roster we have right now that are all good offensively and can put stops on the defense. I wouldn't take Melo's defense over Feltons, Fields, Gallo, Chandler and Amare. The need for him is really illogical.
and Fields doesn't need to be an all star for us to win.

Carmelo doesn't promise us a championship.

Wow! Hey your entitled to your opinion but you are seriously downplaying how good Melo is. Melo is elite status and virtually unguardable on the perimeter. He's a great rebounder at his position and has good ball handling skills. His defense isn't lock-down but he's no slouch either.

That's almost like saying we shouldn't trade Turiaf for Howard because he can't make free throws.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Melo isn't a superstar.
Amare most likely will still be an all star big men at age 32-33. His decline wil begin after that.

Landry doesn't need to be an all star to contribute to this team. His contributions may be more impact to our balancing/chemistry as oppose to Carmelo's excessive scoring in bunches. Fields balances this team to almost perfection. Why mess that up?

I agree with you that Fields balances the team with his composure and not making bonehead rookie mistakes. He's a great role player BUT we can find that anywhere. You don't find players like Melo too often.

metrocard

Legend
6 rebounds per game isn't great. Its adequate. Melo isn't Gerald Wallace or Shawn Marion. I don't know why you have to try so hard to overhype him. I know who he is.

Terrible comparision.
Ronny is a bench player.
Dwight Howard is a superstar/MVP caliber player.

Chandler/Fields/Gallo are starters, productive starters I may add.
Carmelo is a top 25-30 player, but isn't in the elite 15. Nor he is MVP caliber and never will be.

In order to be a superstar, I believe you should get MVP consideration sometime in your career. Melo's numbers are not MVP numbers, nor is his style of player. I don't remember when Melo ever did. Denver became legit when Billups arrived and they didn't really win the conference from what I remember.

welcometonycity

Rotation player

Tier 1
1. LeBron (consensus)
2. Kobe (consensus)

Tier 2
8. Wade
9. Paul
10. DW8 (Epic season)

Tier 3

Tier 4

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL u have to much time on ur hands bro, and horendous list.

metrocard

Legend
I agree with you that Fields balances the team with his composure and not making bonehead rookie mistakes. He's a great role player BUT we can find that anywhere. You don't find players like Melo too often.

No we can't.
Field's type is more rare than Melo's type if you look at the NBA. How many Teyshaun Prince/Shane Battier types are there? Fields is having a better start to his career than they ever did and Fields is actually skilled offensively.

metrocard

Legend
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL u have to much time on ur hands bro, and horendous list.

So much insight.
Maybe instead of being unemployment, you should take your talents to ESPN with how much insightful knowledge you drop on the forums on a daily basis.
I'm sure you'll get hired.
You can't be much worse than Jalen Rose.

Oh wait.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
So much insight.
Maybe instead of being unemployment, you should take your talents to ESPN with how much insightful knowledge you drop on the forums on a daily basis.
I'm sure you'll get hired.
You can't be much worse than Jalen Rose.

Oh wait.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im at work niggggaaa ur a bugout.

ur creepin me out u just responded in 1 minute, GET A ****INNN LIFE NIGGGAAAA
ND UR ON DRUGS AT THE CRIB ON THE COMPUTER????? WATS WRONG WIT U?????????
MELO TOP 25-30????!?!?!?! LMFAOOOOO get a life!

AND AFTER WORK AT 7 ill be in the BX at Bronxchester boxing club and u live in the BX, SO STOP BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nd get out, come get urself tagged up

metrocard

Legend
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im at work niggggaaa ur a bugout.

ur creepin me out u just responded in 1 minute, GET A ****INNN LIFE NIGGGAAAA
ND UR ON DRUGS AT THE CRIB ON THE COMPUTER????? WATS WRONG WIT U?????????
MELO TOP 25-30????!?!?!?! LMFAOOOOO get a life!

AND AFTER WORK AT 7 ill be in the BX at Bronxchester boxing club and u live in the BX, SO STOP BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nd get out, come get urself tagged up

What kind of a job you do that allows to sit on the computer all day and post like a moron? Get a real job you unskilled baffoon.

Typing in caps like a pissed off elementary school who didn't get Justin Bieber tickets.

I got my life, happy to live it everyday. You sound miserable and distressed with your life. You're made a fool online and feel need to redeem yourself by challenging me? You're a scrub...you can't scare anyone; you just clowing yourself with this weak attempt.

Thanks for the invite, but I'm currently at Boxing College chilling with the miss.

However, I'll be back in the Bronx next week @ the World Wide Boxing gym on Jerome Ave by 205th street.

Go sharpen some pencils or something. Do something meaningful at work, unless you're just in the room that your fat mom pays rent for camping out playing black ops everyday. You not real.

nyk_nyk

All Star
6 rebounds per game isn't great. Its adequate. Melo isn't Gerald Wallace or Shawn Marion. I don't know why you have to try so hard to overhype him. I know who he is.

Terrible comparision.
Ronny is a bench player.
Dwight Howard is a superstar/MVP caliber player.

Chandler/Fields/Gallo are starters, productive starters I may add.
Carmelo is a top 25-30 player, but isn't in the elite 15. Nor he is MVP caliber and never will be.

In order to be a superstar, I believe you should get MVP consideration sometime in your career. Melo's numbers are not MVP numbers, nor is his style of player. I don't remember when Melo ever did. Denver became legit when Billups arrived and they didn't really win the conference from what I remember.

Upon Melo's arrival the nuggets went from 17 to 43 wins and have won 44 or more games since. Only special players bring a team up like that. BTW - How the hell is K. Love and Wall better than Melo??? Other than rebounding what does Love do better than Melo? Other than passing what does Wall do better than Melo???

I just randomly picked 2 names but they definitely don't belong above Melo. I know its YOUR list but still. lol

welcometonycity

Rotation player
What kind of a job you do that allows to sit on the computer all day and post like a moron? Get a real job you unskilled baffoon.

Typing in caps like a pissed off elementary school who didn't get Justin Bieber tickets.

I got my life, happy to live it everyday. You sound miserable and distressed with your life. You're made a fool online and feel need to redeem yourself by challenging me? You're a scrub...you can't scare anyone; you just clowing yourself with this weak attempt.

Thanks for the invite, but I'm currently at Boxing College chilling with the miss.

However, I'll be back in the Bronx next week @ the World Wide Boxing gym on Jerome Ave by 205th street.

Go sharpen some pencils or something. Do something meaningful at work, unless you're just in the room that your fat mom pays rent for camping out playing black ops everyday. You not real.

lmao yo im done argueing with u stop questioning me lil ***** u aint with no bitchhh n u aint in no college for boxing, stop by my gym ANYYYYDAYYY
btw who daa ****kkkkkk is justin bieber??!!?!?!?!?

metrocard

Legend
Nuggets stayed a 40 win team until Billups arrival. Thats my point if you missed it.

Love is a better passer, shooter, post player, and has more potential.

Love's season right now is better than any season Melo has ever done. Love is making NBA history and you should know because he had a 30/30 game on us.

Check the stats for further proof.

As for Wall, he's a better prospect and right now I would take Wall over Melo 10 times out of 10.

Wall has a set of skills that separates him and puts him into the elite list of PG's. Wall is only a rookie and is averaging crazy all star numbers. He's only going to get better, have you seen him ball this season?

metrocard

Legend
lmao yo im done argueing with u stop questioning me lil ***** u aint with no bitchhh n u aint in no college for boxing, stop by my gym ANYYYYDAYYY
btw who daa ****kkkkkk is justin bieber??!!?!?!?!?

Payaso, you're trying to hard to be hard. You're scared and don't even know what to say. If you're too elementary to discuss the topic of NBA/Knicks, then leave with your stupid ass. What you think you're hood for not knowing who Justin Bieber is? :lol: You're impressing no one here, and your a scrub at your gym who's a sparring dummy. Why are you repping?

You can't even read...lol, college for boxing? What are you talking about?

People like you make heads from the Bronx look bad. Young punks who talk a lot of non-sense and trash. I'm young myself at 22 but I learned from the old school.

You hit before you speak, then you speak. You a cat.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
u clearly get no buns. n sit on the computer all day. NOONE is trying to scare anyone, i just told u my location to spar and your from the same hood. LMAO and u bitcheddd outt pusssssyyy boyyyyyyyyy.