Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Good Things / Bad Ones / Questions About Bos @ Nyk

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Mark Good Things / Bad Ones / Questions About Bos @ Nyk

    What was good?

    1. Amare play as an MVP
    2. Gallo had good defence and an all-star second half (8-10, 1-1, 3-3)
    3. We made 116 points against the best defensive team in NBA

    What wasn't good?

    1. No interior defence against KG, no interior offence without Amare
    2. Sometimes Gallo loose his confidence
    3. We don't have the bench and however Mike is unable to use and develop it
    4. 4 player with more than 40 minutes of play

    Questions?

    1. Does the best offensive team in NBA need a pure scorer as Melo is?
    2. Our problem is not to have a good bench or is Mike that is unable to use it?

  2. #2
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Aristoteles
    What was good?

    1. Amare play as an MVP
    2. Gallo had good defence and an all-star second half (8-10, 1-1, 3-3)
    3. We made 116 points against the best defensive team in NBA

    What wasn't good?

    1. No interior defence against KG, no interior offence without Amare
    2. Sometimes Gallo loose his confidence
    3. We don't have the bench and however Mike is unable to use and develop it
    4. 4 player with more than 40 minutes of play

    Questions?

    1. Does the best offensive team in NBA need a pure scorer as Melo is?
    2. Our problem is not to have a good bench or is Mike that is unable to use it?
    1. Yes we do. Melo is a the best combo Post/Face up player in the league. With Melo on our team, he'd still demand attention as both a threat on the wing and the post where he loves to catch the ball most the time.

    2. Mike D's system is dependent upon tight rotation with athletic guys who can run the floor. Chemistry is big in this system. He'll never expand the rotation more than 8 guys.

  3. #3
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    It's abundantly clear NYK must find a way to pair Felton-STAT with Carmelo.

    If you really look at the numbers, see what Felton did before D'ant and what he's doing now. THEN, check out what Nash did in DAL before he got to PHO. Felton is 25. He may just become a Steve Nash type PG. DIfferent game/style, but just as critical to D'ant's offense.

    Toss in what Amar'e is right now.... Give them the one thing PHO never had- a wing player like Carmelo Anthony.

    That trio instantly makes you title-worthy.

    Of course, that roster needs to be surrounded with talent. This is why Landry Fields is the one player they cannot afford to part with. He must stay!

    I love Gallo's potential, and Wilson Chandler is becoming an all-star.

    But Wilson is the 1st player I would part with. I would hate to do it, but maybe you trade him while his value is highest. He's a free agent. Will he be able to be this type of player?

    Gallo would be the very first person I would deal, even before Chandler, b/c he would be rendered mute with Melo's arrival.

    It's a really tough call. Chandler is the better player now, but Gallo might be the better player in 3 years. Roll the dice here. I think you could/should deal one of these. Take your pick Den.

    NOw, what about Randolph? I think you deal him b/c CLEARLY he wont be ready to make an impact for 2-3 years. Why wait.

    So, Gallo or Chandler goes; Randolph goes. Curry goes.

    The point of no re turn for me is tossing in Fields AND both Chandler & Gallo.

    NOW, what about dealing getting Memphis involved? They're shopping OJ Mayo. Maybe we send them Randolph and they send Mayo to DEN, and we give them Gallo as well. MEM gets Affalo. DEN gets a 1st?

    Maybe we deal for Mayo and Melo?

    Lots of options here, but YOU DO WHATEVER to get Melo here now... just don't give up on all 4 (Fields, Chandler, Gallo, Randolph). If you have to give up 3 of the 4... DO IT, but try to bring back Mayo in the process.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Our Defense is the reason for us to be playing so many nail biters. Straighten that out and we can be a true contender. A starting line up of Wilson, Stat, Fields, Mello, and Felton will be very hard to beat...you are only as strong as your weakest link...if you Know what I mean...

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Honestly, to get this done, it will likely take Chandler and Fields. I have a feeling Buke's contract will be used in another deal for help. Gallo is going nowhere, u guys can bank on that. Too tied into the coach. Plus Chandler and Fields fit better in Den. Gallo aint a Karl player. That matters.

    If you get D'antoni Carmelo Anthony, with Felt and Stat... look out.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    giving up chandler and/or fields and keeping Gallo will set us back. His ties into the coach is what I've been saying since I got here... It's a hindrance. He's the most expendable player out of our core players. Replacing Gallo with Mello will instantly make us better. Replacing Wilson with Mello will take away a consistant shooter, rebounder, and defender. Fields is a rookie who has been playing at a high level, trading him might be regretful. So I think he deserves the same amount of time on this team (that Gallo had) to prove himself.

    Like I said before we are only as strong as our weakest link. Lets not fool ourselves...

    Edit: Mello has all the power. We don't have to jump at any of Denvers demands...

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    giving up chandler and/or fields and keeping Gallo will set us back. His ties into the coach is what I've been saying since I got here... It's a hindrance. He's the most expendable player out of our core players. Replacing Gallo with Mello will instantly make us better. Replacing Wilson with Mello will take away a consistant shooter, rebounder, and defender. Fields is a rookie who has been playing at a high level, trading him might be regretful. So I think he deserves the same amount of time on this team (that Gallo had) to prove himself.

    Like I said before we are only as strong as our weakest link. Lets not fool ourselves...

    Edit: Mello has all the power. We don't have to jump at any of Denvers demands...
    I feel ur sentiment to a degree, but lets not make Wilson Chandler more than he is. He is a complimentary piece, a very nice one. Melo is way better and capable of doing all that Will is and more. Plus Wilson is up. Makes him the logical choice. Melo>>>>Wilson n Fields.

    Plus remember, we are trying to stay players in the pg sweepstakes next year. We cant sign wilson and Melo and hope to get Paul, or Williams. And lets be honest, as well as Ray is playin, we'd all trade him in a heartbeat for Williams, or Pual (though I would keep Ray over Paul, cuz there aint much diff in their games to me, but dwill has that size u cant replace)

    So its deeper than just Will. We tryina build a powerhouse. That starts with Stat and Melo... and could end up with DWill (wet dream)

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I feel ur sentiment to a degree, but lets not make Wilson Chandler more than he is. He is a complimentary piece, a very nice one. Melo is way better and capable of doing all that Will is and more. Plus Wilson is up. Makes him the logical choice. Melo>>>>Wilson n Fields.

    Plus remember, we are trying to stay players in the pg sweepstakes next year. We cant sign wilson and Melo and hope to get Paul, or Williams. And lets be honest, as well as Ray is playin, we'd all trade him in a heartbeat for Williams, or Pual (though I would keep Ray over Paul, cuz there aint much diff in their games to me, but dwill has that size u cant replace)

    So its deeper than just Will. We tryina build a powerhouse. That starts with Stat and Melo... and could end up with DWill (wet dream)

    I hear you, and a few months ago...i would probably agree. But the chemistry on this team is looking very impressive, and the coach has made some hugh adjustments. Most of the pieces fit better than I thought they would. We are almost a powerhouse now, all we have to do is trade Gallo for any combination of our bench players to get mello.

    I'm just saying we don't have to spend big for Mello. We are in a unique postion and can probably grab him for next to nothing. Keeping our core talent is key to winning the big ones. I don't know what the CBA or Wilson's FA will bring, but its rare for a well manage sports organization to trade away their best home grown talent, when they really don't have to. With some creativity, I'm sure we can manage the books in a way that will keep our core team intact. We will see what happens thou, but what ever the out come.... I sure hope it isn't a really dumb move....those days should be well behind us.

  9. #9
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Folks we need some interior defense help. I kinda wish Anthony Randolph wasn't such an idiot on the offensive end so we could put him on some of those power forwards. I think he would have been able to contain Gay G in the 4th quarter. The problem is that he'd end up messing our offensive flow to.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I hear you, and a few months ago...i would probably agree. But the chemistry on this team is looking very impressive, and the coach has made some hugh adjustments. Most of the pieces fit better than I thought they would. We are almost a powerhouse now, all we have to do is trade Gallo for any combination of our bench players to get mello.

    I'm just saying we don't have to spend big for Mello. We are in a unique postion and can probably grab him for next to nothing. Keeping our core talent is key to winning the big ones. I don't know what the CBA or Wilson's FA will bring, but its rare for a well manage sports organization to trade away their best home grown talent, when they really don't have to. With some creativity, I'm sure we can manage the books in a way that will keep our core team intact. We will see what happens thou, but what ever the out come.... I sure hope it isn't a really dumb move....those days should be well behind us.
    See, when u say core players, like him or not Gallo is part of it. And he has it tougher than anyone coming from Italy, tryina get a mix if his euro game with ours. Wilson is close to his ceiling, Gallo isnt. Not that I dont like Will, but to me, he is expendable because he is most like Melo. Plus he is up! We are looking past Melo, we will be in the Paul, Williams convo next Feb as well. We need money for that. Thats why trading Will makes more sense. Plus Melo is a huge upgrade. Melo and Gallo compliment eachother better.

    We get Melo for givin up Chandler and Fields and Curry, its a STEAL! Only Knicks ans would think we gave up too much. If u were a Bulls fan u would think Den got robbed!

Similar Threads

  1. NBA Hometown Heroes
    By JayJ44 in forum NBA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 30, 2009, 17:48
  2. Mankind's search for God: Chapter 1
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum Hangout
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2009, 02:53
  3. can eddie and zach mix?
    By insomniac in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: Nov 25, 2008, 22:19
  4. 3 questions: Alan Houston
    By Isiah's Advocate 33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2007, 21:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •