D'ant's First Official Major Strike For Me!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Many people fault D'ant for the last two years but I don't. I looked at it as rebuilding and nothing more. Many people question his not fouling players when up by three with seconds left but that is just his philosophy and he is consistent with it. Some coaches just don't believe in it.

Anyway, last night in our loss to Bumston I officially give D'ant his first major strike in my eyes. He should have made the refs review that play and have more time put back on the clock. Had he done it we probably would have had enough time to get off a last chance shot. Obviously the time taken to review the play shifts everything and who knows if STAT gets that same shot and makes it. Point is that we should have had a chance had he made the refs review it.

I am by no means stating D'ant has been perfect besides this misstep but this is a big mistake in my eyes and potentially cost us a win against a division rival. Who knows, maybe it's like that wack movie from the 80's, Mr. Destiny and everything would be effed up had we won...but damn...I wanted to beat Rupaul and them green bitches bad!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
According to Alan Hahn, apparently D'Antoni and his staff did ask the refs to review the time on the clock. The refs are not required to do so and chose not to.

Starks

Starter
What's crazy is that some old idiot literally cost the Knicks the game by not stopping the clock. Millions of Knick fans pissed, thousands of Celtic fans relieved, and a totally different tune to today's stories about the Knicks were all caused by that guy. It's kind of funny if you think about

Sage

Rotation player
It's kind of funny if you think about

Yeah, except that it's not.. :(

Still feeling this one, tough loss to handle. It doesn't actually make sense to me why the refs would refuse to review the time. It seems like they do things like that ALL THE TIME now in the last two minutes of games.

p0nder

Starter
^Add to that that earlier that quater ray allen pointed out the clock to the refs and got it reset to 9 seconds for the knicks instead of 24 and you can see why some people are pissed about this. Still, i think it was a good game for the knicks and i think we'll bring the FIRE when we play the heat tomorrow.

Red

TYPE-A
I actually felt like we won.
We exposed these old dudes.
Stat embarrassed these dudes singlehandedly.
We impossed our will.
We learned more in this one game than the previous 25.

I feel just like I felt when the Giants lost to the Pats the last game of the 07'-08' season. The same year they won the SB. That with a few tweaks we're going to destroy these dudes when we meet again, which is...

In March and the last game of the reg. season, strange isn't it? Yeah mark it down. We witnessed our beginning and their ending... watch. I'm not mad one bit.

We wanted a competitive team, we got more and quicker than we expected. A rebound here, a foul shot there, a servicable big, and the East is in for a big surprise.

Can't blame MDA or the refs. When we blame ourselfs we'll acknowledge we were in control of winning. And we were. All that should be chalked up to young team growing pains.

KingCharles34

All Star
Stat had the 3rd highest points totals against the Celtics since the Garknee Allin and pee pee faggit trio was put together

We played a great game and its a tough loss, we got screwed outta it but Miami is coming to new york tomorrow night and the knicks gotta be ready to beat the miami beat

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
So they let Captain Ray get smashed on the way to the rack AND THEN chose not to add time to the clock after a review. Those ****ing cunts!

We've been getting raped ny the refs the last 2 games. Even at the best of times I'm impartial to the flaws of the refs, but that and the Felton foul make this loss even harder to deal with.

Did you see that slut Pierce bow to the crowd?

Fark me.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
While the loss may have hurt, you can't blame the refs. Knicks made some mistakes and caught a couple of unfortunate breaks. We could not stop Boston from scoring down the stretch and had difficulty securing rebounds. Felton also got knocked to the ground and caused a 4 on 5 fo Boston which the Knicks defended the best they could, Allen hit a big shot.

This one stings a little bit but you gotta move on, there is a lot of positives to take away from this game. Gallinari had a miserable first half but then was absolutely perfect down the stretch hitting clutch baskets. Our team fought hard all game and was in position to win throughout. We dropped a ton of points on the best defensive team in the league. Our guys looked so good that their trade stock has risen and Carmelo really wants to come here. While our execution was not perfect in the 4th quarter, offensively this team has been unreal at times (give D'Antoni credit here). While we did lose we also saw what we need to beat the Celtics and other Elite Teams.

- Size & Rebounding

We had some trouble keeping KG out of the paint and off the glass.

- Depth

Our rotation is very short and guys like Randolph, Mozgov and Roger Mason have not lived up to their expectations. Whenever Amar'e or Felton leave the game we give up our lead. As the schedule gets tougher guys like Amar'e and Felton are playing 40+ minutes a night which is a cause for concern as they risk or injury or burning out.

- Defense

While many have pointed out improved steals and shot blocking, we still let opponents shoot a high percentage and give up way to many second chance points. In order to close out games we need more two players that can lock down positions.

While I Love Melo, I don't know if signing him will do a whole lot, except perhaps improve our depth as we could run the offense through him when Amar'e and Felton are sitting. Carmelo does not provide a signifcant boost in defense or rebounding and it remains to be seen what kind of fit he will be alongside Amare and Felton.

Many on here argue we need a center. However, Amar'e seems to be doing just fine at that position and I don't know if there is a "true" center in the league that can play this style of offense. We might just need another agile power forward who can flank STAT, help clog up the paint and help out with the rebounds a Josh Smith type comes to mind.

With all that said we got a solid core and don't necessarily have to make any blockbuster moves.Perhaps the more prudent course would be to acquire 2-3 small pieces to fill out our rotation and give us the depth and size we need.