Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warriors agree to deal Dampier

Default Warriors agree to deal Dampier

It's only up to Damp if he wants to play in New York..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

YES!!!!!Great move now it's all up to Damp! :P

ISIAH IS THE MAN !!!! I would trade Othella and Nazi in a heart beat, specially for Dampier (a big man that we been needed desperately).
    I know Dampier will sign, who can resist playing for New York specially when they are paying you the money you want.

This is great news. I'd be surprised if Dampier picks the Hawks over the Knicks. Now Isiah needs to get Jamal Crawford, and mission accomplished, we're ready for next season. We have to throw a big man at Chicago at PF. Who left on the roster would you guys want to see go. Chicago said they don't want Kurt Thomas.

Default We'll finally have a team

I love it that we get Dampier... We NEED Crawford very very badly, and Othella was a big part of that trade so I don't know. I hope the knicks can plug in Dikembe instead of Othella since they both have expiring contracts... If they do that, the top 8 on the knicks is Dampier, Kurt, Tim thomas, Houston, Marbury, Crawford, Penny, and Sweetney. Maybe not a championship immedietly, but we got a team again. a yound team on the rise instead of a bunch of 34 year olds... After a possible Crawford deal, we just need a solid backup at center, and i guess between Crawford and Ariza(?) we have the backup pg spot filled

Check it out now!!! Eric Dampier in New York baby!!!

This ......... if it goes through is gonna make isiah look great. Now if he lands carwford then it'll make him a king in ny. This will put ny in th top 3 of th east, and make us a dangerous team. Youth, Athleticesim, and skill is now a knick signature.

Originally Posted by WiL8000
    Check it out now!!! Eric Dampier in New York baby!!!
    Can I use that for a graphic?

Superstar

Originally Posted by ARKATECH
    This ......... if it goes through is gonna make isiah look great. Now if he lands carwford then it'll make him a king in ny. This will put ny in th top 3 of th east, and make us a dangerous team. Youth, Athleticesim, and skill is now a knick signature.
    We are a dangerous and tallented team already... If Jamal lands here we'd become unstoppable.

Just imagine: Dampier, Crawford, Starbury, Houston, Tim, Penny... Damn, that's hot for real!

The only one problem is that Eric and Allan are getting old... That's the deal. But they've still got game. Eric is great, Allan still avarages 18+ points per contest so...

I wanted to ask you guys about Bessy... I mean, he's good PG, he's decent and he's tight at D... I think it would be great to get him to our bench. His cousin could've influence his game and push him to become a great player. What do you think?

hate to rian on the parade but...i LOVE dampier...if you read another one of my posts i siad he was our main priority..but...
    We need a very solid backup at C, what if he gets injured during the postseason? what if his age gets to him adn he can't play more than 20 mins a game? We have the same situation at SG with Houston but we have plenty of swingmen to replace Houston (non as talented of course). We need depth at C

Yo AJD,
    Go for it bro, enjoy.

Originally Posted by WiL8000
    Yo AJD,
    Go for it bro, enjoy.
    Thanks man check out what I made.

The great thing about this is we only lose Nazr and Othella (who wasnt even on the playoff roster) We also keep Thomas which is huge so we can use that for another trade, for Crawford and we also have the MLE to get a decent frontcourt player in case baker goes.

Originally Posted by kevin
    We also keep Thomas which is huge so we can use that for another trade, for Crawford.
    The Bulls said the don't want KT40.

The Dampier deal is great. The only thing that concerns me is that I read we are looking at giving him a 6 or 7 year deal starting at 9mil/season and ballooning to 14mil at the end. I can tell you he is not going to be worth crap at the end of this deal. Hopefully, Isiah makes it a team option after 4 years or so. Remember, Dampier for his career has a 8 point, 8 rebound, 2 block average until last year when he was playing for a contract. I am very comfortable with the players we give up for him, but have a long term concern for the state of the franchise in 5 years + if we give him that large and long of a contract.
    As far as Crawford trades go, I also read today that Chicago and NY are still working on it with Penny now being included potentially in the deal to mentor the young Bulls and teach them(also with a few expiring contracts like mutombo and trybanski, but without including K. thomas or F. Williams).
    We will see soon. In Isiah we trust.

David